kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Sorry, but in my humble opinion, "praying" is highly over rated... though ymmv.

Let's pray for a stable push today!!

Sorry but I love my stuff... and it's all about my stuff. I don't give a shit about your stuff, unless I want to make it my stuff... Gotta luv George!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLoge6QzcGY

You really shouldn't get too invested in your stuff anyway, but that applies to the power of 1000 on Experimental. You could be wiped every 3 hours and not a single fuck would be given, nor should it be. If you are so upset that you feel the need to talk shit, you should opt out of Experimental.

• Like 3

OMFG.  After the 8pm Northeast 01 server reset my entire camp is gone. I've lost weeks worth of work.  How about a little bit of F'n notice?  With all the trouble this .58 EXP is having I don't expect to see a stable push for another two weeks.  What a POS this game is becoming.

"This branch is by its own definition "Unstable". In simplest terms, the purpose of experimental branch is for the development team to experiment with builds in a larger userbase than our internal QA.

Sometimes that results in us finding issues we cannot catch internally, sometimes that means we can verify fixes on issues with very low repro rates.

Sometimes the builds are very unstable. (As mentioned prior)

As the nature of the experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed." - Brian Hicks

The game isn't a POS just because you can't deal with having persistence restarts on an EXP branch.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Haven't seen or heard from Boneboys in a while... Hunkered down, pending some development?  On holiday?  Not a word...

Well, I've played out this patch to the point of boredom. Everyone I try to talk to either runs away in FEAR or shoots me. I've done the crafting, hunting, exploring, PVP, PVE, interaction attempts and all that. Perhaps a break for a week or two is in order.

The effed up logic some players have is beyond me. My approach to the game is I don't play in fear. I'm cautious but could give a f if I die or lose my gear. I was running south tonight to find a bambi on the coast to give all my gear to. I get shot and break my legs. I hear "Drop your gun, Drop your gun" with my typical response of f you, just kill me. He says you have a whole squad on you so just drop your gun we won't shoot you. I yell "You just did you asshat, just finish me off already. I don't care." His buddy then comes around calling me an ahole, just to drop my gun then kills me. The first guy was then yelling at me after death calling me all kinds of names.  LMAO. Was he really pissed that I wouldn't comply to his power trip?

Is the logic "Hey, there's a player. Let's not let him go on his business, let's shoot him and make him interact with us."?  If you're one of the below, just shoot me and shut your mouth, lol. 

The small brain: "Hey, there's something moving, let's kill it!" If someone is just looking for PVP, there are much better games out there for that. Or "I saw this on youtube/twitch. It's funny but I'm not original enough to think of my own ideas."

The small weiner/fear: "Hey there's a player. Let's kill them so they don't kill us later. I don't want to lose all this cool military gear I got." 

Haven't seen or heard from Boneboys in a while... Hunkered down, pending some development?  On holiday?  Not a word...

Up to my neck in work + waiting for a new build.

• Like 3

Just had my first gun poofing on a low pop as I usually play on. The only thing different was I was playing with junior and he was in the near vicinity. I tried hotbar switching my water bottle for my gun the gun came up I could shoot it but had the option to "force drink" junior. Something made me drop a water bottle while the gun was in hand so I put the water bottle in had filled it and drank and somewhere in the process my sks/pu disappeared.

Hoping for a new build tomorrow.   

Where does the SVD spawn now? Anyone know?

Russian chopper crashes, AFAIK.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Let's pray for a stable push today!!

That'd be a disaster. This latest patch is amongst the worst .58 builds. I feel like in chasing perfection and trying to fix one last thing they've introduced a lot of bugs that'll just induce rage in people. Best off taking time and fixing the couple of big bugs that are causing the rage. Not sure I could take a month of people posting videos/threads on how they are done with dayz because they lost their gun or whatever.

What we need is a new .58 patch for the weekend, it well tested for a few days then a release next week. In sympathy with the devs, issues aren't always obvious immediately so that's a factor is slowing things down. .58 is the biggestand hopefully best release in a long time

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

That'd be a disaster. This latest patch is amongst the worst .58 builds. I feel like in chasing perfection and trying to fix one last thing they've introduced a lot of bugs that'll just induce rage in people. Best off taking time and fixing the couple of big bugs that are causing the rage. Not sure I could take a month of people posting videos/threads on how they are done with dayz because they lost their gun or whatever.

What we need is a new .58 patch for the weekend, it well tested for a few days then a release next week. In sympathy with the devs, issues aren't always obvious immediately so that's a factor is slowing things down. .58 is the biggestand hopefully best release in a long time

I agree to a point. It seemed like they had the loot near perfect, then decided to tweak it again..now I'm passing by AK's because I already have 2.

• Like 1

I agree to a point. It seemed like they had the loot near perfect, then decided to tweak it again..now I'm passing by AK's because I already have 2.

and people keep wondering, why KOS is the primary playstyle ... no gear left you long for, nothing to do since food is abundant, zombies are few and far between - when did you guys last eat berries and apples? For me it was early 0.55 - ever since they are mere decorations. When did you last engage infected or players with melee weapons after 20 minutes post spawn? 

We are currently playing a supermarket simulator populated with bored, over-geared players. If you can do without vehicles, then this is the current game you play. KOS is not the fault of the players, it's the playstyle the current game development fosters.

I think it would be much more interesting, if only ~ 30% of the server population had a gun, the challenge being finding one plus ammo and keeping it. Then teamwork and player interaction would see a revival, I'm pretty sure. The question should not be wether I drop my winchester for an AK74 or if I pick a CR75, an MP5 or rather stay with a longhorn.

That's a WalMart experience, not a survival one

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 15

I agree with you up to the point of gun scarcitiy. Guns should not be rare, civilian ones not at least. I quote Hicks "having no gun is boring as fuck". Taking away all the guns isnt a good idea nor a good medium to drive people to interact with each other - if I dont have a gun but you do, I am gonna try to knock you out instead. Working, dangerous zombies would be one. Lots of them, like in the mod. I played the mod for merely 30 minutes and these 3 things already really impressed me: lots of dangerous zombies, performance, the graphics (cherno looks devastated, amazing!).

Was the gun glitch in every Version of 0.58? I cant remember that but i think it startet 2 patches ago or not?

Maybe they could release one of the older Versions which doesen´t have this problem?.

But im not sure if that would be possible its just an idea.

I agree with you up to the point of gun scarcitiy. Guns should not be rare, civilian ones not at least. I quote Hicks "having no gun is boring as fuck". Taking away all the guns isnt a good idea nor a good medium to drive people to interact with each other - if I dont have a gun but you do, I am gonna try to knock you out instead.

We can agree to disagree here. And I am not Hicks. But I'm okay with people having different viewpoints. In your example, though, you would have to engage me with a melee weapon, so you'd have to show yourself - that's also a part of interaction. I can try to shoot you, run and talk you out of it - whatever. A lot more possibilities than just one of us getting the "you are dead" message. You'd also have to carefully weigh whether to attack me, wait for a better moment or another player or maybe just ask me for a weapon. The possibilities are endless.

Now there is how the game currently works. Last time I played with my mate we were kind of bored sitting on a roof with Winchester + AUG. Not knowing what to do. Saw a guy. Waited for him to stop somewhere to pick something up. Looked through hunting scope. Shot. Killed. Only interaction being the guy getting the you are dead message. Great interactive experience for him, I'm sure.

Repeated the same action 3 times. Mate got even more bored than me. We logged out. Great interactive experience for us, too. We could just as well have kept skyping and play a clay pigeon simulator with targets appearing more frequently.

Now I do not want to remove the possibility for sniping or killing, far from it. Just make it harder to get to the point where I can get bored shitless on a even more boring roof, pondering which gun I should use for target practice. I have seen the receiving end of it as well.

I want to feel lucky when I have finally found a gun with matching ammo, no matter which one. And be special with a gun ... I don't want to run around like in a drugstore, wondering which weapon to choose and which to leave in place. This special feeling of "look, I found it" is long gone. Long gone are also the days of player interaction. It's entirely pointless most of the time, everyone has everything (hello, post-apocalyptic scenario!!!). I feel about the same challenge when I enter a supermarket. Only difference being, I won't be killed leaving the store. In 0.55 I was asked if I need food and also offered food to people. The best thing I could do now is kill you by throwing food cans at you, simply because I don't need them all.

Same goes for other stuff - items should be scarce. Not that scarce that I need weeks to find a gun, but not a WalMart simulator either. I long for a survival experience. Now it's the game the devs make, I cannot influence that and I am okay with that. However, I feel it's alright to state my point of view.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 5

I dont think its as bad as you describe. It certainly isnt a walmart experience. And items should not be nonexistant like in 55. You describe that experience as if it was desired by the devs or actually desireable, it was not.

There is plenty of relevant items that are pretty rare. Glow plugs? car batteries? barrels? military weaponry? all decently rare. No reason to complain. The game is revolved around PvP at the moment - this was explained like 5 times already - because of lack of other things to do.

Plus, noone forced that playstyle upon you as you so describe it to have happened. That kind of playstyle is pretty boring, but its also the most safe one. But you chose this playstyle.

I tend to have the most fun if I just storm and go all in into things, like running straight up into the airfield with just a lever action. Got ambushed by a squad of 4 there, luckily I had a spotter watching my ass. Then I took 1 or 2 out, the rest retreated. It was just mosins and shotguns and those kind of guns there and it was fun.

That said, I look forward to zombie hordes and further improvements to lag, desync and loot.

Wanting all the loot to be extremely rare so you can play loot simulator and traverse the entire map for a working gun? Boring and uninteresting and never gonna happen. Loot spawning and availability has to be and will be tweaked, but actual scarcity is not a solution to anything other than killing the game.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Was the gun glitch in every Version of 0.58? I cant remember that but i think it startet 2 patches ago or not?

Maybe they could release one of the older Versions which doesen´t have this problem?.

But im not sure if that would be possible its just an idea.

the shouldering gun issue seems to have arrived in the latest .58 patch as a consequence of trying to fix the hand dancing gun glitch.

the shouldering gun issue seems to have arrived in the latest .58 patch as a consequence of trying to fix the hand dancing gun glitch.

Ok thanks for that info but can someone tell me if the other glitch was in every version of 0.58?

I know its hard to tell because there are 12 different patches and i can´t remember that but maybe someone here can.

The last bug was not as bad as this one, it was the gun stuck in hand one right?

A good point to note for the future:

• Like 6

-snip-

I tend to have the most fun if I just storm and go all in into things, like running straight up into the airfield with just a lever action. -snip-

Will the game be less fun for you when feature complete?

Because what you describe will not be possible in Vanilla DayZ SA.

There are 2 types of DayZ SA testers.

Ones who played the mod and the ones who came after.

Most people who did not play the mod have a different viewpoint on what DayZ SA should be.

• Like 2

Best off taking time and fixing the couple of big bugs that are causing the rage. Not sure I could take a month of people posting videos/threads on how they are done with dayz because they lost their gun or whatever.

Idk about this patch being the worst. I'm having decent fun, but only because the servers are highly populated and I'm spending a lot of time building backup bases with my loot. So that I can just storm into places and shoot the hell out of everyone or get myself shot. Alone, you don't have many options and PvP could be fun - if it wasn't so bugged. I totally agree that this patch needs a hotfix. I have real problems with player positions/shooting people and with the weapons glitch (despite a low ping and no rubberbanding). It's not only a weapons glitch, it's annoying in other ways, too. For example, when you chuck wood and automatically pick up the long stick, but drop your axe, if you don't pay attention.

I'm also not sure the CLE is working as intended. All the deerstands I checked lately either spawned the same item (Mosin comp or Axe) and most of them are empty. So are the feeding shacks. Other item spawns seem to work well enough, though there is an abundance of canned drinks. I'd really like to get a few things fixed, but most of all I wonder why/how there is no lag, but seemingly I am not shooting people. Instead of shooting where they are going to be, I have more luck shooting at where they were. That will get them killed, but that is wrong on so many levels ^^  

Will the game be less fun for you when feature complete?

Because what you describe will not be possible in Vanilla DayZ SA.

Quite the opposite and yes, it will be.

Edited by jayfkay

A good point to note for the future:

He's learning:D

Honestly, I think ever since the cle has come in it takes at least a long weekend for bugs to come to the fore. My rationale would be push the stable release candidate to exp on friday, let it run over the weekend and if no major blockers have appeared by late monday then publish (and be damned) to public on wednesday. If there are blockers there's no point in trying to fix them on monday/tuesday night and push on wednesday - I think that happened with .55 or .57 and I was shocked at the time. Because with this legacy code there's going to be a big chance of unintended consequences.

Also, imo if done right, .58 can happily stay on stable for a long time (because it'll be a great release) so that gives the exp branch more leighway and time.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

Idk about this patch being the worst. I'm having decent fun, but only because the servers are highly populated and I'm spending a lot of time building backup bases with my loot. So that I can just storm into places and shoot the hell out of everyone or get myself shot. Alone, you don't have many options and PvP could be fun - if it wasn't so bugged. I totally agree that this patch needs a hotfix. I have real problems with player positions/shooting people and with the weapons glitch (despite a low ping and no rubberbanding). It's not only a weapons glitch, it's annoying in other ways, too. For example, when you chuck wood and automatically pick up the long stick, but drop your axe, if you don't pay attention.

I'm also not sure the CLE is working as intended. All the deerstands I checked lately either spawned the same item (Mosin comp or Axe) and most of them are empty. So are the feeding shacks. Other item spawns seem to work well enough, though there is an abundance of canned drinks. I'd really like to get a few things fixed, but most of all I wonder why/how there is no lag, but seemingly I am not shooting people. Instead of shooting where they are going to be, I have more luck shooting at where they were. That will get them killed, but that is wrong on so many levels ^^  

I don't mean the worst patch ever e.g. worse than .55 /.57 etc. I mean of the .58 patches. I think .58 will be the best release.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2