kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I for one love persistence of the spawns. I've seen the same loot in my area for 3 days, loot I won't touch because I don't need it.

People love to argue that eventually all that will be left is trash loot, but someone will want that hockey stick soon. Or that wrench.

I love it. Makes you travel the map. Or loot cycle, but I prefer the first.

I highly doubt stuff like hockey sticks, tshirts or soon to be important stuff like Wrenches should and will have fixed spawns. Its temporary, CLE is not finished. They are not gonna keep respawning in the same house in the future. CLE's description is much different. When the item gets picked up, the server is supposed to spawn an item of the same class anywhere on the map where it makes sense.

This ofc can get frustrating when talking about the more rare items like Glowplugs that practically have a chance to spawn anywhere on the map.

Loot regions should get sorted out eventually tho, for military loot and more specialized loot for sure - also in general, to still make targeted looting viable (as Hicks personally said he wants this palystyle to be viable) while still giving people incentive to search everything else.

Is the item in hands bug fixed in this new exp build?

i just tried getting in my v3s with gun in hand and i got it to bug out

so doesn't look like it, maybe a different bug tho

Edited by dayzgod

I am sorry for doubleposting but since I am in mod daycare I cant read my previous posts and edit them, so here goes.

I don't want to give anyone false hope, but in theory a 64-bit application is faster than a 32-bit application on a 64-bit CPU. This is because a 32-bit program is not one that natively speaks exactly the same language as the 64-bit CPU so the CPU has to do a little bit of "translating" to understand the 32-bit instructions. It should help a bit, but I can't say how much for a million reasons, not the least of which is the fact that DayZ  is so unlike virtually any other game I've ever come in contact with.

EDIT: Also, the 64-bit architecture is literally just faster than 32-bit. In the same space of time, more operations can be performed on a 64-bit CPU running a 64-bit application.

This is also the reason why I believe that Win XP 32 Bit currently might give a slightly increased performance for the game. It certainly wouldnt surprise me as I have personally witnessed this for other games before.

SERGEJ!

MY WEIRD RUSSIAN COMRADE

WHERE ARE YOU!?

(Sergej: M.I.A - Today - exp update)

Edited by VVarhead

not being able to pick up items from the floor seems kinda game-breaking.

at this rate we won't see stable .58 til next year

There's always cure for this what I've experienced. It's 99% of the time been that you aren't actually where you're in your screen but you're behind the house for example. Drop an item when you can't pick up something. If the item doesn't drop where you're currently then find the item somewhere from the path you came. You're likely stuck at door or staircase or behind a fence. When you find the dropped item, head back to the item you tried to pick up. If you still can't pick it up, you're very likely still stuck at the same position as before. Drop an item, rinse and repeat. At som epoint the server will be again in the same place with your screen character.

Drop item is just an experiment to see that's actually what's happening. It's pretty often bug/desync.

Just vault to refresh your position to the server. 

• Like 1

Just vault to refresh your position to the server. 

that does not work, it had NO effect of your desync/server position.

it´s an myth

that does not work, it had NO effect of your desync/server position.

it´s an myth

Well whatever it does, it works for me. Before that I used to exit and re-enter the building which also worked most of the time but obviously takes longer.

Edited by solodude23

Tried hopping on server. Game loaded, and was stuck on "Please Wait" screen. If I hit Esc I could see the world, and leave "Please Wait" screen. But closing that returned me to "Please Wait". Also Tab worked, and P (player list worked). Going to try again.

Well whatever it does, it works for me. Before that I used to exit and re-enter the building which also worked most of the time but obviously takes longer.

find an item which is not able to "doubleklick" into your inventory but able to take it in your hands. if you find one of these items, try vaulting, running around the house or 100 meters away, this item will not be able to "doubleklick".

take it in your hand and from there in your inventory will work everytime. It´s not an bug because of desync/server position.

not that i know what the problem is, but desync is not the problem, in my opinion

This is also the reason why I believe that Win XP 32 Bit... 

Win XP is not supported.

I will remove the moderation restrictions imposed on you.

Good luck.

Has anyone's gun gone from there hands while running to holstered?

Yes, everyone i know has this issue.. happens about every 2 mins or so.

many, it´s reported on bug tracker

Myself no but Bug Reports have been filed on the tracker with similar since release of this latest build.

I'm seeing this same discussion occurring on Reddit. Seems common.

Anyone else getting a bigger memory leak?

Maxed out my 4 gigs in a little over an hour and my cpu stays maxed out at the main menu. Used to take 3 hours to eat all my ram and my cpu would drop into the 80% range at menu.

I ran the entire south coast looking for netting and the number of boats spawning loot seems to be dialed back.

Anyone else getting a bigger memory leak?

Maxed out my 4 gigs in a little over an hour and my cpu stays maxed out at the main menu. Used to take 3 hours to eat all my ram and my cpu would drop into the 80% range at menu.

I ran the entire south coast looking for netting and the number of boats spawning loot seems to be dialed back.

How much you have RAM usage when you don't have DayZ open? DayZ takes easily that 2GB and other 2GB can come from open programs and especially if you've browser open.

• Like 1

How much you have RAM usage when you don't have DayZ open? DayZ takes easily that 2GB and other 2GB can come from open programs and especially if you've browser open.

800ish mb even with my video recording software, not my first rodeo as far as outdated hardware.

I'm using a really bare version of 7 and kill all unnecessary processes and services before I play, I didn't actually tab out and see what dayz was at this time just got surprised by my performance graph when I closed it. I have seen it over 3gigs in the last few versions of .58 but it took 3 hours to get there. This time i did notice stutters towards the end of an hour session but just though I was crossing someone else's network bubble, yes I get a noticeable bump when I'm not alone in an area as far as I can tell.

I'm seeing this same discussion occurring on Reddit. Seems common.

Yep and if you are double carrying the gun in your hands may disappear completely if you don't have room in your inventory for it.

800ish mb even with my video recording software, not my first rodeo as far as outdated hardware.

I'm using a really bare version of 7 and kill all unnecessary processes and services before I play, I didn't actually tab out and see what dayz was at this time just got surprised by my performance graph when I closed it. I have seen it over 3gigs in the last few versions of .58 but it took 3 hours to get there. This time i did notice stutters towards the end of an hour session but just though I was crossing someone else's network bubble, yes I get a noticeable bump when I'm not alone in an area as far as I can tell.

I'm now monitoring my RAM usage. 2.5GB for DayZ and rising in 30mins. The more towns and places I visit the more it rises. Seems like there's no more 2GB limit. Chernarus got so many objects and stuff that no wonder that 2GB isn't enough.

/I got it @ 2.9GB but I've to quit now. Got to really wonder if there's a leak or is the memory usage just that high.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

OK something weird happened. My game freezed, I alt+tab and I see this:

mNl5M3y.png

I clicked ignore and I found myself teleported bit elsewhere when the game continued. I also see that some people were kicked because BEclient wasn't responding. Hacking or something other wierd stuff? At least I wasin the same town.

Edited by St. Jimmy