kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

At least they tried to make it interesting instead of trashing it and running 

and you might want to google that phone number  :lol:  

Agreed.  I loved that they left me a note.  And I did google the number - that was a nice touch!   :D

ETA:  Although, I had just run all the was back across the map holding attachable pouches that I was gonna add to my plate carrier and gun holster.  :(

Edited by Thurman Merman

Put it on the bug tracker (set to private).

Don't post it here.

Fire places keep on disappearing on the floor as well as the logs and sticks, forest floor & barns included, bit of a pain when you are wet and cold.

Might be related to lack of free space in inventory, might not  > :(

I have noticed that if you just use sticks and place the fire in a fireplace/stove it will disappear if you do not light it.  Once you light it you can still add stuff to it (when did books become fuel for fires, very conflicted about that idea but that is just me).  I had placed sticks and rags in a fire place and went to gather clothing to ruin, when I came back I could not "see, take, add to or remove" it from the fire place.  When I made another I was not given an option to "place" the new one.

• Like 2

yeah. u need to be very fast to light the fireplace - oherwise it's gone in split seconds - it's a bug for sure including logs from trees which vanish on the ground. 

The fireplace thing is intermittent, not sure if it depending on the server, location, or population or what.

Been doing allot of swimming and its been like 1 in 10 for me to have one proof.

Well that fireplace/sticks/logs disappearing was also in 0.57 or 0.56 experimental a while ago. Then it was more of a server dependet, because on other server logs and sticks disappeared after 2s and on other server they worked fine.

Animals seemed to rubberband in UK-02. I chased herd of 5 cows just a couple minutes ago :D Rubberbanding was pretty bad though I've seen worse.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Well that fireplace/sticks/logs disappearing was also in 0.57 or 0.56 experimental a while ago. Then it was more of a server dependet, because on other server logs and sticks disappeared after 2s and on other server they worked fine.

That's how it seemed on .57 exp as far as I recall. Had one last night after swimming back from skalatisy but had no problem on the island same server.

Second time I've had to relog in this past 30 minutes because hotkeys don't want to work. I couldn't drag anything to them manually without relogging.

Did gun glitching get fixed? I haven't seen it in awhile until lately.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

If anyone wants to try aerosols exploding in fires might work again. Just put some bullets in a fire and stepped back, heard a crackle like audio feedback the light level flickered and when it stopped the bullets had been consumed.

• Like 1

I'm getting severe lag and FPS drops on experimental servers, and I have never experienced this on stable builds. 

Welcome to experimental?

If anyone wants to try aerosols exploding in fires might work again. Just put some bullets in a fire and stepped back, heard a crackle like audio feedback the light level flickered and when it stopped the bullets had been consumed.

But they don't damage you, already tested. At least in the last build they didn't damage you. It might have been changed this build.

But they don't damage you, already tested. At least in the last build they didn't damage you. It might have been changed this build.

Just tried spray paint, didn't stand close enough to find out but no visual or audio effect, can consumed though.

Just tried spray paint, didn't stand close enough to find out but no visual or audio effect, can consumed though.

It got consumed? Hmm that is interesting because last time we tried it (was 2 or 3 builds ago by the way) it only got ruined.

It got consumed? Hmm that is interesting because last time we tried it (was 2 or 3 builds ago by the way) it only got ruined.

That's why I mentioned it, when it worked junior and I tried to carry paint just for fun when leaving a fire. One day it stopped working and the cans just got ruined.

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for some animals I found a couple of herds scattered in between Prud castle and Grishino tree line with ponds and rivers. 

PS: Have anyone had a bug where house fireplace wouldn't warm you at all ? I didn't test it several times just once.

If anyone is looking for some animals I found a couple of herds scattered in between Prud castle and Grishino tree line with ponds and rivers.

PS: Have anyone had a bug where house fireplace wouldn't warm you at all ? I didn't test it several times just once.

What server? I think they wander off at Radom from their spawn currently.

Yes some one had the couldn't get warm bug and I died of hypothermia by a fire the other night. I think I had it coming on today so I took my shoes of to hurt my feet and my statues seemed to start updating property.

Not gonna lie, reading these last 2 pages made me feel better about taking a break for the last week. I had racked up about 200 hours in the previous month so I probably overdid it. Lost count of how many primary weapons I lost due to the item glitch, logging out and logging back in only to find I had empty hands and nothing on the ground.

I'll be back in a month or when zombies and persistence are working. LaterZ

Not gonna lie, reading these last 2 pages made me feel better about taking a break for the last week. I had racked up about 200 hours in the previous month so I probably overdid it. Lost count of how many primary weapons I lost due to the item glitch, logging out and logging back in only to find I had empty hands and nothing on the ground.

I'll be back in a month or when zombies and persistence are working. LaterZ

Persistence is working. But hey, better taking a break than whining and complaining, see you in a bit. You should defintely try 0.59 even though it might have no infected, it's worth a shot.
  • Like 2

So their is no zombies?  I just got back to Dayz two days ago and havent seen 1 zombie in Exp or Stable?  Thought this was a zombie survival game.  If their is servers with zombies can somebody point the way??

So their is no zombies?  I just got back to Dayz two days ago and havent seen 1 zombie in Exp or Stable?  Thought this was a zombie survival game.  If their is servers with zombies can somebody point the way??

It's a survival game which is still in alpha. Damn, people asking and whining about the infected are getting as annoying as the people who whined about the M4.
  • Like 2

whining?  Ive been here from the beggining of this alpha but have been away for awhile and honestly havent followed this alpha.  So without another dbag response what is the status from you experts on the zombies?  Also realize it is a zombie end of the world survival scenario, or is that changed too?

Trucks I can help with, gas cans are a whole other story since they are much more randomly distributed ATM. 

Try the Open Pit Mine at Sevrograd, if not there up in Lopartino in a fenced in area between the big rusty warehouse and the church there or at the bus barn next to the train station between Lopartino and Vavilovo.  Vavilovo usually has two trucks, one near the main road next to a green two story house behind the two story Pub and one up the side road that goes to NWAF close to the wood line.

A little closer to the coast is Kabanino at the cowbarns, the cowbarns/tent city at Stary Sobor or Msta down by the snack stand and the small saw mill in Kamanovka, behind the piano house.

I have seen a gas can up on a GAZ wreck in a small junk yard near the scout camp north of Tisy.   But, you don't really need a gas can, just put a crapload of waterbottles in the truck drive to the nearest gas station and fill them all up at the pumps.

Has the fuel gauge on the truck been fixed yet?

Good luck, be careful driving, desync is a killer

Thanks Mate, it's sounding like the truck spawns are still static then. 

whining?  Ive been here from the beggining of this alpha but have been away for awhile and honestly havent followed this alpha.  So without another dbag response what is the status from you experts on the zombies?  Also realize it is a zombie end of the world survival scenario, or is that changed too?

At the moment they have taken out a great amount of the infected or even all infected. It is either to work on server performance, the performance of the AI or both.

I can't tell you when they will be back and if there will be any in the upcoming stable release.

We still haven't had word about them for the upcoming stable release, usually they mention these things. Maybe they will be back with the upcoming experimental update if they push another one out.

If 0.58 will not have any infected I would definitely check out 0.59 as soon as it hits Experimental. If you're curious about what you've missed you should read the status reports. And if you're curious about what is coming you should watch the video of the RTX presentation about DayZ in the coming status report.

I don't know which version you've quit but since 0.55 a lot has definitely changed. A lot of changes were announced for 0.59 which we are all looking forward to.

• Like 2

COOL right on, i was a little shocked as i was doing the sneaky ninja thing to avoid zombies and never saw them.  Cool looks like good things are coming glad to see vehicles finaly are here.  Look forward to the Zombies again though

• Like 4

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=24550

That's a feedback ticket that's been around since 0.56. Feel free to add to it and/or upvote :)

Steamdb activity "a little over an hour ago".

:ph34r:

Still just internaldebug. Many, many new builds for that branch over the last few days though. Whatever is holding them back, it must be really tricky to squash.

• Like 2