kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

fing's and my camp is still there.  Been there since a few hours after the last wipe.  He noticed a couple of hours ago that our fireplace, trpod and pot despawned.  Tents, trucks and barrels still in place though.

I can explain, you pushed him through the wall. He died from falling on the ground I guess.

Thats probably your punishment for trying to KOS the guy haha! But that was very sketchy looking , I've never actually seen that happen to someone else , only to myself , but question is how did he survive the shotgun blasts ?

looks like you buged him into the wall and he got stuck in the wall, but it was hard to watch for me, very laggy.

btw, does not look like there will be an exp. patch for the weekend :|

Yep I think it's something along those lines guys.

More weird stuff, he's not bleeding after the two shots. His clothes are ruined is all. There's the flash of blood as he's shot but no bleeding afterwards as he's running away.

I wonder if the axe hit killed him and he rag dolled into the room people used to get stuck in at the police station.

I think it's just a combination of bugs but, at the time, I thought maybe he was glitching because he runs at that wall so intently. I was sure I could hear footsteps after he disappeared but another different guy appeared nearby 30 seconds later so I don't know (I didn't shoot at that guy btw - did aim but never pulled the trigger.)

I kind of consider police stations as military locations so tend to shoot first ask questions later.

p.s. right at the start of the vid you can see the guy running towards the station. At the time, I didn't even notice that :shameface:

Edited by freethink

fing's and my camp is still there.  Been there since a few hours after the last wipe.  He noticed a couple of hours ago that our fireplace, trpod and pot despawned.  Tents, trucks and barrels still in place though.

That's been my experience in 0.58 as well. Yet on 0.55, the fireplaces stuck around for WEEKS.

More weird stuff, he's not bleeding after the two shots. His clothes are ruined is all. There's the flash of blood as he's shot but no bleeding afterwards as he's running away.

Dudester got shot the other day while we were both in the cab of a V3S, possibly even shot twice, and he was not bleeding when we pulled over to assess our injuries. I had been shot as well, because much of my equipment was ruined (jacket + backpack and their contents).

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I experienced the same issues that I have read for the latest exp build here...

Personally iam very excited for sunday to see/hear what they have planned.

The other thing is that I think the crossbow is way to underpowered and could get some more love from the devs.

So, that's interesting. Just got killed by a truck and it wasn't a driving one.

The truck was stuck in the ground and glitching. It was like the truck tried to free itself.

When I went up to the truck to check if it had loot in it I heard "ouch!", went unconscious and immediately dead after that.

If you see a truck stuck in the ground shoot it in the door or frame rails, if it's there because it spawned in terrain on reset this kickstarts the physics on it and it should pop out and act normal. 

I hurt my leg getting into a one week or so ago starting the engine as I did the get in animation, I couldn't do anything or hear the engine. My only solution was to log out and and back in and there it was engine running and I had a sprained ankle.  

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 3

I wonder if the axe hit killed him and he rag dolled into the room people used to get stuck in at the police station.

I think it's just a combination of bugs but, at the time, I thought maybe he was glitching because he runs at that wall so intently. I was sure I could hear footsteps after he disappeared but another different guy appeared nearby 30 seconds later so I don't know (I didn't shoot at that guy btw - did aim but never pulled the trigger.)

I kind of consider police stations as military locations so tend to shoot first ask questions later.

p.s. right at the start of the vid you can see the guy running towards the station. At the time, I didn't even notice that :shameface:

As a freshie in this build I was making my way north, somewhere out between Altar and Novy Lug I was climbing a ladder up into a deer stand.  

I heard a few rapid rounds which sounded like a .22 and I went unconscious - but in 5 seconds I was back up and I saw the guy running towards me.

I was standing on the ground again and suddenly facing him - so he stopped, turned tail and went racing back into the woods  :P

I went into the opposite woods preparing to bandage myself up but I had no damage at all.

All of my clothing was in the same condition as before and I wasn't even bleeding.

I hunted around for him a little while but he was either well hidden or he left the area ...

I would've left too - there's no sense shooting someone that refuses to bleed  B)  

• Like 3

I don't think he was cheating or glitching or anything. I think there was desync going on and that room was not his "actual" location, or possibly it wasn't your actual location either, and when you hit the building/wall with your axe it updated the locations and he disappeared..

• Like 3

I have been looking for tents and haven't found one in the last 36 hours.  Me and Thurman merman had one not long after the update, but that's it. I can't say I have looked in every house on the map, but went from Vavilovo down to the coast to novoselsky area concentrating on buildings that I have found them in before. I also did a rout from vyshnoye down to pusta then staroye and mysta after star I headed straight west and any village I had not been to up to Kozlovka in a straight line.  Looked in all the buildings and sheds in thoughs towns and nothing.  I thought they might be the least looted towns as no mil bases or helies near by and things might be restocking a bit better in thoughs locations.  Those are not the only towns that I have looked through thoroughly, but it gives you an Idea of how much looking I have done.  Tents aren't the only things that are hard to find after a the first 24 hrs of the servers running, Hunter backpacks, Barrels seam to be getting very hard to find and smersh vests are like hens teeth, not found one of them since the previous rest lol.  In all seriousness I don't mind that much, but if they are going to be hard to get after the first 12- 24 hrs after the update please make them hard to find in the first place, not easy at the start hard later, just hard at any time if that's the way devs wan't it. At least then I know things are going to take some time to get if its hard at the beginning. EG it took me at least 48 hrs to find my first spark plug. And don't forget Thurman has been looking to, but may be not as hard as me although I can't be to sure on that one.

*snip* EG it took me at least 48 hrs to find my first spark plug.*snip*

Poor you, it took me two and a half weeks to find my first one and I was playing six to ten hours a day when .58 came out.

I'm wondering how the initial big pile of stuff versus the respawning is going to work too though, tired of waiting for stable or a update so I think I'll go look what these packed servers look like after some uptime.

I have an open schedule right now and if I get wind of when stable drops I will set an alarm if I have to get while the getting is good.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

Debating if I should go back to stable and suicide all my characters before the update... 

• Like 2

some guys are definately hacking in experimental now - teleporting behind u wiithout a sound and instant kill u. 

Glad it will be another wipe before the last update. 

So in my limited session last night, finding near nil on the firearms side, unless you count that folded thing,  in less then five minutes I found these.  Had to root around a while to find a suitable backpack, thus needing a return trip to acquire, but to those suggesting it's too hard... I'm thinking not, though I guarantee ymmv.

dVihtjO.jpg

NEE5uBa.jpg

B6DvSO2.png

Some gamma for contrast. ;) As for the chipped leg, I fell backwards out of a tree stand after finding a bottle of Jack Daniels, my bad.

qfGPuc1.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty

Red vs. Blue, coming soon...

Ok, so we have armbands....

Are headbands and ankle bands planned?

Red headband + SAW = Rambocalypse now RP?

Went back to stable for the night as there was only 6 servers for me on exp and they were all full. Felt like such an experimental bore. Every two seconds I seemed to be saying "yeah in experimental..."

.57 is a joke but it's also a bit of fun. You die and 3 minutes later you are fully geared again. There's people with silenced ak74's who have probably never been to the nwaf. It's insane but only fun for a very short time. What annoyed me the most was the random noises (eating/ammo splitting.) 

• Like 5

So, that's interesting. Just got killed by a truck and it wasn't a driving one.

The truck was stuck in the ground and glitching. It was like the truck tried to free itself.

When I went up to the truck to check if it had loot in it I heard "ouch!", went unconscious and immediately dead after that.

Where was that truck at? I found one awhile ago making a bunch of racket that was stuck into the ground.\

_________

First time I've played in a bit but I just noticed that I didn't get any warnings about the server restart until it was actually restarting.]

And didn't the longhorn reload with the reload button? It seems to be back to having to load it manually.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Can anyone explain what happened here?

http://streamable.com/x559

That's some X files worthy action right there  :)

But on a serious note I believe it's a desync combined with a broken hit registration.

Edited by Miracool

Where was that truck at? I found one awhile ago making a bunch of racket that was stuck into the ground.\

_________

First time I've played in a bit but I just noticed that I didn't get any warnings about the server restart until it was actually restarting.]

And didn't the longhorn reload with the reload button? It seems to be back to having to load it manually.

I got a 15 minute warning on the server I was on and the longhorn has been like that since I started playing in January or February. 

I could've swore for a time it went to speed reload because I made a post about it .. the longhorn could but the blaze wouldn't.

• Like 1

I could've swore for a time it went to speed reload because I made a post about it .. the longhorn could but the blaze wouldn't.

I don't know if it still does or would work with a long horn(s) but I noticed double carrying blazes to meet up with junior if  you carried two blazes the the shouldered one would act like having a snap loader. You'd get the reload icon click the mouse wheel and the shouldered gun would empty and load the one in hand. 

• Like 1

- there's no sense shooting someone that refuses to bleed  B)  

yeah you know the old saying: "if it cant bleed, we cant kill it"

- there's no sense shooting someone that refuses to bleed B)

yeah you know the old saying: "if it cant bleed, we cant kill it"

Or don't trust anything that can bleed for a week straight and not die.

• Like 4

My ex, as an example...

Or don't trust anything that can bleed for a week straight and not die.

• Like 2

So I met a real nice guy who I caught checking his inventory in the middle of the road with his back to me. Could have put a longhorn bullet through the back of his head at my leisure but thought the polite thing to do would be to greet him, tell him where I am, and mention I'm not looking for trouble.

So back on the beach as a freshie I got to see some rain and that bugged hypothermia. 15 minutes from the first notification two fires later sprinting between and back down to freezing fully hydrated and energized beside a second fire I died crouching while I could still see in colour. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 4

So I met a real nice guy who I caught checking his inventory in the middle of the road with his back to me. Could have put a longhorn bullet through the back of his head at my leisure but thought the polite thing to do would be to greet him, tell him where I am, and mention I'm not looking for trouble.

So back on the beach as a freshie I got to see some rain and that bugged hypothermia. 15 minutes from the first notification two fires later sprinting between and back down to freezing fully hydrated and energized beside a second fire I died crouching while I could still see in colour. 

Some people!  I Had something like that to,  Some one comes across me in a house I say i'm friendly and wave.  They mutter a high then sidle up to me and shoot me in the head.  I could have got them back as I spawned back in not far from the scene of the crime.  Got most of my kit back and could have gone to the police station further down the road and I bet I would have come across him again lol.  But I'm not that petty.

• Like 2