kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Having a blast on this version of exp, been playing with a new group of players aswell so its been great to bond, that wouldnt have happened on .57

the only downside for me has been the long period of "receiving" followed by us all getting "session lost" and fellow players running on the spot, it happened on uk-01 around 11:00pm  as we got to the North West airfield so it wasnt ideal.

Had to relog about 3 or 4 times to get past the please wait screen.

building - biiiiiiiiiiiiig step forward. I hope we dont have to wait 4 months for it!

Apparently, there is a small, but vocal demographic, who find the game unplayable, unless they can tote a BFG9000 around. Hopefully this will die down, as folks adjust to the new reality. Heads down! Flames incoming!!!

I'm growing weary of it myself, but it's to be expected. Any major change from the status quo in how something works is going to elicit strong responses in either direction. Personally, I think their attitudes would change if they simply took another view of the situation; see rarity as a plus (as a way of showing off) rather than as a negative (not having something you want right now).

• Like 3

It's much better this way, now everyone isn't running around with a fully kitted assault rifle.

Don't mind the crykiddo's, like BCBasher I'll take a gas can (contains more) and also collect their tears.

The only downside is that I was on the quest of looking for a M4. I have had only 1 M4 in my DayZ life and killed only 1 zombie with it.

Guess it makes me should look harder and in more places. Things like these make the game fun and keeps you going.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

http://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/629453917869490176 I would say that the only downside is the frequent posting along the lines of, "Where is XYZ, it must not be spawning." Apparently, there is a small, but vocal demographic, who find the game unplayable, unless they can tote a BFG9000 around. Hopefully this will die down, as folks adjust to the new reality. Heads down! Flames incoming!!!

Image people coming on the forum of the game seeing the new player discussion section and asking where something spawns, the absolute cheek of asking a question.

Edited by lee83

If I hold you up, it's best if you just surrender.. 

Except you don't know who is trying to hold you up, so that statement is pretty pointless.  Unless you run around with a name tag on?  And as for your "counter strike" experience, trust me I have my best "I am intimidated" face on right now :) 

So I will stick to my normal operating procedure when dealing with would be bandits, who knows it might be you searching for that stone after all.

So, that's interesting. Just got killed by a truck and it wasn't a driving one.

The truck was stuck in the ground and glitching. It was like the truck tried to free itself.

When I went up to the truck to check if it had loot in it I heard "ouch!", went unconscious and immediately dead after that.

• Like 1

-snip-

ColdAtrophy has had some bad luck with this same bug.

He has been killed multiple times by trucks that are clipped into parts of the environment/map simply by getting into them.

Now he won't go within 15 feet of a truck if he thinks it's stuck "inside" something.

I don't think I have ever died from this myself though.

• Like 3

Seems so...just not sure which channel yet.

DayzTV @Dayz_TV 2h2 hours ago

#DayZ: @RTXevent Reminder. @Hicks_206 will Speak about Base Building, Soft Skills, Mods & Engine on Sat, at 22:30 UTC

http://rtxevent.com/rtxlive/

That's 6:30pm EST for those keeping score.

Edited by BioHaze

Austin Texas, for those want to look up from their location...

Austin (U.S.A. - Texas) Midnight between Friday, August 7, 2015 and Saturday, August 8, 2015 CDT UTC-5 hours

That's 6:30pm EST for those keeping score.

Edited by Super_Duty

I'm growing weary of it myself, but it's to be expected. Any major change from the status quo in how something works is going to elicit strong responses in either direction. Personally, I think their attitudes would change if they simply took another view of the situation; see rarity as a plus (as a way of showing off) rather than as a negative (not having something you want right now).

Evolution at work

• Like 1

Seems so...just not sure which channel yet.

DayzTV ‏@Dayz_TV 2h2 hours ago

#DayZ: @RTXevent Reminder. @Hicks_206 will Speak about Base Building, Soft Skills, Mods & Engine on Sat, at 22:30 UTC

http://rtxevent.com/rtxlive/

He'll be speaking in Room 406 at the Hilton, and that room doesn't appear to be a channel option on their livestream. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Ohh, you're a real bad ass. I'm scared. NOT. See my post above.  :D

If you're just going to give someone something they need/want, why not just talk to them? Because you're afraid of getting shot, losing your gear, getting embarrassed, etc. I don't let fear dictate my gameplay or interactions. I'll just stand there with my middle finger up while you shoot me like a coward.  :D

P.S. I'm just busting your chops. It's all good.   :thumbsup:

Except you don't know who is trying to hold you up, so that statement is pretty pointless.  Unless you run around with a name tag on?  And as for your "counter strike" experience, trust me I have my best "I am intimidated" face on right now :)

So I will stick to my normal operating procedure when dealing with would be bandits, who knows it might be you searching for that stone after all.

If it's a squeaker yelling for you to stop while you're already running through elektro/behind cover, it's not me.. My point was not to sound intimidating, but to be clear that some people actually KNOW how to hold others up, and don't do it if running/fighting is even an option.

Example: If you just ran into the  Barracks at Veresnik military base, and you're in the process of looting one of the rooms, and you hear a voice say "Please put your weapon down and come out with your hands up.."

Your options are pretty slim.. There's 1 exit to the building, and it's being covered with a gun.. There's a long hallway which people from outside can see down, and there's windows in every room, but 1, that can be shot through. You either go into the bathroom and log out, resulting in death, or you attempt to run out of the building, resulting in death, or you hunker down in the barracks and try to fight, which puts you at a huge disadvantage.

Another example: You're using a waterpump, and in mid "fill water", you get the same direction, to stay perfectly still, drop your weapon, put your hands up.. Again, your options are pretty slim.. you either try to run, or you try to fight, and any decent player is going to be able to kill you before you "cancel current action" -> stand -> run -> draw weapon.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

It's much better this way, now everyone isn't running around with a fully kitted assault rifle.

Don't mind the crykiddo's, like BCBasher I'll take a gas can (contains more) and also collect their tears.

The only downside is that I was on the quest of looking for a M4. I have had only 1 M4 in my DayZ life and killed only 1 zombie with it.

Guess it makes me should look harder and in more places. Things like these make the game fun and keeps you going.

TBH, I'd like a wipe when .58 goes to stable, even things up a bit.  I've noticed the new barracks building needs to be tab searched, items are spawning just out of sight under the floor and can't be seen.  Items like AK's, magazines for AK's and other accessories.

Image people coming on the forum of the game seeing the new player discussion section and asking where something spawns, the absolute cheek of asking a question.

Yes, I come here, because I hate questions. How perceptive of you! I can't pull the wool over your eyes, can I?

There's nothing wrong with questions. It's the single-minded obsession and sense of entitlement, followed by rage and butt hurt that I grow weary of. I never thought that I'd see the day, when someone would verbally assault a dev, because they weren't able to find their favorite weapon. Somehow, the word immature seems inadequate.

• Like 2

He'll be speaking in Room 406 at the Hilton, and that room doesn't appear to be a channel option on their livestream. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Bah.

So we'll have to wait for a youtube upload or similar I guess....

Thanks.

Can anyone explain what happened here?

http://streamable.com/x559

looks like you buged him into the wall and he got stuck in the wall, but it was hard to watch for me, very laggy.

btw, does not look like there will be an exp. patch for the weekend :|

Edited by wasnu

Ok, so we have armbands....

Are headbands and ankle bands planned?

Red headband + SAW = Rambocalypse now RP?

• Like 5

I can explain, you pushed him through the wall. He died from falling on the ground I guess.

The truck was stuck in the ground and glitching. It was like the truck tried to free itself.

When I went up to the truck to check if it had loot in it I heard "ouch!", went unconscious and immediately dead after that.

Probably a monster truck ... sorry, could not resist.

Thats probably your punishment for trying to KOS the guy haha! But that was very sketchy looking , I've never actually seen that happen to someone else , only to myself , but question is how did he survive the shotgun blasts ?