kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

man the servers are rammed tonight!

I'm still at work, but a friend just sent me a text a little bit ago saying the same thing. "I've never seen the Exp servers this full!" he said.

• Like 3

I'm still at work, but a friend just sent me a text a little bit ago saying the same thing. "I've never seen the Exp servers this full!" he said.

The "problem" is that only a handful of Exp servers are up. The devs are obviously stress testing.

I was just on w/ 48 players and while lag and desync was certainly present, it was not nearly as horrible as you might expect.

• Like 4

#.58_HYPE !!!

Really looking fwd to .58 stable - I think many folks are...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still running W8.1.

I had no problems with any of the previous DayZ builds and had no Windows updates since the last DayZ build.

The problem is chronic. The last time I tried to tab back into the game, DayZ rebooted.

I've got windows 10 pro x64 and have no problem alt-tabbing out of the game and back in.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

BTW, I'm not gonna be on much until later in the weeks, so that location on SC02 has all my stuff.  Multiple car batteries, glowplug, hunters backpack, CR75 with multiple mags, fully kitted MP5, blaze with HS and ammo, all my clothes, boots with combat knife, food, medikit, etc.  Everything a growing survivor needs.

Wow.  Just popped in to check.  The only thing taken were my boots with combat knife, hicap vest and protector case with CR75 and 3 mags - maybe some food.  My Blaze+hunting scope, glow plug, batteries, MP5, morphine, etc., all still there.  

• Like 1

Seems like Hicks is going for world domination: "Hicks: One step closer to world domination". :lol:

• Like 1

The "problem" is that only a handful of Exp servers are up. The devs are obviously stress testing.

I was just on w/ 48 players and while lag and desync was certainly present, it was not nearly as horrible as you might expect.

Good to hear! :)

Right on the money, by the way:

• Like 2

#.58_HYPE !!!

Really looking fwd to .58 stable - I think many folks are...

I'm anxious to see 0.58 hit stable, but only to the extent that it is s prerequisite before we can get our hands on 0.59 Exp.

• Like 3

Just jumped into 3PP server.  Even with 50 people, it seemed pretty good.  Kept good performance even with several people around in Svet.

So you can actually use a fire extinguisher on a fire .. but it doesn't properly work. I'm sure it's been brought up before but when you get the action for "extinguish flame" as you're holding the fire extinguisher, it says "There is not enough water in the Fire extinguisher to extinguish the water". I thought that was a little funny wording heh. It was a pristine extinguisher. I'm gonna guess this is something that'll be implemented later perhaps.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

I'd read they want to push this to stable tomorrow. Real shame to have a zombie game without zombies. Can anyone confirm if they are in the latest build? Thanks

Tires block bullets

Can't wait to gather some friends and tires and go full Roman 

QwQjNbD.jpg?1

• Like 5

I'd read they want to push this to stable tomorrow. Real shame to have a zombie game without zombies. Can anyone confirm if they are in the latest build? Thanks

AmM21X7.jpg

Within the red outline is approximately the area within which I played this morning after the update and I didn't see a single infected. 

• Like 2

Great so now we went from a 4 SE server to one, which for reason now has twice the ping as yesterday and constantly full...  I know they want to stress test but are the wanting to see how much stress we can take or the servers?  Hopefully this goes live this week, I doubt I am going to sit around spamming "join" to try and get in upon full servers.  .58 is much better than .57, so lets get this live.

Edited by Briljin

Making some food, my name should be The Chef Cook. 

I really hope we get to see a more advanced cooking system. For example, the better you cook something, or the higher your cooking skill, the more nutrition you get out of the meal.

Can't wait to hear about soft skills at the upcoming conference.

• Like 3

I'm anxious to see 0.58 hit stable, but only to the extent that it is s prerequisite before we can get our hands on 0.59 Exp.

I always get a little sad when an Exp thread gets closed for the few days/weeks/whatever between a new version going Stable and the inevitable release of the next Experimental. That's when I become a ship lost at sea and wander the forums in search of something to tide me over.

Lots of fun things planned for 0.58 Stable (events!), but I'll still be itching for the next big thing :)

• Like 3

I hopped on to a 1pp server today and dressed up like medic in all red heh. I was going to go around passing out food / drink / med supplies but I'm sure someone would've just eventually shot me. I started feeling feverish again so I logged. I'm suffering from a minor fever right now so I haven't done much playing today.

• Like 1

I hopped on to a 1pp server today and dressed up like medic in all red heh. I was going to go around passing out food / drink / med supplies but I'm sure someone would've just eventually shot me. I started feeling feverish again so I logged. I'm suffering from a minor fever right now so I haven't done much playing today.

I ran around like this for a long time, on stable, many builds back:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333830526

The trick to not dying is the same as always, see them first, and control the situation (I did wind up dropping the shotgun, and tried no gun for a while, but wound up carrying a 1911).

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Ha, nice. I didn't run around long enough to find the pants, but I had the red track suit pants on and like a reddish beanie. Running around in scrubs would be quite the adventure I'd imagine as well. It would be funny if you had the AED in your hands and it showed your guy holding the paddles.

Has anyone tested the AED btw? I think I remember hearing from the others that I run around with said they got killed by it a couple of times trying to use it.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

I really hope we get to see a more advanced cooking system. For example, the better you cook something, or the higher your cooking skill, the more nutrition you get out of the meal.

Can't wait to hear about soft skills at the upcoming conference.

I'm hoping there will be something like dishes. That you can loot a plate and make some real dinner like meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc.
  • Like 2

I'm hoping there will be something like dishes. That you can loot a plate and make some real dinner like meat, vegetables, potatoes, etc.

Mess tin! :)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Mess_Tin

• Like 2

Garage Sale!!! I have 4 pristine UMP 45's 2 Styre AUG's, 1 pristine, 1 worn, a very nicely equipped military tent, including 1 FNX 45, 3 1911's with multiple clips, 2 gas cans, 4 plastic storage boxes, 2 pristine, 1 worn and 1 damaged.  3 Truck batteries (various condition), 6 glow plugs, pristine chain saw (bitch finding that), Smersh vest and backpack with several attaching packs, a really nice green oil barrel, and all the ammo you could ever need, the list goes on and on.  Last but not least, a pristine green V3S equipped with rear benches, pristine battery and glow plug, full of fuel and good tires.  I'll throw in the matching oil drum, half a dozen canteens, and a land mine or two.  All reasonable offers considered!  Almost forgot the car tent...Very nice!

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1

I'd be happy with a fork.  And potatoes please.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2