kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Can anyone confirm for me which, if any, of these things is still unfixed in 0.58?

The list:

* Global Chat is functioning (should not be)
* Items in hands may be dropped when vaulting
* Bear Trap cannot be moved into inventory
* Breaking a leg for the second time after having fixed it may result in status message not displaying
* Incorrect character animations at the Main Menu
* Error message pop-up when quitting the game
* Some crafting functions for the Oil Barrel are not producing anything, but still consume resources
** Leather items that are dyed in a barrel will disappear or convert into another leather item
* Liquid containers are not updating percentage of contents properly
* Handguards and foregrips cannot be removed or modified
* Interacting with a Cooking Pot or Frying Pan yields limited options
* Trumpet can be disassembled while loaded, and loaded ammo is lost upon reassembly
* Items cannot be wrung out when wet
* Apple trees can be "spammed" with the pick apple command between animations
Edited by Tatanko

-snip-

Someone else mentioned having similar issues a few pages back while running the -newui launch parameter. Are you still using -newui?

High pop server was very smooth tonight for me. Didn't see multiples of same item. Even saw two infected in Sinistok :blush:.

Had no inventory issues, a Magnum seemed to disappear more than once after putting down, but it just was hidden on a different spawn point. Search if you lose something.

I had a M70 disappear off of my shoulder and it was replaced by a Blaze!  :(

I remember reading that if you want to wring a shirt for example, you have to take it off first. Or maybe take out the items. I'm not sure.

Where do you guys see people nowadays? I would like to help some freshies/ meet some friendlies but I can't seem to find anybody. Tried to wait on the rocks northeast of Svetlo with binocs, saw a few people but always when I ran down to meet them I couldn't find them anymore.

Edited by Hekeetsu
  • Like 1

Can anyone confirm for me which, if any, of these things is still unfixed in 0.58?

The list:

* Breaking a leg for the second time after having fixed it may result in status message not displaying
* Some crafting functions for the Oil Barrel are not producing anything, but still consume resources
** Leather items that are dyed in a barrel will disappear or convert into another leather item
* Trumpet can be disassembled while loaded, and loaded ammo is lost upon reassembly

I experienced the following issues last night:

Similar to liquid quantity, other item quantities do not update correctly. I had two small piles of .308 and I combined the two. One pile incremented, but the other did not decrement. I was able to increment both piles to 40 rounds each. Later, when transferring the rounds to my tent, they showed the correct quantities, once they were in the tent.
  • Like 1

I remember reading that if you want to wring a shirt for example, you have to take it off first. Or maybe take out the items. I'm not sure.

Now that you say that, I found this: http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-58-wringing-out-clothing-changes/

Thanks!

I experienced the following issues last night:

Similar to liquid quantity, other item quantities do not update correctly. I had two small piles of .308 and I combined the two. One pile incremented, but the other did not decrement. I was able to increment both piles to 40 rounds each. Later, when transferring the rounds to my tent, they showed the correct quantities, once they were in the tent.

Thanks, Bill! I was experiencing occasional issues with other item stacks not updating as well.

The list:

I can confirm those bugs still unfixed in the last 0.58 exp.

Edited by Polini
  • Like 1

Alcohol will not clean rags and hasn't for some time.   Hope they fix the stuff identified and whatever the memory error is when leaving the game and also return at least a few zeds to the game before this gets pushed to stable.

SteamDB activity for experimentalprep. Perhaps another iteration today with more fixes?

• Like 2

Alcohol will not clean rags and hasn't for some time.   Hope they fix the stuff identified and whatever the memory error is when leaving the game and also return at least a few zeds to the game before this gets pushed to stable.

Maybe is intentional, because you can fix the rags with the sewing kit now.

Ha, I'm glad I don't look like I do in real life in game or my rate of getting KOSed would go up tenfold.

Been told I have creepy, shifty, scary eyes and a dishonest face many times.

<---That's me, glad I found two women including my mother that could love that face.

Glad there is more to life than just looks, character says everything really. ;)

How high and mighty of you. You don't get it. That's cool, but don't call every single one of us retards just because we like to hunt people.

Hemingway quote time

Meet me up when there is a war in real life. Want to see how "easy" and how much you "like" killing armed people.

I know that in World War 2 a lot of soldiers couldn't kill the other one.

This is also the reason why they are inventing more range on weapons. Try killing someone with a sword or with a gun, which one you think is easier?

I know the answer because looking someone in the eyes when you're killing them is not fun.

The list:

1. Global chat isn't working anymore, at least didn't saw any activity since this bug.

2. or me it hasn't happened anymore and I vault quite a lot.

5. This is still a thing, my character was holding a AK mag as gun animation :lol:

6. Still happens here.

9. Not sure about liquid but it happens with ammo though

11. Yes, can't check contents on Cooking Pots and Frying Pan is just bugged, it only works on a Portable Gas Stove. Maybe it needs a buttery substance.

Another bug: hands are frequently bugged, resulting in a relog.

By the way for the ones wondering about the glow plug: I could take it out yesterday and GaryWalnuts and Dudester100 are my proof. It despawned somehow after a while on the ground though.

Another edit to Tatanko's list:

3. This is possible now.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

Would be curiuos if it'll take another as in eating them?

Im wearing all black except my green drybag and brown cowboy hat atm. ;)

Checked this morning. My trucks still have an invisible glowplug and will not take a second.  Someone on the feedback tracker noted in my report that they had the same issue, but after a while they could see them.  Odd.

Checked this morning. My trucks still have an invisible glowplug and will not take a second.  Someone on the feedback tracker noted in my report that they had the same issue, but after a while they could see them.  Odd.

I could see the one in our V3S yesterday as well while Dudester100 and GaryWalnuts couldn't. Now that's what I call odd. :lol:

Edit: WARNING: Server is stopping. You will be kicked.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

The list:

* Global Chat is functioning (should not be) - I have not seen anyone post in global.
* Items in hands may be dropped when vaulting - I have not dropped any items yet.
* Bear Trap cannot be moved into inventory - It can.
* Breaking a leg for the second time after having fixed it may result in status message not displaying - Haven't experienced this.
* Incorrect character animations at the Main Menu - It still happens.
* Error message pop-up when quitting the game - It happens every time I quit, "Memory could not be Read"
* Some crafting functions for the Oil Barrel are not producing anything, but still consume resources - ?
** Leather items that are dyed in a barrel will disappear or convert into another leather item - ?
* Liquid containers are not updating percentage of contents properly - Confirmed, pouring from one canteen into another does not update either.
* Handguards and foregrips cannot be removed or modified - Still there.
* Interacting with a Cooking Pot or Frying Pan yields limited options - ?
* Trumpet can be disassembled while loaded, and loaded ammo is lost upon reassembly - Does not happen.
* Items cannot be wrung out when wet - ?
* Apple trees can be "spammed" with the pick apple command between animations - I couldn't do this.

My experiences so far.

Bear traps still seem to hurt your legs if you deploy them, moaning from this also continues even when the status message is gone.

Loot system seems to be bugged, several times I have encountered 6 - 12 of the same items spawning in the same building.

At least one heli crash is persistant, regardless of restarts and/or servers. It is also random if they emit smoke, or not, while still spawning loot.

Lighting a torch/glowstick sometimes also makes the effect attach itself to the waist of the character, and continue displaying light and particle effects even when dropped.

Edited by Santa fox
  • Like 1

Dang.  Told fing where I set up camp was yesterday.  Popped in this morning.  Glad to report that rucks, tent, barrels and fireplace all still there.  And packed to the gills with loot.  I'm gonna have to go find more tents to keep up with his production.  :D

And I was 20m from a US helicrash.   :(

Servers are coming back up. 2 3PP and 1PP just appeared in my browser. European only.

"Pushing another experimental update, servers offline for this - Characters will be okay, server storage needs to be reset. Thanks guys!"

Brian Hicks @ Twitter, so looks like another wipe. Damn it my stuff was in the tents.

• Like 1

Hicks on twitter:

"Pushing another experimental update, servers offline for this - Characters will be okay, server storage needs to be reset."

ETA:  ninja'd

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Duplicate post that went haywire. This forum is not exactly mobile friendly on chrome lol

Edited by cash81

Ha, I'm glad I don't look like I do in real life in game or my rate of getting KOSed would go up tenfold.

Been told I have creepy, shifty, scary eyes and a dishonest face many times.

<---That's me, glad I found two women including my mother that could love that face.

That pic reminds me of rob schneider from big daddy.

Big-Daddy-Rob-Schneider.jpg

Couldn't help myself....

zyd3dx.jpg

Edited by cash81
  • Like 3

Works perfectly...as we say in the engineering world, "meets design intent"!

The list:

vz5SDFq.jpg

Anyone ever have a barrel in hand during a wipe?  Curious if it's still there when back online...

se9CPUp.jpg

• Like 5

Works perfectly...as we say in the engineering world, "meets design intent"!

Anyone ever have a barrel in hand during a wipe?  Curious if it's still there when back online...

yup, it will stay at your toon, i have always one barrel in my hands when i log out B)