kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I didn't call anyone a retard as far as I recall?

Is there any other way to interpret this phrase?

I don't get it and hope as the game gets harder the people who log in for an hour to get some killz move allong to the shitty kidcentric games theyre trying to make out of this one.

I'm pretty sure Hemingway wasn't talking about randomly trying to punch a guy in the face after being greeted politely as he's trying to share assistance or info on the local loot situation either.

Pfft. You were talking about KoS in general before you brought up your "punch a guy in the face" example.

Settled on a 3PP, no real reason really... just so happened to be a Dudester and Tatanko in there....

Saw you guys in there. I jumped in about the same time. Left a nice surprise/gift for some camp/town builder in front of the church in Svetlo where I woke up - also left something IN the church for those who may like to 'camp' at the altar.

I had similar experience in Svetlo for my spawn. Left town with a sporter with 30 rd mag and 10 round backup. Seemed to be lots of burlap around and rice and a fair amount of canned goods. Clothes were spotty and only found a single backpack till I finally found rope to go w my burlap for an improvised. Encountered one Zed and dispatched the ho with my stick.

Headed north and uneventful until I encountered someone entering the shed/barn I was about to enter in Novo on the west end of town. He had his rifle out and didn't see me. I said "hello traveler" from the doorway, but he was staring intently at something on the ground and after a second or two with no response, I booked it out of there.

If anyone thought they heard a ghost greet them on the west side of Novo, that was me. Didn't feel like getting shot in the face unarmed like I did in Kamenka a couple of days ago. You might have been friendly, and maybe I just scared the dump out of you, but didn't want to take a chance.

Edited by SheriffZed
  • Like 2

I'll probably be hopping back on, but for now there are some select images from my time with Dudester, IMT, and Igor. Big thank you to GaryWalnuts for the Winchester, too! :)

Sure seems like 0.58 is in a good state now to me. Still issues with the inventory/items in your hands, that sort of thing, but nothing game-breaking.

yuj6J0o.jpg

ep9jJfV.jpg

zw3GY2s.jpg

At6aoXp.jpg

V2Zf5MG.jpg

oOSkzoU.jpg

FcgKjDh.jpg

u7y2PwR.jpg

• Like 8

Is there any other way to interpret this phrase?

Pfft. You were talking about KoS in general before you brought up your "punch a guy in the face" example.

Yeah, there's lots of way to interpret that phrase. You just got your knickers in a bunch because you're a murdering asshole. I don't get it because I have no need to do harm to something that isn't harming me hence why I'm playing a game with no k/d counter or incentive to kill other players. I get that I have to deal with every playstyle but I don't have to like or agree with it.

I am against KOS in general and play the game by rules I've established for myself and kids when they play with me due to a lack of any. If I come across you or any shitheel like you and you kill me oh well you had fun, I'll run back to one of my my stashes and continue my fun.

"Son, it takes a bigger man to not shoot that guy and see if we can help him on his way" -Me  

• Like 2

I'll probably be hopping back on, but for now there are some select images from my time with Dudester, IMT, and Igor. Big thank you to GaryWalnuts for the Winchester, too! :)

Sure seems like 0.58 is in a good state now to me. Still issues with the inventory/items in your hands, that sort of thing, but nothing game-breaking.

yuj6J0o.jpg

ep9jJfV.jpg

zw3GY2s.jpg

At6aoXp.jpg

V2Zf5MG.jpg

oOSkzoU.jpg

FcgKjDh.jpg

u7y2PwR.jpg

Have you guys noticed that you stand upright when using eat/drink all again? 

I'm pretty sure that wasn't happening yesterday.

• Like 1

Good to see that everyone's able to make larger camps now. Can't wait to join in and add my hoarding skills to the mess.

• Like 2

Have you guys noticed that you stand upright when using eat/drink all again? 

I'm pretty sure that wasn't happening yesterday.

Didn't take notice, since I was already standing any time I ate this evening. Sorry :p

Good to see that everyone's able to make larger camps now. Can't wait to join in and add my hoarding skills to the mess.

Oh yes. Just like 0.55, it's a hoarder's dream.

Yeah, there's lots of way to interpret that phrase. You just got your knickers in a bunch because you're a murdering asshole. I don't get it because I have no need to do harm to something that isn't harming me hence why I'm playing a game with no k/d counter or incentive to kill other players. I get that I have to deal with every playstyle but I don't have to like or agree with it.

I am against KOS in general and play the game by rules I've established for myself and kids when they play with me due to a lack of any. If I come across you or any shitheel like you and you kill me oh well you had fun, I'll run back to one of my my stashes and continue my fun.

"Son, it takes a bigger man to not shoot that guy and see if we can help him on his way" -Me  

For every "innocent" player I've killed, I've killed 20 assholes that had it coming. You know what they say... Want to make an omelet, gotta break some legs. 

It is legs, right? I'm not sure why everyone loves omelets so much. Kneecaps aren't exactly tender or flavorful. 

• Like 4

Can anybody tell whats new since the extra 400 mb? :)

There's a new empty patch where my camp was.  

• Like 2

For every "innocent" player I've killed, I've killed 20 assholes that had it coming. You know what they say... Want to make an omelet, gotta break some legs. 

It is legs, right? I'm not sure why everyone loves omelets so much. Kneecaps aren't exactly tender or flavorful. 

I've killed maybe a handfull in almost 900 hours and only have the slightest doubt about 1, caught him at the edge of my left screen and he ran around the building and took cover. I doubled back on him didn't hear a word, and caught him looking for me to follow exactly and it looked like he was raising his gun as I said "hey".

I accept that we can play the way we want to play whether I like the way they play or not, I also accept that the internet is full of trolls and well that's fun too. 

• Like 3

As much as I've said I'm gonna kill everyone I see after dying so many times while trying to interact with someone, I still give a greeting when someone runs up on me but again, it's followed by a barrage of bullets with no response back .. granted I was at the myshkino tent city. But he'd rather ruin all my gear so he can't use it I guess.

Can anybody tell whats new since the extra 400 mb? :)

Today's build focused entirely on bug fixes.

I realy like that he reads here and give some answers to the people who try experimental. :thumbsup:

Better still, he's a straight shooter and he doesn't dance around a subject with a bunch of limp, politically corrected-up mumbo jumbo. If he thinks a comment is BS, he calls BS on it.

• Like 4

So, zeds have been confirmed, but no one has mentioned desync, or performance in general. Or, is it that there are so few zeds, that they are of no consequence?

Updating now, but it will be a while before I can hop on ... %$#*& DSL!

I've killed maybe a handfull in almost 900 hours and only have the slightest doubt about 1, caught him at the edge of my left screen and he ran around the building and took cover. I doubled back on him didn't hear a word, and caught him looking for me to follow exactly and it looked like he was raising his gun as I said "hey".

I accept that we can play the way we want to play whether I like the way they play or not, I also accept that the internet is full of trolls and well that's fun too. 

I was a hero in the mod.. I'm not exactly hunting around for people to kill (usually).. Sometimes I'll avoid trouble, other times I'll look for it.. Sometimes I'll help the person I just shot unconscious, and sometimes I'll open up with a conversation, while other times I'll hold someone up.. I usually go with my gut, and unfortunately my gut usually tells me to just not risk it.

• Like 2

I was a hero in the mod.. I'm not exactly hunting around for people to kill (usually).. Sometimes I'll avoid trouble, other times I'll look for it.. Sometimes I'll help the person I just shot unconscious, and sometimes I'll open up with a conversation, while other times I'll hold someone up.. I usually go with my gut, and unfortunately my gut usually tells me to just not risk it.

I appreciate when people try a variety of play styles.

DayZ has so much more to offer than just a fire fight and so many other games do it better.

I'm glad Basher is encouraging his kids to use their imaginations, minds, and mouths more, and not just KoS.

For me, the game will eventually be a struggle for longevity (as it was for me in the mod), and that doesn't include inviting incoming fire.

I'm fascinated with the prospect of how the upcoming stamina, infected improvements, advanced medical, and loot scarcity, affect the player base and how they choose to interact.

• Like 5

I appreciate when people try a variety of play styles.

DayZ has so much more to offer than just a fire fight and so many other games do it better.

I'm glad Basher is encouraging his kids to use their imaginations, minds, and mouths more, and not just KoS.

For me, the game will eventually be a struggle for longevity (as it was for me in the mod), and that doesn't include inviting incoming fire.

I'm fascinated with the prospect of how the upcoming stamina, infected improvements, advanced medical, and loot scarcity, affect the player base and how they choose to interact.

My favorite experience in the mod was during 1.7.7.1, when Infection rates were around 75% and Antibiotics were extremely rare.. usually only 1-2 spawning on a server at any given time. I remember travelling all around the map looking for anti-biotics just to keep from dying, and every day SideChat was filled with people begging for help. This is when heroes really shined.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 5

High pop server was very smooth tonight for me. Didn't see multiples of same item. Even saw two infected in Sinistok :blush:.

Had no inventory issues, a Magnum seemed to disappear more than once after putting down, but it just was hidden on a different spawn point. Search if you lose something.

• Like 1

There's a new empty patch where my camp was.  

same here, but looks nice, fresh and green :)

Edited by Devilskills

I killed 3 zombies last night. All around Ratnoe. I didnt see any zombies for week or so before this. I had some can pick up/cant pick up same item issues. .58 should go to stable ASAP so devs can start working on new cars.

• Like 2

I would love to trade with people, sometimes at least, but everyone is so trigger happy that i better stay in my bush with my baked beans and sing the campfire songs myself.

However still sucks to build a camp and cant use the full tent, still cant fill more than half :(

But other than that i had a awesome perfomance, when server went down a few times i was fighting with 4 Z`s and when it finally was running stable, there was none left in the Western Milicamp :(

saw 2 later again, but one seemed to be lost :P but they were less out there for sure :( and i was so happy having them arround again.

Pretty good patch yesterday, but the zombies... They didnt even notice me as i was standing in front of em.

The performance is great so far, and i got pretty good equiped aswell, food spawn is fine although i dont really eat canned food. Cannibalism ftw

How about hunting stands? I just recently climbed one of those and it worked just fine. I'm near a garage. I will try climbing one of those ladders and let you know.

EDIT: I just climbed up the garage ladder without an issue.

thanks, then i reinstall dayz something must be broken with my game,

Tried to tan  a rabbit pelt with a whole bag of lime in a barrel. After 25 min(no restart) the barrel was empty. Was it pelt to lime ratio, is the process that time critical or is it a bug?

Pretty remote location and no signs of player activity in the area. Rabbitsnares could degrade a bit slower.

Btw 1 kill in 600 hours, he wounded me and kept chasing me with a crossbow, emptied half a sportermag into him and don't feel sorry for it.

Edited by Bruderlos
  • Like 5