kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Awesome! Glad to hear it's working, along with clothes dyeing. Anyone tried modifying the barrel in this build for use as a fireplace?

Placing or lighting a fireplace in a barrel is not possible, just tested it. You can however drop it in the barrel but it will say "I cannot ignite the fireplace, its not safe.". If you try to place it you get the message "I cannot place the fireplace here.".
  • Like 3

Placing or lighting a fireplace in a barrel is not possible, just tested it. You can however drop it in the barrel but it will say "I cannot ignite the fireplace, its not safe.". If you try to place it you get the message "I cannot place the fireplace here.".

I'm assuming you also made an attempt to modify the barrel? Based on images in the past, it may need to have holes cut in it and that sort of thing before it would be usable that way.

I'm assuming you also made an attempt to modify the barrel? Based on images in the past, it may need to have holes cut in it and that sort of thing before it would be usable that way.

There is no option to cut holes, at least not with a Machete.
  • Like 1

There is no option to cut holes, at least not with a Machete.

i tried it with an AKM, no success :blush:

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

On the persistence front, SC02:  

While my earlier tents, barrels and packs despawned, I have now had a barrel in place for 2 days (with its cargo intact).  Further, have had several packs on the ground for two days.  

My trucks, and their gear has generally remained in place for 5 days now.  Oddly, though, it seems that some of the stuff in the trucks has become invisible - you can't take it out, the space looks empty, but you can't add anything to it.  Happened with both an UMP and a jerry can.  Adding and removing stuff to the truck doesn't fix it.  Don't have a battery or glow plug to start the truck and see if moving it fixes the issue.  

I know someone came to my camp at some point in the last 12 hours; at first I thought they took the UMP (and maybe they did, but there's an unusable 4x3 space in the truck where the UMP was) - they definitely took some RAK mags and switched their green talon for my blue mountain pack.  I wish they had signed the guest book.  I leave pen and paper in the UMP truck asking folks to tell me when they were there so I can try and figure out how the persistence works/doesn't.

Odd, went back, and I can now see the missing stuff - maybe it was time - maybe just a relog.  

Odd, went back, and I can now see the missing stuff - maybe it was time - maybe just a relog.  

relog was helping on first .57 version, could be the same now.

• Like 1

How many spaces was the fertilizer bag?

It was an actual commercial plastic fertilizer bag (2wX3h) that spawns in the barrel in badly damaged condition along with the unused materials with varying percentages how full it is depending on how much stuff you put in. I'm not sure the formula but I made an 83% full bag with 4 100% stacks of guts and 6 or more 100% stacks of plant material. I would think 6 and 6 should get you a full bag.  

I passed a hacksaw and not that it's what I'd use IRL for the task I tough after I was a ways away that might be the tool for the job?

• Like 3

Hmm I tried the stone knife just to see and couldn't get the 'dig worms' options.

I was probably fussing about the wrong the type of terrain  :blush:

I found those yellow hay looking shrubs and terrain work well for worm digging.

• Like 1

That's just the point I'm trying to make. Don't tell me that I need to make a video for you on how to survive.

While you actually try to survive and keep dying because of the lack of food and the environment, I'm happily looting everything. :lol:

But yeah, I guess that most players don't have the patience and don't want to fish, make a fire if they're cold, etc.

And those are the same people who as a freshie, try and punch you to death as a freshie because they can only see the value of the few steaks you'd provide not knowing in a matter of a few hours that freshie will have a car tent full of food that he'd be happy to share if they weren't such a-holes.

They're also the ones who'll pay their $30 to develop this game based on the videos of broken mechanics o youtube, get bored when the game gets finished and go back to the next instant gratification shoot that EA or whoever craps out.

• Like 6

Same with the drybag. For me the drawback is too large to use either on 1PP.

I'm always hunting for the boar - to get the 25 slot improvised backpack is perfect for me esp. on 1st person servers -

actually both, because I've a habit to run first person even on 3rd person servers. 

Thanks for the dayz devs and Hicks to give us 2 zombie servers - love it. :)

• Like 4

What do you guys use the fertilizer for? I know it's used on the crops and tanning hides, but plant material acts as a natural fertilizer and you have an endless supply of it, sort of negating the point of needing to make the commercial fertilizer. At least that's how I look at it. But if you happen to have a ton of pelts, then the actual fertilizer is needed. I was told the commercial fertilizer works a little better than the plant material, shortening the grow time in comparison.

Thanks for the dayz devs and Hicks to give us 2 zombie servers - love it. :)

Agreed on that even if I'm unable to play at the moment. Such a move on their part is Experimental at its finest, and I'm sure we're not the only ones appreciative of it.

• Like 2

What do you guys use the fertilizer for? I know it's used on the crops and tanning hides, but plant material acts as a natural fertilizer and you have an endless supply of it, sort of negating the point of needing to make the commercial fertilizer. At least that's how I look at it. But if you happen to have a ton of pelts, then the actual fertilizer is needed. I was told the commercial fertilizer works a little better than the plant material, shortening the grow time in comparison.

My guess is using only the plant material will be phased out as it was just a filler until the barrel got working.

next time I need to grow food I'll bust out the stopwatch but did notice doing some bulk gardening for science the fertilized crops grew significantly faster.

Wait - you guys got your barrels back after a few relogs? Went to check mine and everything i had was gone after the patch - and still after 2-3 relogs over 12 hours. Kinda gave it up, but maybe i should go back and check?

Our camp was still there after the patch yesterday but the characters were wiped .. trucks, barrels, tents and their inventories were still intact.

i just find out an hunting scope in a deer stand just norh of elektro. here on Exp ... The thing is I was starving. So just before go unconscious i was able to hidden the scope in the wood and retrive it few minutes later. LOL

So far i've dyed a hat, a jacket and a vest. everything with nails with the option to dye black.

the vest turned brown and i went from 20 to 14 nails.

the jacket kind of turned black but you can still see some tan and i went from 14 to 18 nails

the hat went full black and i went from 18 to 30 nails

• Like 4

So far i've dyed a hat, a jacket and a vest. everything with nails with the option to dye black.

the vest turned brown and i went from 20 to 14 nails.

the jacket kind of turned black but you can still see some tan and i went from 14 to 18 nails

the hat went full black and i went from 18 to 30 nails

I dyed the hat, moccasins, and pants, went from 50 nails to 80 heh. They all went to badly damaged condition ( the nails ). It looks good though. The hat actually looks solid black in the inventory picture but it's more brown than anything. There are some different tones it seems .. I dyed them all at the same time.

• Like 1

So just for clarification, that Battleye error has been corrected?

I didn't have a chance to get on until late last night, but I never experienced the error.

The error lasted probably about 2-3 hrs I believe. It started around the 7pm central time server restart and then was corrected some hours later.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Playing on low pop servers sure hasn't done me any favors running into someone who wants to "go that way" I just froze even though my shotgun had the advantage. Ended up trading three shots for three and went unconscious but just standing still and waiting after each one to see if it killed him sure didn't work. Ended up spawning close enough to sprint right for my camp and ran into him again on the way and did a little better, all I could do was rabbit run and change course away from my  destination and hide in cover until I was freezing, staving and dying of dehydration. Rather than log like a bitch I stayed laying under some trees waiting until I felt safe and still crawled in cover in a round about way until I was sure I'd broke any possible line of sight. Made it back to my tent which isn't in between any deer huts/stand which I think he was checking and got a full belly before the reset. 

My display setup is perfect for circle strafing with a shotgun and I just stood there like a dummy, facepalm.

• Like 1