kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

i looted an whole small town and droped all items outside the houses on the ground, all without weapons and backpacks was gone after 15 minutes.

i stayed in that town for 30 minutes and nothing respawned.

I heard during a Mr Blackout stream that Hicks mentioned that nothing respawns if a player is in the area (within a certain radius - not sure what that distance is though)

• Like 1

Changes to the productionprep branch on SteamDB... interesting. 

• Like 2

I just went to see my camp, it's remote and a few hundred yards from the nearest loot spawn point.

and it's all still there: tents, backpacks, barrel .. pretty much they way I left it but I did notice some evidence of activity.

It seems a player took a few items but left me some loot as a trade too.  

Two protector cases, which is ironically and exactly what I've been looking for to test a few things.

A few guys here know the location of my camp so I thought it could be them, but maybe it's a new friendly in the area...

Only in experimental can you wake up to find that someone has been in your camp,

and they've left you with better loot than you had when you went to sleep  :P

• Like 3

my 4 Barrels (one empty, rest with items) and 5 Backpacks (2 drybacks, 2 mountain and 1 improvised backpack) and my stoneoven are on their places since friday.

nothing without melee weapons despawned in my camp.

i looted an whole small town and droped all items outside the houses on the ground, all without weapons and backpacks was gone after 15 minutes.

i stayed in that town for 30 minutes and nothing respawned.

Then i logged out and waited 30 minutes (watched the serverlist to see if an other guy is joining, but no)

When i logged back in, it was food respawned, some ammo and pistols, but much less then before i cleaned the town.

i did not clean it again and all items that spawned yesterday are still there (same condition after 24 hours) but nothing new, some house are totaly empty.

i don´t get how CLE works....

Funny.  I've been doing the exact same thing.

I'm using Tisy as my lab because it's small enough that you can clean it out in about two runs with a mountain backpack.  

I drop everything in debug plains which is a short run and it's easy to see the trash pile, what stays and what doesn't.

I also noticed the cle doesn't seem to respawn stuff when I'm in the area.

I'll log out and log back in about an hour later and loot seems to have repopulated.

nothing without melee weapons despawned in my camp.

Good find!  

I'll be keeping all of the brass knuckles that I find now!  

Persistence insurance at the incredibly low cost of 1 slot!

[edit]:  or do I have that backwards?

Edited by GaryWalnuts

hmm. I think you may be getting robbed, I lost a hunters ruck and a turtle pack but I think that was just a crappy hiding job on my part. My barrels, rifles and WP bag are all still in place.

It's always possible, but seems unlikely that someone would go to the trouble of hauling away improvised packs full of, in some cases not full of, random loot that I was using to test persistence.  And why wouldn't they use the 4 trucks nearby to take that loot?  They were all there (about 6 packs); a few hours later, the trucks and their loot were still there (including UMP and FNX, both with mags), but packs full of clothes and boots are gone.

• Like 2

Yes, it would take a mechanized platoon to haul everything away from some of these camp sites.

Definitely.  Again, I think mine had to have despawned.  If for no other reason than the trucks full of loot nearby were untouched.

• Like 1

More SteamDB activity, this time for experimentalprep. Announcement incoming methinks :)

• Like 8

Has someone already reported this to the feedback tracker or to the developers on Twitter?

If someone does, don't forget to include that multiple people's stashes has despawned else they will just say "it has been stolen".

It's on there in a couple of ways.

Definitely.  Again, I think mine had to have despawned.  If for no other reason than the trucks full of loot nearby were untouched.

It makes me wonder if the trucks themselves are working as a spawn point and causing nearby camp despawn.

The trucks don't spawn random loot but they do respawn with new fuel, tires, etc...

I don't keep any trucks near my camp and I haven't seen any camp despawn issues in .58 at all.

It probably coincidental, but just throwing the thought out there...

• Like 2

It makes me wonder if the trucks themselves are working as a spawn point and causing nearby camp despawn.

The trucks don't spawn random loot but they do respawn with new fuel, tires, etc...

I don't keep any trucks near my camp and I haven't seen any camp despawn issues in .58 at all.

It probably coincidental, but just throwing the thought out there...

Interesting point.  I'll set up a different camp without trucks and see.  I wonder how far away I have to be?  Guess I'll just do it a few Km across the map - pain to check, but oh well.   :D

ETA:  Although, my second camp, trucks included, was there for about 2 days before everything but the trucks and their cargo disappeared.

Edited by Thurman Merman

I wonder how far away I have to be?  Guess I'll just do it a few Km across the map - pain to check, but oh well.   :D

I just measured my camp from the nearest spawn point (using izurvive map)  

It's 270 meters - so I'd say anything beyond should be 'safe' for your experiment.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

More SteamDB activity, this time for experimentalprep. Announcement incoming methinks :)

Why do you care...you don't have any internet remember? Thanks for letting us know...we will post about all the fun we are having.

Why do you care...you don't have any internet remember? Thanks for letting us know...we will post about all the fun we are having.

Doing my duty to the community, sir ;)

• Like 7

Im loving .58 a lot. With loot spread out all over and 12 hour restarts it truly feels like an apocalypse. The need to scavange every single house in hopes to find that one item someone missed gives the game a real feeling of desparation to survive. No longer are players fully geared up in minutes making their character look exactly how they want. Now players are lucky if they can find a can of tuna. This is the dayz I wanted.

• Like 4

And dog gummit Tatanko we thank you a lot for this Twitter stalking .... I get all my info from tatanks ;) !

I usually have 3 PCs running.  One is almost always on my twitter.  And I still get half my info from him.  

• Like 2

And dog gummit Tatanko we thank you a lot for this Twitter stalking .... I get all my info from tatanks ;) !

I usually have 3 PCs running.  One is almost always on my twitter.  And I still get half my info from him.  

Oh, you guys...  :lol:

• Like 2

Has anybody found an M65 recently? I've seen just about every single piece of non-military-exclusive loot so far (save a Blaze snaploader. I also really, really want a snaploader for my blaze. Or maybe five)... Wondering if maybe the M65 is now in military loot, or something.

Edited by Beizs

Has anybody found an M65 recently? I've seen just about every single piece of non-military-exclusive loot so far (save a Blaze snaploader. I also really, really want a snaploader for my blaze. Or maybe five)... Wondering if maybe the M65 is now in military loot, or something.

I've found a couple. I found a tan one yesterday inside a civilian house I believe. Previous ones I've seen where in the red brick archway building up near Novaya Petrovka. I can't remember exactly where I found the one yesterday.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

I've found them in the 2 story residential house with 5 rooms on the bottom floor (side room with all the windows, front entry hall, main room with staircase and stove and table, bedroom, and back room) - don't knwo what you'd call them = and the wiki doesn't have a picture.  Also pretty sure I have found them in grandma's house (one story, one room blue, yellow and wood houses that used to always spawn guns) this build.

ETA:  Found a pic of the first one (and of course, Tatanko took it):

20150503234302%21Khelm_4c.jpg

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Are the EXP servers down?

I see "the test 1" with 3 players showing version 58.12885 something something, my screen ratio doesn't show the full version number in the server browser. 

Are the EXP servers down?

I see "the test 1" with 3 players showing version 58.12885 something something, my screen ratio doesn't show the full version number in the server browser.

Update incoming.

Brace yourselfs boys!

Update incoming.

Brace yourselfs boys!

I swear this game hates me, just got my shit together after birthday madness and was looking forward to pissing away the morning gearing up again. 

• Like 4

Update incoming.

Brace yourselfs boys!

Cue the Heinz 'Anticipation' commercial from back in the day....

• Like 1