kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I was watching the runningmanz yesterday or the day before on exp and it stopped for him after a while. I think he tried using a splint and/or morphine but it continued after that but then it just stopped.

Yeah, once I started healing the moaning stuck with me for a little while longer but was gone completely before I got healthy

• Like 2

So I haven't died in .58, who has died and how (and where)?

I'm thinking about going up the coast will there be action? Or should I head to the nwaf?

I'd head to tent city west of myshkino. We had a shoot out there last night. I've died as a fresh spawn and in a gun fight. Don't think I've died by actual gunfights more than twice. One was in Gorka and one other was at NEAF in a two story building a guy was camping in.

• Like 2

And again someone visited my tent (perhaps the same guy who took my military tent). Now he put items in my tent and took the barrel and courier bag. That's when I decided to pack the tent and move from server. Placed it somewhere else now at a total different spot.

He probably thought I left it there and won't use it. Little did he know that he completely ruined my persistence experiment.

Edited by IMT

You can now tear dresses, canvas pants, and track pants into rags.  Not wool or down coats though.

You can cut them.  We are not the Hulk and only he can rip clothing with his bare hands!

• Like 3

Yep my tent has definitely disappeared.

Thing is I haven't been able to take down a tent even when it's empty - I'd only get the option to open or close so that rules out someone stealing it. Has anyone else been able to unpitch a tent?

Also the trip wire and bear trap I had around it are also gone.

Yeah, I have lost two this update.   Now I basically urinate upon tents when I see them.

Reaaaalllly hoping for a new experimental patch with some new content ... I'm getting all fuzzy inside for the new cars , I really can't wait to see some variety besides the v3s , and of course I can't wait for other content such as new zombies with their balling outfits ... Let's cross our fongers for tomorrow or the next day for an update as those are my dayz off :) !

The persistence issue with tents is a bit disappointing as I enjoy camp building.  On the other hand, here are a few good points to ponder...

IXFp4UP.jpg

• Like 4

So I haven't died in .58, who has died and how (and where)?

I'm thinking about going up the coast will there be action? Or should I head to the nwaf?

The first night I died in Berezino. The server restarted and I log in in the middle of the street. As my eyes open/screen lightens from black, there's a kid with an axe hitting my face. I listened to them talk and they sounded like a bunch of d-bags adolescents. The second time was at NEAF. I was being shot at from across the tarmac, first shot missed and the 2nd was a good shot. I went back for revenge and found a guy laying in the middle of the tarmac with broken legs, a guy going after him with an axe. As I try to help the disabled guy, he shoots me. The last time was 1P server on the mountain between Cherno and Elektro. I was trying to go up to see if the cave was still there and got stuck on a rock, vaulted to my death.

I  may go back to 3P servers. I'm tired of not running into anyone on the low pop 1P servers.

• Like 1

Not only tents and barrels, but backpacks on the ground no longer persistent either.  2 restarts in a row they have been wiped.

The first night I died in Berezino. The server restarted and I log in in the middle of the street. As my eyes open/screen lightens from black, there's a kid with an axe hitting my face. I listened to them talk and they sounded like a bunch of d-bags adolescents. The second time was at NEAF. I was being shot at from across the tarmac, first shot missed and the 2nd was a good shot. I went back for revenge and found a guy laying in the middle of the tarmac with broken legs, a guy going after him with an axe. As I try to help the disabled guy, he shoots me. The last time was 1P server on the mountain between Cherno and Elektro. I was trying to go up to see if the cave was still there and got stuck on a rock, vaulted to my death.

I  may go back to 3P servers. I'm tired of not running into anyone on the low pop 1P servers.

What region do you live in?

Not only tents and barrels, but backpacks on the ground no longer persistent either.  2 restarts in a row they have been wiped.

hmm. I think you may be getting robbed, I lost a hunters ruck and a turtle pack but I think that was just a crappy hiding job on my part. My barrels, rifles and WP bag are all still in place.

So this morning I found a UMP at a heli crash site, but having found no ammo or mags, I decided to leave it for someone excited about finding one. Tonight I was at nw airfield and one of the new barracks that are open that has all the stuff under the floor, had 4 ump 25 rd mags. I grabbed some of the ammo since I still have the 1911 with the silencer. The hangers seem to actually have loot now, ammo box, two 10 rd sks clips, some ak gear and even a ak rail next to a ak74. The tents at NW Airfield are still loaded with all sorts of stuff. Not much on the towers or people have stripped them clean. I tossed a lit flare into the dome barracks and headed to the water pump to the south, topped off and headed back into the woods to look for tics. No tents of any type, no trucks either. I have seen a few barrels and a few truck batteries, a couple tire repair kits.

Oh ya, my free windows 10 is a couple days away. I wonder if Dayz will work with that upgrade?

Edited by Excanto

Oh ya, my free windows 10 is a couple days away. I wonder if Dayz will work with that upgrade?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225737-dayz-on-windows-10/?hl=%2Bwindows+%2B10

should be good with win10, there was an other fred i can´t find now where someone said dayz runs better under win10, but could be normal after an new and fresh os is running

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

So this morning I found a UMP at a heli crash site, but having found no ammo or mags, I decided to leave it for someone excited about finding one. Tonight I was at nw airfield and one of the new barracks that are open that has all the stuff under the floor, had 4 ump 25 rd mags. I grabbed some of the ammo since I still have the 1911 with the silencer. The hangers seem to actually have loot now, ammo box, two 10 rd sks clips, some ak gear and even a ak rail next to a ak74. The tents at NW Airfield are still loaded with all sorts of stuff. Not much on the towers or people have stripped them clean. I tossed a lit flare into the dome barracks and headed to the water pump to the south, topped off and headed back into the woods to look for tics. No tents of any type, no trucks either. I have seen a few barrels and a few truck batteries, a couple tire repair kits.

No problem here with Win10. I'm using it since 3 weeks and the performance are ok.

Update your video driver as soon as you can after the upgrade and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

It looks like persistence is either random and inconsistent, or I just haven't recognized the pattern yet. I stashed a barrel and a backpack (each containing loot) on Thursday evening and everything was still there today. Dudester stashed some water bottles in a tent on Sunday morning and by Sunday evening, they were gone.

Neither of these stashes were near a spawn point.

It looks like persistence is either random and inconsistent, or I just haven't recognized the pattern yet. I stashed a barrel and a backpack (each containing loot) on Thursday evening and everything was still there today. Dudester stashed some water bottles in a tent on Sunday morning and by Sunday evening, they were gone.

And guess no one found them as well? It's almost impossible that people find all these tents and take everything including the tents.

my 4 Barrels (one empty, rest with items) and 5 Backpacks (2 drybacks, 2 mountain and 1 improvised backpack) and my stoneoven are on their places since friday.

nothing without melee weapons despawned in my camp.

i looted an whole small town and droped all items outside the houses on the ground, all without weapons and backpacks was gone after 15 minutes.

i stayed in that town for 30 minutes and nothing respawned.

Then i logged out and waited 30 minutes (watched the serverlist to see if an other guy is joining, but no)

When i logged back in, it was food respawned, some ammo and pistols, but much less then before i cleaned the town.

i did not clean it again and all items that spawned yesterday are still there (same condition after 24 hours) but nothing new, some house are totaly empty.

i don´t get how CLE works....

• Like 1

Yeah, I messed around upon the 1pp SE servers Sunday and it got boring rather quickly.  Like 6 people online, I eventually went back to 3pp.

my 4 Barrels (one empty, rest with items) and 5 Backpacks (2 drybacks, 2 mountain and 1 improvised backpack) and my stoneoven are on their places since friday.

i looted an whole small town and droped all items outside the houses on the ground, all without weapons and backpacks was gone after 15 minutes.

Then i logged out and waited 30 minutes (watched the serverlist to see if an other guy is joining, but no)

When i logged back in, it was food respawned, some ammo and pistols, but much less then before i cleaned the town.

i did not clean it again and all items that spawned yesterday are still there (same condition after 24 hours) but nothing new, some house are totaly empty.

Well, I am trying to keep in mind that it has only been a week since the spawn and cleanup mechanisms have been working, now that the loot 'splosions seem to be under control. I expect that the devs will next begin to tune the system and augment it with regional control. Hopefully the remaining quirks can either be tuned out, or they will be able to ELI5 the logic of why things are the way that they are ... especially as regarding what seems to be overly aggressive and unexpected de-spawns, as well as large swaths of the map with virtually no loot. Right now, the logic escapes me, so I can only conclude that this is still very much a work in progress.

• Like 4

And guess no one found them as well? It's almost impossible that people find all these tents and take everything including the tents.

Yes, it would take a mechanized platoon to haul everything away from some of these camp sites.

The Test 5 server is up....possibly a new update in the works?

I suspect that we'll see at least one more Exp build, before 0.58 is pushed to stable.

• Like 1

Yes, it would take a mechanized platoon to haul everything away from some of these camp sites.

Has someone already reported this to the feedback tracker or to the developers on Twitter?

If someone does, don't forget to include that multiple people's stashes has despawned else they will just say "it has been stolen".

I'm not fully understanding it yet either, but this was some good scientific work on your part. Thanks for that.

hmm. I think you may be getting robbed, I lost a hunters ruck and a turtle pack but I think that was just a crappy hiding job on my part. My barrels, rifles and WP bag are all still in place.

Oh, Barnabus... you and your alternative item names  :lol:

Edited by Tatanko