kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Oh cheers. So there is a chance it was stolen. I'm fine with that if so. In fact, hopefully it was as I'd prefer that than persistence being bugged.

I think it's a persistence bug.. Same way 5 of my barrels just disappeared.

Alright, people's tent has disappeared. Gonna check mine out after I looted the town I logged out in.

Ok persistence seems to be reset each night as I lost a barrel which was empty so no worries.  I wish the devs would say this was going to happen so I don't wast my time making a camp.  And Vybor is pretty much a loot free town on US central 02. This leads me to believe there is to little loot to go round.  Yes people will take all the good items, but there is no junk either. I find that in other places to.  I find the lack of any thing in a large town certainly a bit immersion breaking that is all.

Indeed.  Logged on this morning after the PM I sent you.  Entire camp gone:  tents, barrels, backpacks hidden under trees, campfire, all completely vanished into the ether.   But, all three trucks still there.  Hmm.

I've come to describe these as "dead zones" where nothing re-spawns. In the couple cases of this yesterday, I came across a heard of deer frozen in place and also a heard of cows frozen in place.  The surrounding area was not spawning gear, thus the term.

• Like 2

Indeed.  Logged on this morning after the PM I sent you.  Entire camp gone:  tents, barrels, backpacks hidden under trees, campfire, all completely vanished into the ether.   But, all three trucks still there.  Hmm.

When i saw those post, i was worried. But after check it, my tent and truck are still here. Im in a 1pp server. And i placed the tent 2 days ago.

When i saw those post, i was worried. But after check it, my tent and truck are still here. Im in a 1pp server. And i placed the tent 2 days ago.

Mine lasted 2 days - well about 36 hours I guess.

Mine lasted 2 days - well about 36 hours I guess.

I put mine down later in the day (US Central time) on Thursday.  Bu added to it just last night (added another tent and a few more backpacks).  All gone this AM.  Really doubt it was stolen as there were dozens of backpacks scattered under trees in the area.  This morning not a stitch of loot anywhere.  But, as I said, trucks were there with whatever loot they had.  Also, was able to reflip one of the "wrecked" trucks in sc02 that I mentioned - by ramming it with another truck.  Both are fine and operable.

Ok, what the actual *peep*. Someone found my tents.

It's right in the middle of *peep* nowhere but still somebody found them.

I actually have proof they found it. I had a barrel, improvised courier bag, tent and a military tent. The barrel and bag had a rag in them in the same slot. The tents both had Plant Material in them, also in the same spot. Now that I returned to my persistence testside after approximately 14 hours my military tent is gone and the Plant Material which was in it is in my normal tent.

Edited by IMT

The really odd thing about my camp disappearing is that the tents, barrels, guns and backpacks laying around were all put down at different times . Certainly more than 10 hours apart - more like 30.  But, they all seem to have despawned together - taking everything in the area except the trucks and what was in them.  That's an odd clean-up bug.  

Wonder if my camp had so many items that the server cleaned it up for performance reasons?  Had probably around 400-450 items in an area roughly the size of a cowshed.

I looked for 1 of my barrel and its still there i will look later if the other 4 are gone or not. Had a few of them placed maybe 2-3 days ago.

I made one last test, yesterday I went to an isolated loot spawn, a shed in the mountain, I placed like 10 campfires, the first campfire was right at the loot spawn (shed), the next one 5 meters away, the next one 10 meters away and so on...

I went and checked it today, every campfire closer than 30/50 meters to the loot spawn disappeared. The campfires further than 30/50 meters from the loot spawn were still there.

To the guys reporting disappearing persistence items, did you put the items close to a loot spawn?

Edited by Wili
  • Like 2

I made one last test, yesterday I went to an isolated loot spawn, a shed in the mountain, I placed like 10 campfires, the first campfire was right at the loot spawn (shed), the next one 5 meters away, the next one 10 meters away and so on...

I went and checked it today, every campfire closer than 30/50 meters to the loot spawn disappeared. The campfires further than 30/50 meters from the loot spawn were still there.

To the guys reporting disappearing persistence items, did you put the items close to a loot spawn?

My tent was about 300 meters from a spawn point.

Sorry Barnabus, I generally stay away from political debate because really "we" have no say in what our 2 and 3 party systems do with "our" money. The "share" comment was because I've always been told we got fucked on the Columbia river treaty, read a nice dry wiki article on it and am more confused than ever. I'll just resist and do my best to stay on topic.

I play on a low pop 1pp server but believe you play on higher pop 3pp where not only do you have more traffic but more hoppers. You might be looking for awhile if you don't get right in and spend some time right after a persistence wipe.

Or both if you get lucky.

I have armed 2-3 damaged and 1 badly damaged successfully from what I've read YMMV. 

Back a few patches ago while convoying two trucks junior rolled one bad, he hit some bad desync and crashed into me but it only registered on his computer. I told him to stay in it and plowed the cab with mine and righted it and got him to limp it into the treeline on 2 tires with a leaking gastank. He hopped in mine and we went and looted Myshinko tent city until reset then collected the now repaired truck after.

If nothing's been wiped since yesterday I have 3 batteries and 1 plug on 1pp, I could stash one somewhere easy to find for you. 

Where did you find the AKM?

Same issue with my character, even splinted again, might go away with a morphine injection, if I ever find one.  Watch out setting up mines or bear traps that are NOT pristine.  Mines are the absolute worst since even a worn mine has a chance of blowing up and killing you after the 3 second activation period.

Your guy will be moaning until he dies. Same thing happened to me with a bear trap, splint, morphine .. none of it cured the groaning. It was happening for days until he finally got killed. Unless they've fixed something over the past few weeks .. sucks because the groaning can be heard by everyone.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 1

Your guy will be moaning until he dies. Same thing happened to me with a bear trap, splint, morphine .. none of it cured the groaning. It was happening for days until he finally got killed. Unless they've fixed something over the past few weeks .. sucks because the groaning can be heard by everyone.

As I have seen in video's, this was always the case when someone had not full health or blood.

I was watching the runningmanz yesterday or the day before on exp and it stopped for him after a while. I think he tried using a splint and/or morphine but it continued after that but then it just stopped.

Hello, I went on the dayz experimental patch when it came out found plenty of stuff, logged off came back today and went literally around half the map spawned at elektro went west then north and logged off at NWAF and everytown I passed was completely empty not even pair of boots, nothing. I did manage to find some stuff at the new enterable barracks at zelenegorsk and north west airfield, but is that it?? Only a tiny bit of loot in those buildings?? Wich is 90% of the time only ammo?? I did find also sks ammo in the hangars.. And 1 ak mag in the normal barrack. Tents had few hats and smersh backpacks.. Am I missing something? Every town is empty and almost every military building too except the larger barracks! Is there some weird ass spot where all the loot respawn or is it just broken at the moment?

Edited by Lindecrantz1

Just saw a player, again saw him before he saw me. Hid in a tree to see how friendly he was. He was carrying a gun way up north where almost no one goes by. Since I only have a Magnum and a chambered Sporter 22 with scope I made a run for it. He definitely saw me as I hid in a tree again to see him suddenly come after me. He went in the woods I guess to search for me so I ran the other way. It was definitely a bandit, and a dumb one too.

It's a big rule, if you see someone running into a forest, don't go after him.

There is something wrong with clean-up as before. When you cut a branch off a tree they will dissapear again after 5 seconds.

The developers definitely need to look at persistence because it isn't working flawlessly.

Edited by IMT

The loot respawning in experimental has always been janky. However, you're searching in the wrong areas for loot. You have to check the very tip top of the map or sides of it.

• Like 2

spawned at elektro went west then north and logged off at NWAF

This seems to be the route that sees the most travel and it's fair to assume that hundreds of players traveled there before and picked it clean. Loot respawning seems to have some issues that cause loot to concentrate in a few places around the map while other - once looted - only spawn a few items.

You are probably better off not following high traffic routes if you want to find loot. I also found not using a map and not traveling over long distances to a certain place to loot it increased the loot amount I found maybe because my movement ended up being more random and thus probably less in line with the other players.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 3

I was watching the runningmanz yesterday or the day before on exp and it stopped for him after a while. I think he tried using a splint and/or morphine but it continued after that but then it just stopped.

Good to know. I mean it lasted for days for me it seemed. Not sure if I ever got to healthy status to see if it would go away.

• Like 1

Where did you find the AKM?

Didn't say I found an akm, I roll with an SKS if possible.

I did find two at myshinko tent city and some mags that I was nice enough to empty and leave rather than throwing in tall grass like I usually do.

Hopefully they can squash the persistence/cle bugs and we'll get an update and wipe during the week.

• Like 3

YOUR CAMP VANISHED INTO ME?!?!

OHH THE HUMANITY!

• Like 1

Good. I'd like to find something other than civ weapons, since everyone has been hording everything. After multiple play sessions it has takien me forever to just find a damn battery for  truck. Haven't seen any plugs.