kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I might be wrong, I think street lights were working on first update, on release. I think I have screenshot somewhere on my home PC. Can any SA veteran confirm this?

Yes, I remember street lights in dayz when it was released, but I guess some zombies gnawed on the power cable.  ^_^

In fact when they fix the infected AI, and some other variations, a horde of them is a good challenge for sure even at heli crash sites, and that's the main idea

behind a survivial in my opinion.

So yeah dayz without the infected is a very bad idea - it's not an arcane shooter like BF4 or CoD, or CS. 

Edited by Ori42

Has anyone found a pen? - I normally ignore them but now that I want to write a note I've yet to see one.

If a decent number is 0 then you're good to go.

I just want to hunt deer and haven't seen any of those either. 

I actually saw a deer family running across the road S of the northern Elektro firestation yesterday.  Never seen wildlife in that town before.

• Like 2

Bug update some food cans are bugged now. I get more energized from sprite and soda compare to cans of spagethi for instance.

Baked beans and tactical beans work as intended. The issue is with spagethi - u get too little energized with it. 

They had breathing with binoculars if u had sprinted - I'm glad they removed it again.

I just saw a battery then I crashed, lol. 

Servers down now? (nevermind it was a reset.)   :)

Edited by Ori42

I've been experiencing consistent lag on experimental and stable servers the past couple days.

Has anyone found a pen? - I normally ignore them but now that I want to write a note I've yet to see one.

I've not seen one yet, but I think they spawn - I seldom pick one up though. )

• Like 1

I've been experiencing consistent lag on experimental and stable servers the past couple days.

That's strange what's your internet speed and your pc spec and did you follow fps guides by septic falcon for instance on youtube related to dayz?

I've a very good experience yesterday playing on full 75 players servers I didn't notice any lag difference compare to 50/50 servers, but I've an high end gpu card gtx geforce 780 asus, asus mobo, pc 3k $ 

Edited by Ori42

Yesterday I hid 5 weapons, a backpack and a fireplace inside a city, I hid a backpack 1 km away from the city in the woods also.

Today everything I hid inside the city is gone but the backpack in the woods is still there.

So I think everything you put inside cities will be cleaned eventually, I hope this is not intended and we are be able to hid things inside cities also.

• Like 1

Agreed.

Additionally, I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the zeds have been removed, because the devs have other priorities. Quite the contrary. I believe that the zeds have been removed because they are being actively worked on. The devs have obviously changed something, whether it be the zed AI, their character controller, or something else and it's not yet working well enough that it can be tested on experimental. I'm sure that they will be back soon and when they are, we'll see the same stress testing with them, in terms of their numbers, aggressiveness and resistance to damage. There are still MANY things that have not yet been balanced. 

I promise that I didn't really even intend to talk about this much in the first place. I probably shouldn't have brought it up. It's just been nagging at me a little bit lately and your comment made me want to defend my point of view.

I feel like calling it a conspiracy theory is not only a little bit overdramatic but to call it that infers that I'm just some crackpot. I came to this conclusion based on several things and I want to preface this by saying that I have a lot of respect for Bohemia. I'm not trying to be overly critical of them or of Hicks.

During a recent interview with Basement Nation on Youtube, Hicks brought up the fact that when he is watching streams he has been noticing a lot of desync. He said that he looked at server performance over the last year and that they need to start buckling down and working on that, improving server performance closer to what it needs to be for release. About a month before that, the zombies were taken out because they said the AI was bugged and overusing server resources. Not a word has been mentioned about them since just before 0.57 hit Stable.

I have played on a full server for hours and hours and never seen another player. I think that's mostly because I don't hang out in Cherno and Elektro with all the Youtubers. So one of the big things I was enjoying about this game was the threat of infected. Without them, the game feels hollow to me. The fact that they haven't talked about the AI in quite some time makes me think that the code is nowhere near optimized enough to raise the player counts, clean up desync, and put the infected back in with the server performing at an acceptable level.  This push to improve server performance is about improving the experience of shooting another human controlled player. And that's perfectly fine. I just wish there was a way to do that without breaking the experience for those of us who don't seek out PVP. 

So what does this mean for me? I won't really be playing DayZ for awhile. I think you can probably understand why that makes me a sad panda.

That's strange what's your internet speed and your pc spec and did you follow fps guides by septic falcon for instance on youtube related to dayz?

I've a very good experience yesterday playing on full 75 players servers I didn't notice any lag difference compare to 50/50 servers, but I've an high end gpu card gtx geforce 780 asus, asus mobo, pc 3k $ 

Thanks. I'll check it out.

I haven't had much lag in my dayz playing. I'll watch the video for more instructions. Thank you.

• Like 1

Bug update some food cans are bugged now. I get more energized from sprite and soda compare to cans of spagethi for instance.

Baked beans and tactical beans work as intended. The issue is with spagethi - u get too little energized with it. 

They had breathing with binoculars if u had sprinted - I'm glad they removed it again.

I just saw a battery then I crashed, lol. 

Servers down now? (nevermind it was a reset.)   :)

From a can spaghetti you get: 300 kcal energy and 324 ml water.

From a can of soda you get: 142 kcal energy and 330 ml water.

But are you absolutely sure it is bugged?

By the way, interesting fact: there is cannabis/ganja in the game files.

class Fruit_Cannabis: FruitBasedisplayName = "Ganja";descriptionShort = "Ganja";
  • Like 5

By the way, interesting fact: there is cannabis/ganja in the game files.

class Fruit_Cannabis: FruitBasedisplayName = "Ganja";descriptionShort = "Ganja";

Hey, even the zombie apocalypse needs an endgame.

• Like 4

I might be wrong, I think street lights were working on first update, on release. I think I have screenshot somewhere on my home PC. Can any SA veteran confirm this?

Paging Odin Lowe :) Post pictures plz.

IIRC, one of the devs indicated that portable generators will eventually be in the game.

I'm trying to dig up a thread from a few months back that detailed new game files (assets) that would be added from a third party company. This is nothing new for the game, but someone found a whole cache of finished items/structures/etc. on that company's website that could potentially be used for the game. Cannot for the life of me find the post though.

First rule of DayZ: if you don't need it, you will find many; if you need it, you will not find any.

• Like 4

Left a backpack with my battery and glowplug on the ground thru a reset and it was fine but the barrel I put down and threw a burlap in at the 60 second warning for the same reset poofed completely.

Next reset is 2100 GMT I believe.

It doesn't seem to have reset in the last 20 hours.  The trucks that were wrecked per my earlier story (about 20 hours ago) are still there.  I thought wrecked trucks despawned on resets.

Edited by Thurman Merman

Saw one in a shed yesterday.

• Like 1

Is anyone else throwing stuff off hunting stands? Or is it just me? I'm sick of finding damaged pu scopes. I've found every other type of scope pristine but the pus are always damaged. I'm also emptying deer stands. (My rationale is stuff might respawn at empty stands and I don't have room to carry most of the stuff.)

Also, I was just cooling off in the sea and noticed this:

http://gfycat.com/AptEquatorialChital

Adds credence to the belief that 1pp camera is slightly too low imho. The forest in the background is turning to underwater view when the water is around mouth level.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 4

It doesn't seem to have reset in the last 20 hours.  The trucks that were wrecked per my earlier story (about 20 hours ago) are still there.  I thought wrecked trucks despawned on resets.

my 3 barrels to, backpacks stay in the woods, weapons too but axes or pickaxes will despawn after an short time 20min or so

my 3 barrels to, backpacks stay in the woods, weapons too but axes or pickaxes will despawn after an short time 20min or so

Yep melee weapons doesn't persist it seems, it would be nice if melee weapons that doesn't fit in a backpack are persistent so we can hide big melee weapons as fire axes and sledge hammers without having a tent, barrel or truck.

Edited by Wili

Testing persistence at the moment. Placed a barrel with a rag and a improvised courier bag with a rag. Let's see what it does.

Now searching for a tent.

By the way, is it me or is it impossible to create a improvised courier bag with sticks? It wouldn't let me add the sticks, instead it put the sticks inside it.

It was empty and I tried to create it on the ground as well as on my bag but no luck.

Yeah, especially because WOBO and SepticFalcon are doing a lot for the community (don't know M1NDR well).

Did watch the stream of SepticFalcon a bit but switched it off because I was going to play myself.

*mumbles something about South Park, watching streams and playing on your own* :lol:

Ahw you tried to trick us, didn't work for me though. It's just a glow stick in that green shack. :lol:

I like the idea though. I always wondered why there were no street lights on in Chernarus. Unless there is no power running through the powerlines all over Chernarus.

I would imagine that many would actually be solar powered.  They store up power during the day, then come on at night.  BUT, I imagine there was, most likely, a serious rash of copper theft during the deterioration of society. . 

• Like 1

Testing persistence at the moment. Placed a barrel with a rag and a improvised courier bag with a rag. Let's see what it does.

By the way, is it me or is it impossible to create a improvised courier bag with sticks? It wouldn't let me add the sticks, instead it put the sticks inside it.

It was empty and I tried to create it on the ground as well as on my bag but no luck.

Hold the sticks in hand the right click the courier bag, you should get the prompt.  Make sure the courier bag is empty!

• Like 1

You need three sticks.

• Like 4

you need now 3 sticks, before it was 1 stick

EDIT: ninjaad

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

You need three sticks.

Thanks for the update. ;)

It doesn't seem to have reset in the last 20 hours. The trucks that were wrecked per my earlier story (about 20 hours ago) are still there. I thought wrecked trucks despawned on resets.

Weird because the truck with a leaking gas tank I abandoned 8 hours ago had a full tank and was good to go. When I got it back beside my other one it had also grown a new tire.

Not sure how or if you can destroy a truck right now, last time I did I used a fire and a spray paint can when that worked. The truck looked destroyed and despawed in probably less than a minute while we watched.

If you roll them are they staying rolled then?