kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

After validating the files I went back to the same spot on UK 0-5 and had no crash this time. I found a MP-133 shotgun so maybe that is what was causing the crashes. I guess this issue seems solved for now. Next time validating the files will be my first step, never had to do it before in over 700 hours of play.

Nice to see it worked. Next time you experience a bug frequently and no one else has it, check your game files first. It's almost the same as "is the power on?" or "is the cable connecte?" :p
  • Like 2

I don't think a restart has anything to do with loot piling up. My guess, but I may be wrong though: loot is piling up at some locations at the moment because loot which was already there isn't looted.

Loot distribution will be better optimized eventually.

Yes, it's a good theory, and some items are distributed at wrong locations.

Maybe they use resets every 12 hours to check server stability. 

someone log off UK-01 pls. I need to check if my oil barrel is still there. :)

thanks. ))

yay, they fixed barrels.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

I haven't been able to find a battery to get one running :(

I gave a battery to Dudester, so you guys will be able to hit the highway tonight.

• Like 1

I don't think we've seen the last of lootsplosions.  I believe that the 12 hour restart cycle will do a lot to keep them better under control  but I do not think they are gone.  Already starting to see hints of it, look in any outhouse, you'll see what I mean... 

As far as police stations, I did see a plastic front hand grip for an MP5 in the Berezino Police Station, that was all that was in there though, that was really soon after the update this AM past..

I didn't see anything that looked remotely like a loot puke last night. After several hours of scrounging, I still had pretty mediocre gear and I even had to resort to eating apples a couple of times. Of course I expect that there is probably some variability between servers.

• Like 1

found an chopper crash in kamenka, never seen a chopper there before. love those fixed random events :D

helicrashqu146pl3ak.jpg

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 6

Yes, it's a good theory, and some items are distributed at wrong locations.

Maybe they use resets every 12 hours to check server stability.

someone log off UK-01 pls. I need to check if my oil barrel is still there. :)

thanks. ))

yay, they fixed barrels. ^_^

My guess is that you are correct. They are trying to enhance performance so that they either can fit more animals and infected or to raise player slots.
  • Like 1

I speculate that we will see an increase in zombies and player slots for sure compare to stable patch 57 - too few zombies in that build to be honest,

and too much loot.

Anyway, I need a lunch. :)

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

I gave a battery to Dudester, so you guys will be able to hit the highway tonight.

That's assuming there isn't a wipe with today's build of course ;)

Unfortunately I won't be able to play again until Friday, the PC is all packed up for my move!

• Like 1

Dunno if this is true but i seen someone say that being a passenger in the v3s is much less Laggy in this update. Is this tie? (Might have misread but can't find the comment now)

I'm carrying 2 on my 1pp guy up north Heading east at the moment.

Note to self:  Look for BCBasher on server.

;-)

• Like 1

There're some who hoard batteries I guess, and they don't respawn. 

They don't respawn?  How did you discover this?

• Like 1

They don't respawn?  How did you discover this?

I didn't, but so damn hard to find one so I'm guessing.  :D
And I know for certain that tents don't respawn, m8. I had a base about a week ago nw of the military base near Green Mountain, and after the maintenance last wednesday. I was in the area the whole week and I checked the location I found the tent to see if it respawn or not, and the tent did 'not' respawn.
So I draw a parallel to batteries and I suspect the numbers won't increase compare to the amount of V35's on 1 server for instance.
Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

This is so disapponting. I finally found a plug and a battery but cant move the V3s because i need fuel. Filled a pot but cant fill it in the V3S. Anyone saw a Jerry can?

• Like 1

I didn't, but so damn hard to find one so I'm guessing. :D

And I know for certain that tents don't respawn, m8. I had a base about a week ago nw of the military base near Green Mountain, and after the maintaince last wednesday. I was in the area the whole week and I checked the location I found the tent to see if it respawn or not, and the tent did 'not' respawn.

So I draw a parrell to batteries and I suspect the numbers won't increase compare to the amount of V35's on 1 server for instance.

You mean despawn? No, tents have a quite long timer so they are persistent at maintenance.

Yeah true, m8. 

The performance on the server is great though - it has improved the last 12 hours for sure.

Edited by Ori42

I am having a lot of trouble reaching the healthy status. I find enough food and water but I just get stuffed and never see the healing / healthy status so far.

I wonder if player numbers affect loot density and respawning.  Been playing on SC02 - normally less than 5 people on it.  And it's a wasteland.  

This morning, started in the NW, looted all of Lopatino (6 items total in town), Vavilovo (much better, but still light - around 45 total items - mostly tools, hard hats and food), a good chunk of Svet (80%+ empty), 50% of Novo (same as Svet).

Last night, did the Sabors down through Msta and Elektro - same thing - virtually nothing.  The only place I have found any decent loot density was at the Myshinko base.  Either the total number is set too low, or there's the mother of all lootsplosions out there.

Also, anyone ever get the bug where you have to open doors twice?  Can't figure out how to reproduce it, but logging always fixes it.

I am having a lot of trouble reaching the healthy status. I find enough food and water but I just get stuffed and never see the healing / healthy status so far.

It just seems to take a long time.  Make sure not to stuff yourself on low calorie items of course.  I fell off some stairs - a whole 4 feet, so I ruined my boots, broke my leg, etc. - luckily had a truck full of food. Gorged on peaches and beans and bacon.  I bet it took me around 30 minutes of staying stuffed and light green energized hydrated before I even got the "healing" signal.

You need take some damage to activate it. I usually take off my shoes , walk some steps until the message "my feets are sore" appear then i put my shoes on, and the healing status appear. Its a old bug.

• Like 7

Anyone has tested persistence since yesterday patch?, Yesterday I placed some items around, including a backpack and weapons but today everything is gone.

I'll try again :P

I wonder if player numbers affect loot density and respawning.

It's supposed to, so if it seems like it is, then I would say it's working as intended ;)

You need take some damage to activate it. I usually take off my shoes , walk some steps until the message "my feets are sore" appear then i put my shoes on, and the healing status appear. Its a old bug.

I had never thought of using bare feet as a way to trigger it. Thanks for that! :)

Anyone has tested persistence since yesterday patch?, Yesterday I placed some items around, including a backpack and weapons but today everything is gone.

I'll try again :P

Depending on when you placed items yesterday, they could have been wiped. Was it before or after yesterday's update?

omg, that did it immediately....thanks!

• Like 1

Depending on when you placed items yesterday, they could have been wiped. Was it before or after yesterday's update?

It was after the update.

I think if you hide items near loot spawns/near a city your items can be all cleaned at once, no matter if is a weapon a backpack or anything else, I'm still not sure about that, today I'm gonna repeat the test, I will hide items inside a city and outside in the mountains and see how it goes; in the last patch I did this, the things I hid in the city were all cleaned all together after 2 days, the things I hid in the mountain remained until this new patch.

Edited by Wili
  • Like 1

It was after the update.

I think if you hide items near loot spawns/near a city your items can be all cleaned at once, no matter if is a weapon a backpack or anything else, I'm still not sure about that, today I'm gonna repeat the test, I will hide items inside a city and outside in the mountains and see how it goes; in the last patch I did this, the things I hid in the city were all cleaned at together after 2 days, the things I hid in the mountain remained until this new patch.

Persistence is working on my tent and trucks since the new update.  But, yesterday morning, I stashed a military tent in a location very unlikely to be stumbled upon (although, in the woods NE of Svet) and a car tent in an out of the way place (N of Turovo); and, when I went to collect them this morning - gone.  Considering they were on SC02  (1PP isn't typically high pop) it seems more likely that they despawned.