kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

If starting from scratch isn't your thing, I would recommend staying away from Experimental. Not trying to push you away, but that kind of scenario is the norm for a branch dedicated to rapid iteration testing.

LOL - no, I love experimental and the new experiences that come with testing and discovering newly added features. I just hate the little time I've had this month to do so, especially with what .58 is bringing us (minus the lootgasms in the prior build). :-)

• Like 1

Are you from the same group as SheriffRyBo?

No, part of no group, no. Never heard of RyBo.

Edited by SheriffZed

Well, that's it for today's session. Going to leave you guys with the usual daily pictures.

This time it doesn't involve killing wildlife. It actually involves giving something to nature instead of taking. :)

By the way got my 500 hours of game play! :)

bnXzhoy.jpg

gvkSyTP.jpg

TCjgAd8.jpg

QQODeFb.jpg

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

Wow, serious loot nerf all over and in all types of buildings.  One fire axe in the Berizino Fire Station, nothing, really, in the police station.  I like.  Best I have been able to get is a CR527 and three mags for it.  Still looking for that hunting scope.

Not a single lootsposion. Not even close to it. I found plenty of food, canteens, sodas, ammo and 3 or 4 barrels on 25-player US Northeast server. All buildings are limited to spawn maximum of 3 or 4 items. Maybe only police stations a bit more.

Didnt see any animals or zeds.

No, part of no group, no. Never heard of RyBo.

Okay.. Because the next part of this conversation was going to be really awkward. "Yeah Rybo is my friend..", "Ah, well.. I kind of turned Rybo's face into swiss cheese with an Amphibia for trying to steal my truck."

Okay.. Because the next part of this conversation was going to be really awkward. "Yeah Rybo is my friend..", "Ah, well.. I kind of turned Rybo's face into swiss cheese with an Amphibia for trying to steal my truck."

LOL - nice. If that had been me, I would've returned it (and left your glow plug and battery while I was gone since I carry my own with me).

LOL - nice. If that had been me, I would've returned it (and left your glow plug and battery while I was gone since I carry my own with me).

https://youtu.be/Rfma4B16xiY?t=7m29s

He didn't steal it.. We pulled over and gave him some water, and he tried to jump in and take off with it.. 

Anyone want some food? I have plenty of pumpkins here to feed an army. :D

And you waited so long to play with them!

If I ever get brave enough to sit in one of those side of the road stands, I will open the shop and sell pumpkin slices and pumpkin seeds. Currency will be rifle ammo.

• Like 2

If I ever get brave enough to sit in one of those side of the road stands, I will open the shop and sell pumpkin slices and pumpkin seeds. Currency will be rifle ammo.

Careful, some people might send that ammo over a lot faster than you want it.....

• Like 3

I was part of "olden times"... miss them olden times, sometimes too.

It's your computer ringing it's bell. It has a little beeper on the motherboard which dings for certain kinds of errors happen. (this may happen through your speakers now-a-days, but in olden times the sound would come from the computer itself!)

So reset time is 0500 and 1700 PST.

• Like 2

I can only empathize... why a car tent will not fit on a truck is beyond me.  I spawned on the right coast after update, need to be on the left coast.  Carried that damn car tent over half a continent, or so it would seem.  No worries, tent in place, camp undergoing construction.  Like others, I do tend to like the restart...  

Spawned near Svet.  Found a "Tent Car" that I carried around (in 1PP no less) for over an hour.  Finally located a battery and plug.  Who-Hoo!!  Ran up to Karmenovka to see if the truck was there.  Score!  

Can't fit the tent in the truck?  WTF?  I carried this POS for no reason?  I stash the tent.  Get in the car and head to my planned base way out west.  I'll just have to run my ass all the way back over for the tent.  

Wrecked the truck less than 1km away.  Just not my day.

I don't even want to discuss this...

Glowplug?  I had 6 batteries and 6 plugs.  Oh the HUMANITY!!!

• Like 1

I don't even want to discuss this...

Haha!

What I lacked in quantity, I think  I made up for with quality:

Almost all items in that collection were pristine.  I can be a little OCD at times.
Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Haven't been there yet this patch but I believe I read the tent cities were piling loot in one tent? Just hit Myshinko tent city and saw really nice even reasonable loot distribution, lots of boots, some hats and helmets, a few vests, a couple of each type of rifle you'd expect, and a few mags. I personally like an sks because autos glitch and fire the whole clip on my computer so I passed on the akms but helped myself to the 3 30rd mags. If anyone is in need of the akm mags I was nice enough to leave them in the shed just north of the base, you're on your own for bullets though US SW 0-2.

I noticed that I get a stutter just before it rains and although my fps numbers are back down in the low teens and twenties the game feels as smooth or smoother than ever. 

I'm also pretty sure I saw evidence of almost real-time spawning of loot I stopped in a shed just before a break and swapped my axe for a hoe, picked up and loaded a pump shotgun and ate until full then logged. When I got back in game 15- 20 minutes later there was a can of beans that I'm 99% sure wasn't there when I logged out

• Like 2

Does this patch fix persistence? 

We have persistence in .58 but they've been wiping every 3-5 days or so to try different stuff with loot distribution and fix other bugs.

Well, at least 30% of it was left there by players because it was ruined, damp or vests were filled with items.

If you have the time maybe you could go there and see if you have a crash too?

A couple of us have been there several times over past few days (on different servers) and we have seen the same 'splosion. None of the folks in my group have experienced any errors/crashes. I would recommend that you submit a bug report. 

• Like 1

Do police stations no longer spawn loot?  I ran from Svet around the NW corner, down to Pavlovo.  Hit Svet, Novo, Severo, NP and Vybor.  Not a stitch of loot.  SC02

Edited by Thurman Merman

We have persistence in .58 but they've been wiping every 3-5 days or so to try different stuff with loot distribution and fix other bugs.

Alright, thank you for the information. Do you think it makes the servers more laggy and is there much dsync? 

Alright, thank you for the information. Do you think it makes the servers more laggy and is there much dsync? 

Can't give an honest input in that as I've only played .57 for about 10 minutes and I' playing on a potato plugged into some overpriced shitty third-world satellite internet.

• Like 1

Can't give an honest input in that as I've only played .57 for about 10 minutes and I' playing on a potato plugged into some overpriced shitty third-world satellite internet.

LOL...

Barrel persistence works, not sure about farm plots yet. I also noticed the police stations pretty barren.

HEY, your dude looks like my dude, did you take all my shit? LMAO!!!

WwzDAB0.jpg

Haha!

What I lacked in quantity, I think  I made up for with quality:

Almost all items in that collection were pristine.  I can be a little OCD at times.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 1