kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

So, survivor mode is now active. I'm seriously considering not using the leather gear and instead just using hunter gear. I've been doing most of my looting out of deer stands, feed-shacks and the like, so far everything works perfectly fine. The leather hat has the wrong description, says it's bullet proof which is amusing. Hunting is a bit of an issue since the area I am in I haven't seen too many wild animals. Rabbits are being trapped and I have crops growing so that's not too big of an issue, the only problem really is a reliable water source but the deer stands have a ton of water in them so water hasn't become an issue. I have one tent, would like to get two but that's wishful thinking. Compared to normal gameplay of go north, get gun, camp choppers and kill server hoppers, this is actually a lot more rewaring.

• Like 3

Quick loot update. i noticed loot respawn and it was great far south west of the map. 

I went north to Green Mountain in that area almost no loot at all, and I need to search for apples. :)

I spotted two deers, but I couldn't sneak upon them, and they are too fast I think at the moment. 

That mean we will be no longer able to kill deers with fists and we will need a hunting weapon? Aw shucks.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

So, survivor mode is now active. I'm seriously considering not using the leather gear and instead just using hunter gear. I've been doing most of my looting out of deer stands, feed-shacks and the like, so far everything works perfectly fine. The leather hat has the wrong description, says it's bullet proof which is amusing. Hunting is a bit of an issue since the area I am in I haven't seen too many wild animals. Rabbits are being trapped and I have crops growing so that's not too big of an issue, the only problem really is a reliable water source but the deer stands have a ton of water in them so water hasn't become an issue. I have one tent, would like to get two but that's wishful thinking. Compared to normal gameplay of go north, get gun, camp choppers and kill server hoppers, this is actually a lot more rewaring.

I have been getting in a LOT of fire-fights up north lately.. Not sure how populated the server you're on is (I know you play 1pp), but on SW01, tonight alone we ran into 8 different survivors. 3 in Myshkino, where they opened fire on us at the water-pump, 1 in Zeleno at the water pump, 1 north of Lopatino at the Train Station, and 3 in Vybor. People on experimental tend to move away from the coast more, so be alert, even if the town you're in is normally dead.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

I'm truly not concerned with running into anyone due to the area I am in is a bit off the beaten path. Nothing around me and no major towns. We'll see.

Played some hours on this new exp. I've to say all in all was a really great experience! Well done devs!

The time to enter a new server is decreased. The interaction with the objects is fast and responsive. I only have the same old glitch drinking while you've a weapon in your hands and then you cannot get the weapon again until you log out.

Now the questions : Where are the zombies ?  I went from berezino to nwaf to Novaya Petrovka to Vybor and finally to Zelenogorsk without seeing a single zombie.

Well actually i didn't see a single player too....

Played some hours on this new exp. I've to say all in all was a really great experience! Well done devs!

The time to enter a new server is decreased. The interaction with the objects is fast and responsive. I only have the same old glitch drinking while you've a weapon in your hands and then you cannot get the weapon again until you log out.

Now the questions : Where are the zombies ?  I went from berezino to nwaf to Novaya Petrovka to Vybor and finally to Zelenogorsk without seeing a single zombie.

Well actually i didn't see a single player too....

Yeah, you need to be patience to spot players, but it's harder now without zombies for sure. All join the UK 01 server - almost full too shouldn't be that hard

to get couple of full servers, but I've mentioned it many times before 120/120 population servers is perfect for this map. 

I spotted one player yesterday at Kamenka fill his water bottle and went north before I enter the town.

I went into cherno this morning no firefights or sign of human contact so I think a lot of players are all over the map exploring the wild for animals.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

And most experimental players are very experienced dayz players - most of us don't use the roads to travel on for instance at least I don't. 

I played like 30 min. yesterday on the UK alliance server. I spotted two players heading north from Elektro just ran past me on the roads like 20-30 meters away. I had a MP5-K with 3 full mags I could easy take them both out, but I didn't want to ruin the fun for them so I let them go. 

That was after 30 min. north of Elektro, so if u don't like to be spotted and remain hidden 'don't use the roads, guys' 

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

You reported the indestructible trap or consuming the whole stack of netting?

Is there anything that can repair the traps because I have a feeling as time goes on netting will not be so easy to come by.

The indestructible trap.

Before the patch last Friday the cooking pot was working in exp - but I did not try it in this patch.

They may work but they don't work how intended. Or taking the cooking pot in to the hands to check the items in it must be intentional.

Yeah, you need to be patience to spot players, but it's harder now without zombies for sure. All join the UK 01 server - almost full too shouldn't be that hard

to get couple of full servers, but I've mentioned it many times before 120/120 population servers is perfect for this map.

I spotted one player yesterday at Kamenka fill his water bottle and went north before I enter the town.

I went into cherno this morning no firefights or sign of human contact so I think a lot of players are all over the map exploring the wild for animals. ^_^

What time was that? I know I filled my water bottle at the south west when I was underway to check out your tent. But I filled up at Kamorovo, not Kamenka. Didn't find your tent at Balota by the way.

That mean we will be no longer able to kill deers with fists and we will need a hunting weapon? Aw shucks.

I agree, I only had a shotgun - so I had no chance to get into range before the deers were gone. :)

The indestructible trap.

They may work but they don't work how intended. Or taking the cooking pot in to the hands to check the items in it must be intentional.

What time was that? I know I filled my water bottle at the south west when I was underway to check out your tent. But I filled up at Kamorovo, not Kamenka. Didn't find your tent at Balota by the way.

Yeah the tent is just north west of Komarovo near the barn there, just north east of the barn in the forest line, or (west from the deer stand north of Komarovo.) I found green paint and some common survivial gear and some food though + some mousin ammo and morphin, but I need more food before I head north again in search of heli crash sites.

I didn't try to hide it well, so it should be easy to spot when u are nearby. :)

Edited by Ori42

I'm truly not concerned with running into anyone due to the area I am in is a bit off the beaten path. Nothing around me and no major towns. We'll see.

This is the kinda shit that gets you shot  :lol: Every time we go "off the beaten path" we end up taking fire 0.o

I agree, I only had a shotgun - so I had no chance to get into range before the deers were gone. :)

So to hunt down a deer you will actually now need a hunting rifle with possible bonus of hunting scope...this sounds great! Awesome add to new patch.

Ps. Or automatic Ak 74...

Yeah the tent is just north west of Komarovo near the barn there, just north east of the barn in the forest line, or (west from the deer stand north of Komarovo.) I found green paint and some common survivial gear and some food though + some mousin ammo and morphin, but I need more food before I head north again in search of heli crash sites.

I didn't try to hide it well, so it should be easy to spot when u are nearby. :)

Found it, can you tell if anything has gone missing?

l9kSYwq.jpg

I took the speedloader but put some other stuff in there. Gonna test the rifle in there by the way, now that I have the ammo for it. Never shot that one. :P

Edit: interesting gun but this will be the Sporter 22 before the Hunting scope. It takes rare ammo which only can be found at military spots and only takes one round.

So to hunt down a deer you will actually now need a hunting rifle with possible bonus of hunting scope...this sounds great! Awesome add to new patch.

Ps. Or automatic Ak 74...

My CR527 did just fine. :D Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

I think you're the first one to visit it which is strange, because it's very close to the sniper hill down to the Airfield east of that location. Anyway, yeah, of course, take the ammo or anything u need, m8 - I've morphin on me too. :)

Edited by Ori42

The update 4 is ok. But i don't know if its good enough for stable.

What i don't like is the still not proper functioning of the reload process. Not because i am a PVP-styler. Just because i could become insane when i mispress "R" (when leaning with "E") and not only my dude throws the mag on the ground instead of doing it in the pants but it disapears from there and last but not least i have a single round chambered instead of taking that small extra mag from my pants. <_<

What i don't have but a friend of mine: Many Player-desyncs. I only have some item-desyncs most of the time. Thats not nice but yeah... Be patient and it will work  sometime.

Ghost sounds are not solved for me. My buddy has only very few of them - i have every couple of minutes a laddersound or what ever this resounding metal sound is.

Fun to test and play but also very annoying sometimes. :)

I broke my leg earlier this morning on piles of wood - it's a glitch there so don't go near it. ;)

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

I like this update. I feel the loot is well balanced at the moment.  My only grip is ammo boxes and protective cases taking up to much room in your inventory.  I know this is known, but at the moment they seem a waste of time to have.  I hope they fix this,  I did like the old way that they only took up 4 boxes in your inventory.

I hope it's food in Kamenka otherwise I will starve to death.  :(

I need a saw by the way - so I can saw off my shotgun. I found a new gun blaze and some winchester ammo. :)

Wow, food spawned quick at the barn - I was away for 30 minutes - suddenly 4 cans of food inside when I returned.  :D

Alright, I updated the tent with some glove plugs and repair tire kit + more ammo and stuff.

Finally ready with enough food and morphin to journey north.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

I hope it's food in Kamenka otherwise I will starve to death.  :(

Keep an eye for berry bushes or apples I may suggest.

• Like 1

Keep an eye for berry bushes or apples I may suggest.

Yeah about 12 apples will get you energized and hydrated as a fresh spawn.

• Like 2

I like this update. I feel the loot is well balanced at the moment.  My only grip is ammo boxes and protective cases taking up to much room in your inventory.  I know this is known, but at the moment they seem a waste of time to have.  I hope they fix this,  I did like the old way that they only took up 4 boxes in your inventory.

I haven't picked up an ammo box in this build, but in the last one it was four slot consumption with only four slots available inside, making it an utterly useless item (Which can't even hold the 300 rounds you expect). The only reason I could think to have one is to protect ammo from being ruined, though not getting shot also helps with that. 

This is the kinda shit that gets you shot  :lol: Every time we go "off the beaten path" we end up taking fire 0.o

indeed

The only place I saw another player was veresnik and he wouldn't stop running after me with an axe. He's dead now.

• Like 6

I found this heli crash yesterday morning, not very interesting in it's own right but this one was north of the railroad tracks.  

I know that there are a few points than can spawn them up there but I've never seen one this far north before.

The map coords are 019/036,  http://www.izurvive.com/#c=65;-134;5

In the pic I'm facing northwest towards Sinistok, the northern highway and railroad tracks are not far behind me

WHQd8iu.jpg 

I had a fun run with Tatanko yesterday afternoon, and I finally took a whirl in the new V3S, that thing is fast!  :o

We checked out the new enterable military barracks in the north and both noted that entering the new building had a 'jittery' effect.

To me it seemed like a rapid rubberbanding on the screen, but only inside the building.

In the old barrack next door I finally found a smersh pack for my vest.

You'll see in the screenshot below that I was carrying a car battery in the vest and forgot to remove it to make the full smersh.

It simply added the smersh pack to my kit without attaching it or removing my mountain backpack.

Two backpacks show in the inventory but only one appears in the character view.

There was no advantage to the overall slot numbers but I removed and fixed it, certain that the server would eventually eat one of them 

Rq3vn0P.jpg

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2

Has anyone found the CR527/ AKM magazines? I can't find them anywhere 

The former in simple houses.  The latter in the military "tent" at Myshinko base.

• Like 1