kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Are there any animals up north, if so where?

The CR527 did not rise up to the now available visible inventory slots in the tent. The inventory in tents is still not scrollable. The number of slots you see in the vicinity windows is all you can really use, as always. However, the server restarts don't bring your stuff back up and the items below the visible slots are lost permanently.

There's something you can try.   I just tried it with a medkit that I placed just below the car tent inventory line.

And retrieved it using a pick-axe

The swap and replace method, just like taking a can of beans in vicinity and placing it over something in your inventory, they swap and move the other item.

First, I would remove any gun you're carrying from your inventory or hands because the CR 527 might want to eject there

Though it will probably drop on the ground in the tent vicinity (scroll will work for the tent vicinity)

Now, find a big oversized item like a truck tire or a jerry can.

(It might even work with a tall item like a hockey stick, broom or pitchfork)

edit: an empty mountain backpack might be the best/tallest item

The CR527 is probably just below the visible tent inventory, so -

Put the jerry can into the car tent inventory with the top of can at the second-to-bottom line of the inventory

trying to make it overlap the CR 527 vertically completely, but not all way beneath the inventory line.

(i'll try to grab a screenshot to give a visual)

L4BgtNG.jpg 

Hopefully this ejects the CR 527 from the car tent into your inventory or in the car tent vicinity. 

No guarantees of course, good luck.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

Check the wide open fields around Vybor/Veresnik/NWAF. The area around the Sobors may yield something as well.

The boar I got the other day was near Berezino, and I got a cow last night at Pustoshka.

Check the wide open fields around Vybor/Veresnik/NWAF. The area around the Sobors may yield something as well.

The boar I got the other day was near Berezino, and I got a cow last night at Pustoshka.

I'm talking about way up north, around Novodmitrovsk.

Sheep and/or chicken in Msta and the cow on the south side of Berizino. Got a chicken 1 click north west of Tulga by the deer feed shack the other day too.

I'm looking for a deer, a goat, and a fox when I get back from a short job this morning. 

• Like 1

Sheep and/or chicken in Msta and the cow on the south side of Berizino. Got a chicken 1 click north west of Tulga by the deer feed shack the other day too.

I'm looking for a deer, a goat, and a fox when I get back from a short job this morning. 

I almost always see goats in Vishnoye or Nadezhdino - probably 80%+  In fact, saw them in both this morning.  They can be hard to find in he latter though, as they're behind the southern most house, so as you run in, they run into the woods to the East.

This guy seemed pretty tame when I found him in Vishnoye this morning:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479598516

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

Just wiped a squad of 3 guys at NWAF a few hours ago on SW 0-1 .. I believe one of them was from [LOST] clan.. Anyone know these guys?

*snip*

I've seen one of the [LOST] clan members on the server I play on so I believe they server hop. I've also seen members of other clans as well so if you see any clan members just pop them in their head and move on as they're most likely server hopping.

• Like 3

Just wiped a squad of 3 guys at NWAF a few hours ago on SW 0-1 .. I believe one of them was from [LOST] clan.. Anyone know these guys?

Also, I have noticed that after the server restarted and I logged in, there was suddenly no loot in *almost* any building .. but there were still random lootsposions laying around in towns. 

Animals have been difficult to come by, though I've found 1 chicken and 1 cow.

How do you cook food in an oven without burning the pot?! Do you have to put it into your hands and place it in the stove?

I have 1 cow hide, and I need to make a shirt.. Been having a hard time finding shirts AT ALL.. seems the only ones I can find are heavy/warm shirts and occasionally some check shirts. 

Tons of SKS ammo and SKS's in barracks if they spawn anything at all..

MOST tents/military areas have 1 building that seems to be spawning everything from all of the surrounding buildings. 

Lots of good stuff in Deer Stands and military sniper towers.. hunting backpacks, hunting scopes, hunting pants, etc.

Found a lot of crash sites.. I gave my buddy Hoff an AUG tonight, and he got 2 kills with it (in the fire-fight I mentioned above).. I'll upload a video of it later, but it's a really clunky example of PVP from my point of view.

I'm with LOST, so I probably know them. In fact I was on that server earlier. I'll be sure to pass the video along once I find it.

Are guys all from North America? I'd like to play with someone from this topic this weekend. I'm in central European time zone.

Btw,I hopped on low pop 1p server and found three barrels in one shed in Solnicny.

Czech rep. here, I'll be online ~10 PM, feel free to add me on Steam :)

There is a chance the activating a mine that is "worn" may detonate it and kill you in the process.  I just found this out the hard way.  You're welcome.

• Like 6

Steam ID is 1109Hawaii.  Ironically this was my address when I lived in Seattle and immediately before I moved to Hawaii.

• Like 1

I feel like it would be cool to designate a common server for all of forum goers.  Maybe a central US, Central EU, etc for each region to keep pings nice.  It would make it nice and easy to group up or run into each other, and probably increases the chance of friendly encounters.

• Like 8

Had a great time last night with Tatanko, Tux, Odin Lowe, and Grapefruit Kush and although tatanko was with RaptorM60 he eventually poped back in teamspeak and so many things happened but if i were to sum it up there were many lootsplosions a lot of vs3s fliped over and overall running around the whole map.  B)

I didn't take too many screenshots but this is what i managed. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479340717

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479340778

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479341440

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479341636

P.S Do you guys think these screenshots are as good as tatankos? If not at least there better then tuxs  :P

• Like 7

I feel like it would be cool to designate a common server for all of forum goers.  Maybe a central US, Central EU, etc for each region to keep pings nice.  It would make it nice and easy to group up or run into each other, and probably increases the chance of friendly encounters.

yes, something like this would be nice! :beans:   I think we need a steam DayZForums group too :) Every forums member could join this group and we would better know when someone is playing.

Maybe we could add some "official forums" servers where we are playing more often in the group details.

btw the trello updates are awesome! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Had a great night yesterday with fellow members Dudester, Tux, and BleedoutBill. (While talking for a while to Tatanko on TS.)

It was a mix of V3S misadventure and fun at the same time.

We first met up at the NWAF, Dudester, Tux and I, and proceeded to loot up a bit while being there. Dudester had just found an AUG with loaded mag at a crash site, and we were geared up pretty well.

We decided to try and find a vehicle since Tux had already a glow plug and we were carrying car batteries too. This is when the misadventure started. 

Found a cargo V3S at "terminus" north of Lopatino. Came across a flipped cargo V3S at Vybor's northern entrance. Managed to avoid the loot piles a pass through Vybor, moving towards Stary Sobor, but the truck flipped near Veresnik military base. Suddenly, another player in another V3S came right by us, and simply drove off without never stopping. So we went back to Vybor, and found a flatbed V3S, which we used to flip the cargo V3S that we past we arriving at Vybor, right back on it's wheels. At that time all we wanted to do was to get North East towards where BleedoutBill had spawned and meet up, but, yet again the V3S had a terrible accident with desync and lag, and was flipped on it's side.

Tux logged out to do real-life stuff, while Dudester and I continued making our way towards Bill, and finally met. Overall it was an awesome night. For about 3-4 hours of gameplay, I didn't experience any crashes or rubberbanding of any kind. We made a neat little camp with a pumpkin patch in Gorka. Really enjoying 0.58 so far, and if the loot piles could be removed and fixed, and persistence would work properly with items respawning when necessary, I'd say it,s the best patch so far.

Some screenshots of the play session.

Waiting for Tux at the crash site Dudester had just found. Seems like overheating is pretty much constant on experimental, so sorry in advance for all the messages that's gonna pop out.

2gvmuci.jpg

Embarking on a perilous journey. (At least for the truck...)

2ufdll2.jpg

This looks suspicious...

wvs46e.jpg

Bye bye first V3S of the night.

w7en1x.jpg

Hello 2nd V3S!! "On the road again!"

2hp4pkw.jpg

House on the hill. Gorka.

mald90.jpg

Our little pumpkin patch camp at Gorka.

25r33fs.jpg

34nqxye.jpg

344ruvn.jpg

At that time Tux had left, and we finally managed to meet up with Bill, providing his Winchester with a hunting scope and ammo. 

sw7dhl.jpg

I was the improvised medic of the night. Enjoying this role quite a lot.

351ebya.jpg

ibceqc.jpg

• Like 5

For a while, somewhere in .5x it seemed like fall damage had been nerfed.  Then, it seemed like it was back; however, I just fell out of a deer stand (had inventory open and was walking around in a square to see what was there at night) and took no damage at all.  Climbed back up and walked right back out; same thing.  Apparently, in .58 your toon can survive a 6' fall without sustaining substantial fractures and boot damage.  

I fell out of a deer stand in 0.57, with the same result.

• Like 2

I've never seen any North of the Northern Highway.

-snip-

Great shots Dudester!! I'd say Tatanko's shots are probably the best I seen so far from DayZ, but that being said, yours look very good too!!

• Like 1

-snip-

btw the trello updates are awesome! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I hope the devs know how much some of us appreciate the little sneak peaks!

:beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

• Like 4

Had a great time last night with Tatanko, Tux, Odin Lowe, and Grapefruit Kush and although tatanko was with RaptorM60 he eventually poped back in teamspeak and so many things happened but if i were to sum it up there were many lootsplosions a lot of vs3s fliped over and overall running around the whole map.  B)

I didn't take too many screenshots but this is what i managed. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479340717

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479340778

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479341440

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=479341636

P.S Do you guys think these screenshots are as good as tatankos? If not at least there better then tuxs  :P

So whats happening with the rolled trucks these days, do they right themselves at reset or respawn or what?

I saw one on it's side in Dolina not too far from where it would have spawned the other day but the drivers door was closed which made me wonder what happened.

How do you cook food in an oven without burning the pot?! Do you have to put it into your hands and place it in the stove?

You can simply "Cut a branch" from most trees out there, and stick whatever food you want to cook on it, take the stick in your hands and then "pose" it towards the fire, whether it's a camp fire out in the woods, or a lit fireplace inside a house.

20f6eyr.jpg

• Like 1

There is a chance the activating a mine that is "worn" may detonate it and kill you in the process.  I just found this out the hard way.  You're welcome.

This hasn't changed, then. From the time that they were introduced, they had a much higher chance of blowing up whomever attempts to deploy them, rather than some poor bastard who happens along. That tendency seems to be inversely proportional to the condition of the mine.

I'm talking about way up north, around Novodmitrovsk.

I've never seen any North of the Northern Highway.

What Bill said. They don't currently spawn outside of a certain set of boundaries, and the northern highway is one of those boundaries. Skalisty is devoid of animals as well :(

20f6eyr.jpg

Are you able to cook berries now? I guess I never thought to try... Now I have a goal for tonight: gotta update the wiki with pictures of all the cooked and burned food(s).

I was just on US SW 2 where I was looting one of the barracks in Zelengorsk.  I was thinking, wow, not super great but not too awful either when POOF, everything on the floor lootwise disappeared, blinked right of existance.  All the loot was gone completely, even the stuff that was just there in front of me.  I logged out and back in, nothing still.  I still have everything I had just picked up but wow, dudes that was just spooky.  If that had happened up on Green Mountain I do believe I would have shit myself.  It was NOT a server restart.  When I logged back in I could see my self standing next to myself for a few short seconds.  I got the hell out of there with a quickness but rubberbanded back into the barracks.  Didn't stick around, just bailed after that. 

So strange, never had anything like that happen before.

Sounds like someone picked up every item to look under it and then left and the timer started on despawn and you were standing there when the timer went off.

I have Dayz steam group. I will kick out inactive members and add people from this group. That way we can coordinate game play.

• Like 4