kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

By what mechanism would an item that is stored below the viewable threshold in the tent be forced to change position in that case?

I'm guessing removing the items above the cr527 will make it show up as it's happened to me several times. I could be wrong in your case though.

Played for a few hours tonight with RaptorM60! :) Traveled all the way from Prigorodki to Stary Yar by the end of the night, and had a lot of fun along the way. Went through ~3 day/night cycles in total, and I'm actually beginning to kind of like accelerated time.

Came across one (Russian) crash site near Lopatino; it didn't yield much. Was able to scavenge both a battery and a plug and finally got a truck running up in Vavilovo. Important note to anyone unaware: at least in this build, there doesn't appear to be a dedicated slot in the truck inventory for the glow plug. The battery still neatly fits in its own slot, but the glow plug simply goes into the main inventory. Sounds weird, but it works.

For anyone curious, I have an update to my cooking find from last night: animal lard CAN be cooked in a pot (with water) on a fireplace, and it does in fact look different, i.e. less charred, than cooking it on a stick... the same as meat. It's also definitely edible. Didn't have two pieces of lard to try cooking lard in lard, but that will come soon enough. Tried cooking guts, and they just became ruined.

Waiting to see updates from Odin, Dudester, tux, and BleedoutBill. Hope I get to play with you guys tomorrow!  B)

Here are some highlights from my evening:

Ejgdigh.jpg

YFiikFM.jpg

1YD3sdO.jpg

JY71OhZ.jpg

LfZG2vj.jpg

xvfG37y.jpg

zWj6g60.jpg

• Like 8

Can I tan the boar hide without the barrel which isn't working for tanning right now?

I would really like to make the boarskin bag. 

For the record, the improvised leather backpack (made from the boar pelt) uses the "raw" boar pelt, not tanned leather. You simply combine rope with the pelt the same way you would make an improvised backpack out of burlap. Then add sticks, of course.

You CAN tan without the barrel using garden lime if that's what you want to do, as Creamy Cowboy already explained. With the tanned leather, it's possible to make a different bag called the "leather sack." This has 24 slots, versus the improvised leather backpack (boar pelt) having 25. Personally I think the boar pelt backpack looks the coolest of all of them ;)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

I was just on US SW 2 where I was looting one of the barracks in Zelengorsk.  I was thinking, wow, not super great but not too awful either when POOF, everything on the floor lootwise disappeared, blinked right of existance.  All the loot was gone completely, even the stuff that was just there in front of me.  I logged out and back in, nothing still.  I still have everything I had just picked up but wow, dudes that was just spooky.  If that had happened up on Green Mountain I do believe I would have shit myself.  It was NOT a server restart.  When I logged back in I could see my self standing next to myself for a few short seconds.  I got the hell out of there with a quickness but rubberbanded back into the barracks.  Didn't stick around, just bailed after that. 

So strange, never had anything like that happen before.

• Like 3

Here are some highlights from my evening:

-snip-

Man... DayZ really does look beautiful.  Do you crank your settings to take those or is your rig that beastly to play like that o_O

I was just on US SW 2 where I was looting one of the barracks in Zelengorsk.  I was thinking, wow, not super great but not too awful either when POOF, everything on the floor lootwise disappeared, blinked right of existance.  All the loot was gone completely, even the stuff that was just there in front of me.  I logged out and back in, nothing still.  I still have everything I had just picked up but wow, dudes that was just spooky.  If that had happened up on Green Mountain I do believe I would have shit myself.  It was NOT a server restart.  When I logged back in I could see my self standing next to myself for a few short seconds.  I got the hell out of there with a quickness but rubberbanded back into the barracks.  Didn't stick around, just bailed after that. 

So strange, never had anything like that happen before.

I had the same thing happen at a roadside lootsploision. I was going through it looking for food and whatever else I could find useful and it suddenly disappeared on me.

Had a good night with Dudester and Bleedout Bill tonight, through a vampiric coincidence brought to you in part by tatanko... I flipped our truck and for that i feel bad , but we didn't have any bandits ruffling our feathers so that was nice haha, we all got looted from the 'splosion piles and I think helicopters are dynamic now based on dudesters findings? who knows with those freaking things... We ended the night just chatting in the fields, this can only happen peacefully on experimental haha. Some random photos that pretty much explain our night (lootsplosions, and pitch black conversing):

kInMHCB.jpg

F1ySYfG.jpg

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 3

Just wiped a squad of 3 guys at NWAF a few hours ago on SW 0-1 .. I believe one of them was from [LOST] clan.. Anyone know these guys?

Also, I have noticed that after the server restarted and I logged in, there was suddenly no loot in *almost* any building .. but there were still random lootsposions laying around in towns. 

Animals have been difficult to come by, though I've found 1 chicken and 1 cow.

How do you cook food in an oven without burning the pot?! Do you have to put it into your hands and place it in the stove?

I have 1 cow hide, and I need to make a shirt.. Been having a hard time finding shirts AT ALL.. seems the only ones I can find are heavy/warm shirts and occasionally some check shirts. 

Tons of SKS ammo and SKS's in barracks if they spawn anything at all..

MOST tents/military areas have 1 building that seems to be spawning everything from all of the surrounding buildings. 

Lots of good stuff in Deer Stands and military sniper towers.. hunting backpacks, hunting scopes, hunting pants, etc.

Found a lot of crash sites.. I gave my buddy Hoff an AUG tonight, and he got 2 kills with it (in the fire-fight I mentioned above).. I'll upload a video of it later, but it's a really clunky example of PVP from my point of view.

For the record, the improvised leather backpack (made from the boar pelt) uses the "raw" boar pelt, not tanned leather. You simply combine rope with the pelt the same way you would make an improvised backpack out of burlap. Then add sticks, of course.

You CAN tan without the barrel using garden lime if that's what you want to do, as Creamy Cowboy already explained. With the tanned leather, it's possible to make a different bag called the "leather sack." This has 24 slots, versus the improvised leather backpack (boar pelt) having 25. Personally I think the boar pelt backpack looks the coolest of all of them ;)

Thanks, I googled it after posting and figured that out.

I stopped at the circle of big rocks buy those two houses and dropped the precious boar pelt to make the bag on the ground and it poofed out of existence. I grew pumpkins and roasted my meat buffet I'd collected, pouted a bit then went off to kill the Berizino cow tanned the hides for a vest when I get few more. Came back to the same spot I got the boar after reset and walked around for half an hour with no luck getting a second one.

I definitely had fun hunting and am looking forward to getting out tomorrow I want a boar pack for it's low profile and 5 more slots than the improvised. 

• Like 1

Are guys all from North America? I'd like to play with someone from this topic this weekend. I'm in central European time zone.

Btw,I hopped on low pop 1p server and found three barrels in one shed in Solnicny.

Are guys all from North America? I'd like to play with someone from this topic this weekend. I'm in central European time zone.

Btw,I hopped on low pop 1p server and found three barrels in one shed in Solnicny.

I think most of the regulars here are in North America.

I found 2 pristine civilian tents side by side in one house on the 1pp I play on which is also lower pop. There's something screwy with the loot blasts in the streets and some places being barren, I'm expecting another persistence wipe before long.

I'm also in the central european time zone... this weekend I'm away from my gaming pc but apart from that I'd be open for a meeting in experimental chernarus.

Oh, something I've been meaning to ask.. Does anyone know what's up with hand guards for AK and other moddable weapons? For some reason you cannot interact with them. Is there some tool needed or something? We tried a screw-driver, but no dice. 

We didn't test range of the walkies themselves, we just walked until direct chat faded away and then switched to walkies.

Your voice is played back through a radio filter, which is neat.

It's unlikely our tentception survived all the restarts, so the walkies are probably gone.

I would be interested to see if they will broadcast when switched on and placed on the ground.

You could use this to lure zombies or people away from an area and swoop in while they investigate.

How exactly do you use the walkies ?

do you equip them and use direct chat ? 

any idea on range exactly ?

any Potential to use in game cassette player plus walkie to broadcast music ?

AKM, AK74, MP5... Can't swap any handguard at all.

Maybe due to the fact that we're supposed to have random attachments, including mags with some ammo in them, spawn with the weapons eventually. We'll have the chance to find, let's say, an AK101 with a wooden handguard, plastic stock, Kashtan scope and a mag with 12 rounds left in it. Let's hope we get this in the next exp build, or maybe 0.59.

You can detach the wooden handguard by painting it black. This allows you to attach the handguard rail (which can now be painted green) but it doesnt take any attachments, so at this point it is purely cosmetic: http://imgur.com/a/bGw4s

Edited by DickHynkel
  • Like 1

Ireland here.

FYI, we were all playing on a Singapore server last night (I believe we're all from the US) and ping wasn't an issue. I guess the only problem is that you might not be on when we are. 

Add me if you want to hang out and I can get you hooked up with everyone else in case we happen to be playing when you want to play. 

• Like 2

Man... DayZ really does look beautiful.  Do you crank your settings to take those or is your rig that beastly to play like that o_O

When I played on my laptop I used to have a "high" and "low" group of settings for play and screenshots, but I have a pretty powerful rig now so that's just what the game looks like. Accelerated time also makes for lots of awesome variation in light (sunset/sunrise, night time, etc.).

I'll be on and off the whole weekend probably, and I have many of the regulars here on my friends list on Steam to make it easier for us to link up. Any time in particular you wanted to play?

(Side note: anyone from here can feel free to add me on Steam. Link in my profile.)

For a while, somewhere in .5x it seemed like fall damage had been nerfed.  Then, it seemed like it was back; however, I just fell out of a deer stand (had inventory open and was walking around in a square to see what was there at night) and took no damage at all.  Climbed back up and walked right back out; same thing.  Apparently, in .58 your toon can survive a 6' fall without sustaining substantial fractures and boot damage.  

When I played on my laptop I used to have a "high" and "low" group of settings for play and screenshots, but I have a pretty powerful rig now so that's just what the game looks like. Accelerated time also makes for lots of awesome variation in light (sunset/sunrise, night time, etc.).

I usually play on my crappy PC, but after I read your screenshot thread, I installed it on my high end rig - cranked my settings up per your thread.  Wow!  It's beautiful.  Can't see through the trees anymore with the Alpha to Coverage maxed, but at least I'll be killed in a stunning environment!

• Like 5

Can't see through the trees anymore with the Alpha to Coverage maxed, but at least I'll be killed in a stunning environment!

That's what we're all here for, right?  :lol:

• Like 5

For a while, somewhere in .5x it seemed like fall damage had been nerfed.  Then, it seemed like it was back; however, I just fell out of a deer stand (had inventory open and was walking around in a square to see what was there at night) and took no damage at all.  Climbed back up and walked right back out; same thing.  Apparently, in .58 your toon can survive a 6' fall without sustaining substantial fractures and boot damage.  

I've noticed that shoes don't damage from normal wear and tear, so the first pair or jungle boots I find (for that water-proofiness) seem to last forever.

A few nights ago I logged in near the two-story barn and immediately ran up the stairs to the top platform.  

I should know better than to play on stairs immediately after log in ...after the desync I had broken a leg and ruined boots,

so it seems we can sustain a 6' fall but not an 8' fall.

• Like 3

Havent ran into a fox until I heard it howl on the outskirts of the NWA. I kinda jumped a little.

• Like 1

Deerstands were never guaranteed leg breakers in my experience.

Good to know.  I may have just never fallen out of one before today.  My falls are usually multi-story barns and trucks on their side - or, back in the day, before railings, police stations.