Sign in to follow this  
Kamee Hamee Haaa

Hardcore Surviving?

Hello guys, 

I know, some of you will automatically say: Please, don't ask the same question again for the 2042938th time. But let me tell you this: I used the "Search" function, and I checked some of the results, but thoses did NOT answer my question, and those that did seem to be quite old (early 2014 and 2013).

Well then, here's my question: 

Me and my friends (5 persons) are looking for a server/mod which emphasizes on base-building, surviving (by which I mean NOT being killed by a player, rather freeze to death, starve, etc.) and crafting in general. I mean, you should be able to save your progress in some ways (in the form of safes etc.) but there shouldn't be loads of ammunition there, and traders are not necessarily needed. Ah, and it should be VERY VERY difficult to earn money ingame, for example sell expensive stuff etc.

Could you guys help me out? Sorry if I broke the rules of the forums, but I really wanna get started playing DayZ Mod again, but not on those PvP-based servers (of course it doesn't have to be only PvE, but you should REALLY have the urge to survive with basic things like eating, etc., if you get what I mean)

Thanks guys!

Kind regards,

Kame

DayZ Mod has no money, safes etc. That's DayZ Epoch and the chance of you finding an DayZ Epoch server that is hardcore survival, are extremely slim. The only one that springs to mind is FINALDayZ which is on the Namalsk map. It's a tough server with great PVE elements. The only way you'd get me playing DayZ Epoch is by there being no traders, tougher zombies (seeing as the Epoch devs minced them all) and scarce loot.

If you're willing to play the glorious DayZ Mod, there's a few first person hardcore servers, including A Dead Man Walking HC Mercenary. Check the vanilla servers list in the Mod Servers & Private Hives section.

Edited by cupboard
  • Like 4

I HIGHLY recommend the FINALDayZ Servers. Their Namalsk server is outstanding, constantly challenging even the most hardened veterans of DayZ. Despite the low population I find myself constantly struggling to prosper, survive against the PVE elements while simultaneously dealing with PVP threats. Basics such as eating, drinking and staying warm are a constant threat. But not in a way that seems unfair, you just have to THINK before you do. Plan out your survival. Not to mention the base building is spot on, no traders (Except one player who is currently setting himself up as a trader), no plot pole required to build.

Not to mention they have recently launched a Chernarus server that is still in development, right now it has basic hard core elements. But updates will be coming shortly!

IF this interests you but your still not sold, feel free to check out my videos on the Namalsk server here

I hope to see you on those servers soon!
  • Like 4

Whoa, thank you guys for those responses.

It does NOT have to be Epoch, on the contrary: I am probably moving away from that, since it isn't really about surviving anymore, I feel on most servers its about being the wealthiest guy. 

The thing is, that you should be able to, at least, save a little bit of your progress for the next login. You shouldn't have to start from the scratch every time you log in (that's why I mentioned safes etc.)

If anyone has more suggestions, please feel free to state them!

Kind regards

Edit: Ah, and the "A Dead Man Walking"-Server doesn't seem to have that many active players, at least according to GameTracker (Average (past month): 1) Am I getting this wrong/are there alternatives?

Edited by Kamee Hamee Haaa

I was also very sus of the finaldayz servers having epoch. But trust me when I safe being "wealthy" is barely a possibility let alone an objective. It is basically about just gathering essential supplies, and storing them. You basically have to build every single thing yourself. Safes and lockboxes can be built, but it takes a massive amount of work to do so. It will take you a solid week or two of playing to get up to that level. 

• Like 2

Hey Kamee Hamee Haaa, I'm the admin of the FINALdayZ survivor servers. When I started playing DayZ I was very taken by the hardcore survival aspects. But without the ability to settle I was restless, until Epoch was developed. I was very excited to play a version of DayZ which allowed the ability to test your own plan when attempting to settle amidst a zombie apocalypse. But I quickly found that most servers catered for the majority whom prefer instant gratification and military hardware. Traders, map markers, way-points, starting kits etc all diluted the experience so much that I decided to learn how to script and make my own server without ruining DayZ.

So FINALdayZ was born. I have been posting on a regular basis for the last two years trying to raise the servers profile; first on the Epoch forum (which generated little interest), then here on the DayZgame forum (which has been more successful). I have many committed players who play regularly, though I cannot boast huge popularity due to the servers hardcore nature.

The server is based on Namalsk. If that's not your cuppa; presently I'm developing a new, harder server based on Chernarus. It will be a few more weeks before it's officially opened, though it's in a playable/joinable state if you want to have a look.

If you want to come join us then I'd recommend joining the forum. You'll be able to meet some of the other survivalists as you may need assistance to begin with; it's a steep learning curve for many (self reliance that is ;)). I truly hope you give us a try as I'm confident I have what you're looking for...

Best of luck survivor and Stay ALIVE!

Edited by Cartoonrboy
  • Like 5

It seems that most vanilla servers don't have any base-building options. Some of the players there said that that's a main Epoch-Feature...

I guess I should look for an epoch server where you can't make money that easy and where you can't find much stuff to eat/drink, plus various other life-threatening things like multiple diseases due to cold weather, drinking of dirty water, using the wrong type of blood group for transfusion and so on - make the game more complex than it is.

Hey Kamee Hamee Haaa, I'm the admin of the FINALdayZ survivor servers. When I started playing DayZ I was very taken by the hardcore survival aspects. But without the ability to settle I was restless, until Epoch was developed. I was very excited to play a version of DayZ which allowed the ability to test your own plan when attempting to settle amidst a zombie apocalypse. But I quickly found that most servers catered for the majority whom prefer instant gratification and military hardware. Traders, map markers, way-points, starting kits etc all diluted the experience so much that I decided to learn how to script and make my own server without ruining DayZ.

So FINALdayZ was born. I have been posting on a regular basis for the last two years trying to raise the servers profile; first on the Epoch forum (which generated little interest), then here on the DayZgame forum (which has been more successful). I have many committed players who play regularly, though I cannot boast huge popularity due to the servers hardcore nature.

The server is based on Namalsk. If that's not your cuppa; presently I'm developing a new, harder server based on Chernarus. It will be a few more weeks before it's officially opened, though it's in a playable/joinable state if you want to have a look.

If you want to come join us then I'd recommend joining the forum. You'll be able to meet some of the other survivalists as you may need assistance to begin with; it's a steep learning curve for many (self reliance that is ;)). I truly hope you give us a try as I'm confident I have what you're looking for...

Best of luck survivor and Stay ALIVE!

I recently checked out your Chernarus-Server, and it looked quite nice. I'll wait and see how your server develops and then decide whether to join or not. Thanks a lot for your effort and please keep up the great work!

It seems that most vanilla servers don't have any base-building options. Some of the players there said that that's a main Epoch-Feature...

I guess I should look for an epoch server where you can't make money that easy and where you can't find much stuff to eat/drink, plus various other life-threatening things like multiple diseases due to cold weather, drinking of dirty water, using the wrong type of blood group for transfusion and so on - make the game more complex than it is.

I recently checked out your Chernarus-Server, and it looked quite nice. I'll wait and see how your server develops and then decide whether to join or not. Thanks a lot for your effort and please keep up the great work!

Vanilla does have some in testing base building systems currently in the public builds.

Vanilla does have some in testing base building systems currently in the public builds.

Is there any server which you can recommend, and which is testing that system?

Since 1.8.6 all updated servers should have it. There is a sticky topic with a small list of vanilla servers. Sorry I cant link it on my phone atm.

Is there any server which you can recommend, and which is testing that system?

Since 1.8.6 all updated servers should have it. There is a sticky topic with a small list of vanilla servers. Sorry I cant link it on my phone atm.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223589-dayzmod-vanilla-servers/

• Like 1