Dagwood

Scoped blaze versus scoped Winchester

Being that I hunt animals a lot (especially lately) and rarely run into other people, the Winchester is the rifle for me. If I find myself in a perilous situation that requires me to get a lot of shots off quickly, I've usually got a handgun or SMG on me (right now I have an MP5).

That said, when I can't find a Winchester, the Blaze is an awesome substitute. It's equally effective at long(er) ranges and is satisfying to use.

Right now I have a mod 70 with a scope, an MP5 with an ACOG and a .45 I am completely happy with the mix 

• Like 1

in your opinion,what should recoil be like? Have you ever fired a 308 bolt gun?

Yes sir, I also own a mosin and 300 win mag, also several pistols. The only gun I've shot that has recoil similar to the game is a 50 cal Barrett at my local gun range. Recoil on ALL guns ingame larger than a .22 is not even in the realm of realistic. Go check some youtube vids of people shooting from standing and prone and you will see what I mean.

Yes sir, I also own a mosin and 300 win mag, also several pistols. The only gun I've shot that has recoil similar to the game is a 50 cal Barrett at my local gun range. Recoil on ALL guns ingame larger than a .22 is not even in the realm of realistic. Go check some youtube vids of people shooting from standing and prone and you will see what I mean.

Ok and how many shooters have you played where the averge lifespan was longer than 15 minutes? If sniper rifles had minimal recoil, it would take less practice to master them and we'd all be CS sniping like pros in no time. By incorporating these unorthodox shooting mechanics, we have to practice in order to become proficient, as we would in real life.
  • Like 1

Of course, who knows when that will be.  Probably beta.

what I am trying to say is; you will not be able to keep your sights on target after shooting any full power rifle cartridge due to recoil. That is what the game mechanics are portraying.

Yesterday, playing on a full 40 person server, I went from Polana, all the way to Zaprudnoe looking for .308.  Every other time I have played .57, I have .308 in stacks, but I happened to find a Winchester Mod 70 in Orlovets the night before.  I checked every house and deer stand on the way.  I found two stacks just east of Zaprudnoe....  I shot it once at a zombie...

This one.

18467270213_08717e566b_c.jpg

I like the Winchester m70 with hunting scope. I can take out a zombie with one round.

Winchester is a good gun with good stopping power. I could see them toning down the recoil time hopefully. I'm not for removing it and I apologize for the thread derail.

in your opinion,what should recoil be like? Have you ever fired a 308 bolt gun?

They have much less recoil than a 12g shotgun. I know this because I own a g-3(308 NATO), and have fired plenty of 308win hunting rifles.

I have tried both. I personally am leaning in favor of the blaze these days. The reason is not just because of outright sex appeal, but also because of the lackluster stopping power of the .308 round. If I am setting a hasty ambush, it is likely that I won't land a headshot on the first shot. That means that I will need to land a second shot to drop them or even draw blood. With the bolt action of the Winchester, those follow up shots will be against a ducking and dodging target. With my potato computer and dayz's notorious desync, that's difficult. With a blaze, getting two shots onto target before they know what's happening is much easier, and my targets never get away free two direct hits.

I'm making this thread because I run into many more Winchester wielding combatants than blaze toters. I would like to hear others' thoughts on these two weapons, and why they favor one over the other.

Agreed. You completely lose sight of your quarry with the Winchester. Blaze is superior, but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Had my first taste of the Winchester the other day. Found one first thing on logging in pretty much. Happened to be near Cherno, so just lay on a factory roof and took potshots for a while. Got one single shot kill from probably 150m before someone spotted me and put an end to my banditry. 

It's an okay gun. I'll probably stick with the SKS.

Both are EXTREMELY noisy weapons though. Sporter is where its at if you want to pvp in silence.

Both are EXTREMELY noisy weapons though. Sporter is where its at if you want to pvp in silence.

The only experiences I've had with the Sporter have ended in my death. After emptying half a clip into a guy with no result I decided I'd rather trade the noise for the stopping power. 

The only experiences I've had with the Sporter have ended in my death. After emptying half a clip into a guy with no result I decided I'd rather trade the noise for the stopping power. 

Well it really depends on how you approached the guy. Iv seen ppl kill with that thing no problem.

Well it really depends on how you approached the guy. Iv seen ppl kill with that thing no problem.

Sure, if you get the drop on someone you can kill them with almost anything. But in a reasonably equal firefight I just can't credit the Sporter or the Trumpet. It takes really accurate shot placement to get results. Upper chest and head, and even then potentially more than two shots depending what they're wearing. I'd rather go the SKS. It's less rounds, but if I haven't killed them before I need to reload I'm probably dead anyway.  :P 

The SKS and Blaze are the only rifles I am really interested in. I'd use the Blaze more, but lag and my own patchy aim mean I'd rather take those extra 8 rounds with me.

i have played with all the scoped rifles in 0.57 i have to agree with the OP the blaize is far better than the other rifles that take the hunting scope..

1.recoil goes up so you can see you shots hit target or where they land if you miss.

2.follow up shots are way faster.

3.if you could doublefire, it would be a OHK sniper rifle(probaly why they removed it?)

the other rifles are accurate but the recoil not allowing you to see you hits or kills makes it pointless imo.

the .308 round is weak..not seen a fully energized player drop on the 1st shot that lands in my personal experiance..

but the mosin! owwww dont underestimate this beast..its ammo drops more players in the first shot than the .308 does from personal experiance..i will have to check server logs to confirm the damage from a torso shot..but it seems sks and the old mosin are better..but if you want 500m+ shots take the blaize all day.

Edited by WOoKiE_HD
  • Like 1

The Winchester recoils to hard I find to be useful in urban sniping. Much better to use a PSO AK or SVD. Or in my case, a Mosin with a PU scope. :D

The Winchester recoils to hard I find to be useful in urban sniping. Much better to use a PSO AK or SVD. Or in my case, a Mosin with a PU scope. :D

Or just a .22 sporter if your really good with it. Lol banana mag makes that thing fierce.

• Like 1

tbh. it is very hard to tell the effectivness of certain calibers in .57 due to the stats bug...

I wanted to go caliber .22 yesterday had sporter and amphibia and stuff but ditched it all for a MP5 and 3 mags for it i found in a policestation....

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

tbh. it is very hard to tell the effectivness of certain calibers in .57 due to the stats bug...

I wanted to go caliber .22 yesterday had sporter and amphibia and stuff but ditched it all for a MP5 and 3 mags for it i found in a policestation....

MP5K or an AK-47u is definitely an upgrade over any of the rifles listed here however its the problem of finding them so the more common civilian chambered guns definitely rule the roost right now as of .58.

Are 5.56 Nato rounds just being reworked or something at the moment? I find it silly that a very common military round used by most countries of the world is almost little to be found. Especially in such a heavy wartorn area.

Edited by Deathlove

Ak-74 and MP5´sare so easy and plenty everything else is rather pointless. But i might go down the .22 route again just for the challange... :D

• Like 1