Dagwood

Scoped blaze versus scoped Winchester

I have tried both. I personally am leaning in favor of the blaze these days. The reason is not just because of outright sex appeal, but also because of the lackluster stopping power of the .308 round. If I am setting a hasty ambush, it is likely that I won't land a headshot on the first shot. That means that I will need to land a second shot to drop them or even draw blood. With the bolt action of the Winchester, those follow up shots will be against a ducking and dodging target. With my potato computer and dayz's notorious desync, that's difficult. With a blaze, getting two shots onto target before they know what's happening is much easier, and my targets never get away free two direct hits.

I'm making this thread because I run into many more Winchester wielding combatants than blaze toters. I would like to hear others' thoughts on these two weapons, and why they favor one over the other.

• Like 2

Idk i never run into anybody so i wouldn't know. I wanted a Winchester but iv just been sticking with one server and they seem rather hard to find. I did find one blaze and have been using it with the scope. Good weapon for taking down zeds at long range before they can spot you. Its accuracy is increased 10 fold with a scope. I imagine its equally as lethal for pvp targets when you set its mode of fire for 2 instead of one shot.

But i have an AK 47 with a scope as well so it kinds of trumps everything if you know how to use it right. You also have to consider most encounters are placed in melee range combat. Its pretty rare to get sniped still especially with guns like the SVD and VSS still being rare as hell. I haven't tried the Sporter .22 with the scope yet. But i imagine that can beat out allot of guns especially with the mag capacity clip and how silent it can be ESPECIALLY with a bottle silencer attachment.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Totally forgot about that double fire mode! What have I been doing!?

• Like 1

Totally forgot about that double fire mode! What have I been doing!?

Conserving ammo like a survivor should? o.O

didn't think the fire mode toggle was working at the moment... can't remember where I heard that, might have been on these forums

I love the blaze, just haven't found one at the moment because I haven't been able to play for long due to commitments, it's the one I want though because it's sexy as heck

Conserving ammo like a survivor should? o.O

Even on the consistently high pop 1pp private hive I've been frequenting, .308 rounds are some of the easiest to come by. And I did zero sniping before .57, so I generally need a lot of shots to hit anything out beyond 500 meters. Luckily, maintaining two full stacks of .308 rounds has never been a problem.

@stinkenhiem

Deer stands are where I regularly spot them, which is convenient since that's also the only place I find hunting scopes.

Edited by Dagwood

Yeah I found a Winchester and scope in one on skalitsky island but I've played maybe 4 hours since this patch dropped so I'm sure with aks being so easy to come by that I'll be able to grab one soon when uni is out.

Cheers for the advice though dude, I'll make sure to check it out.

Ok so the twin barrel shotgun function where you can fire both rounds on the Blaze is not working. You guys are correct on that, however if they fix the gun to where it can do that function again im sure it will be the go to gun for allot of ppl.

Ok so the twin barrel shotgun function where you can fire both rounds on the Blaze is not working. You guys are correct on that, however if they fix the gun to where it can do that function again im sure it will be the go to gun for allot of ppl.

Even when firing the barrels individually, it's much easier to put two shots down range and on target quickly than with any of the bolt action rifles.
  • Like 2

Even when firing the barrels individually, it's much easier to put two shots down range and on target quickly than with any of the bolt action rifles.

I want to try the .22 Sporter with banana clip but im having some trouble finding the Banana clips themselves. Not sure where is should look.

I want to try the .22 Sporter with banana clip but im having some trouble finding the Banana clips themselves. Not sure where is should look.

The new one stop military convenient stores of the latest patch (now-enterable guardhouses). I'm fairly certain that's where I've seen them. If not, I'd guess that the deer stands are a good bet.

I have tried both. I personally am leaning in favor of the blaze these days. The reason is not just because of outright sex appeal, but also because of the lackluster stopping power of the .308 round. If I am setting a hasty ambush, it is likely that I won't land a headshot on the first shot. That means that I will need to land a second shot to drop them or even draw blood. With the bolt action of the Winchester, those follow up shots will be against a ducking and dodging target. With my potato computer and dayz's notorious desync, that's difficult. With a blaze, getting two shots onto target before they know what's happening is much easier, and my targets never get away free two direct hits.

I'm making this thread because I run into many more Winchester wielding combatants than blaze toters. I would like to hear others' thoughts on these two weapons, and why they favor one over the other.

Never wanna see you in an anti KOS thread lolz...

Being that I hunt animals a lot (especially lately) and rarely run into other people, the Winchester is the rifle for me. If I find myself in a perilous situation that requires me to get a lot of shots off quickly, I've usually got a handgun or SMG on me (right now I have an MP5).

That said, when I can't find a Winchester, the Blaze is an awesome substitute. It's equally effective at long(er) ranges and is satisfying to use.

• Like 2

It should not even be comparable.

One fires a .357 magnum round one fires a full sized rifle round.

If the game did away with the zeroing system it has now and instead had real scope elevation adjustments then the answer would be obvious.

It should not even be comparable.

One fires a .357 magnum round one fires a full sized rifle round.

If the game did away with the zeroing system it has now and instead had real scope elevation adjustments then the answer would be obvious.

In the game, both the Blaze and the Winchester M70 fire the same .308 rounds.

In the game, both the Blaze and the Winchester M70 fire the same .308 rounds.

Disregard what I stated.

I had the Winchester Repeater in my head.

People in my groups used to be bewildered or annoyed when I chose to stick with the double rifle over something like a mosin. [Note: they used to take the same rounds several patches ago]
Bolt action is great and all, but something about the blaze just feels really good. It's usually the first rifle I pick up, and it's usually the one I take to the grave with me. 

I haven't tried the new Winchester. I have one on one of my current guys, and haven't even fired it yet.
The iron sight looks beautiful, and five rounds like the mosin is nice. But bolt action with no scope is not something I like having. It's gonna have to feel real swell for me to keep it.

I think both are good when scoped. All depends on what you like more, 5 round capacity or a great second follow up shot. 

Never wanna see you in an anti KOS thread lolz...

I don't follow...

Recoil is ridiculous on the winchester. Very tired of that game mechanic being so far off base.

• Like 1

Recoil is ridiculous on the winchester. Very tired of that game mechanic being so far off base.

in your opinion,what should recoil be like? Have you ever fired a 308 bolt gun?

Edited by Mjones

Sporter mags are common in deer stands and general military.

Never found one at any of those places mentioned iv been to so far. I did however find one in a regular log cabin house if you believe it or not. Very strange place to find one indeed but welcome none the less. XD

The Banana clip and magazine for the Sporter in general seem rather rare to me but it could just be the server i was playing on.

The first thing I found in a deer stand in 0.57 was a Sporter 22 with a 10 round mag, but I just used the bow instead before quickly finding a Winchester and using it to get my first kill in 0.57. :)

I plan on using the Blaze as my go to gun once they fix double barrel mode however. Being able to tag someone with two shots at once makes the perfect clean takedown gun.

• Like 1