Angus-SiN

Complete Inventory Wipe on Logoff

Additionally, when this happened to me, I was rather hungry and thirsty. Logged back in, I'd managed to find some food, ate it, and watched the icon return form red to green.

Logged out and onto a different server, icon was red again. This happened numerous times with both food and drink as I moved form server to server. At one point, a zombie broke my leg just after I had eaten (again). Logging out and back into another server, I found that my thirst had, again, returned to red, but my leg was still broken. ..awesome.

I know we aren't getting our gear back, I'm not even asking that, I'm totally cool with it, but I was hoping for some kind of response on this, please, if possible? I hardly see the point in respawning (which I did, but that is what it is) and regearing if its all going to disappear again. Also, before anyone decides to remind me, yes, its alpha, yes there are bugs. I'm aware. However, asking questions about bugs, and if they the cause is known, and if a solution is coming/possible, isn't wrong. I assume that's why there's a bug report section of the forum.

Also, I'll note that, in the above, Chicago 15 is NOT one of the servers I visited. It was Chicago 110, Chicago 35, and us47.

This happened to me a week ago, but it wasn't a big deal I was a noob at the time. Now it's happened twice more today. I had just gotten some deicent stuff again after loosing my svd camo to a hacker last night, here read about it.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=31985

But yea, I guess server side data is being corrupted somehow.

This thread has provided enough tears for me to masturbate comfortably. Thank you, and welcome to a mod that is in the Alpha stage of development.

This thread has provided enough tears for me to masturbate comfortably. Thank you' date=' and welcome to a mod that is in the Alpha stage of development.

[/quote']

If it's in alpha then why not let the players spawn their own loot and just have fun? Oh wait, because then assholes like you couldn't giggle at other peoples misfortune. I hope you have a stroke.

Same game-breaking bug, happened for me all during July 10, 2012 - 12:01 AM to 4:00 AM across multiple Chicago servers. Hope this issue is noticed and there is a fix/explanation on the way.

• Like 1

Date/Time: 10/07/2012 18:15

What happened: I logged off under a tree in the middle of nowhere with all my top of the range gear and when I log back in I see "Jollyfish was killed" even though I was still loading into the server. I eventually get on and my character is alive again but in debug plains with nothing on him.

Where you were: In a forest then in debug plains.

What you were doing: Logging in.

*Server(s) you were on: US174

I have screenshots of before and after

This thread has provided enough tears for me to masturbate comfortably. Thank you, and welcome to a mod that is in the Alpha stage of development.

Interesting fetish you have there.

Happened to me today - around 0:30 CET. I connected to server and I seen something is wrong - I could see the the group indicators and I was invisible. I got scared so I logged out of that server. Then I logged on some other server and 90% of my inventory was missing.

Before - I took this image to show my friend, that I found NVG:

http://i.imgur.com/kq0w8.jpg

After - As you can see I'm missing most important parts of my inventory:

http://i.imgur.com/VSVtc.jpg

I'm playing on DayZ 1.7.2.3 servers using the 95208 beta patch.

This is pretty game-breaking. I spent a lot of time to get that gear. I wouldn't mind getting killed by player, but this is very disappointing.

It would be fine to get some official words on this.

• Like 1

Happened to me today - around 0:30 CET. I connected to server and I seen something is wrong - I could see the the group indicators and I was invisible. I got scared so I logged out of that server. Then I logged on some other server and 90% of my inventory was missing.

Before - I took this image to show my friend, that I found NVG:

http://i.imgur.com/kq0w8.jpg

After - As you can see I'm missing most important parts of my inventory:

http://i.imgur.com/VSVtc.jpg

I'm playing on DayZ 1.7.2.3 servers using the 95208 beta patch.

This is pretty game-breaking. I spent a lot of time to get that gear. I wouldn't mind getting killed by player, but this is very disappointing.

It would be fine to get some official words on this.

Exact same thing here, would indeed like some official words on this.

This has happened to me and my friend like 6 times today... we log out and bam everything is gone... Can a dev please respond to this post

Today I'm login in DE172 server or DE72... I forgot sorry (1.7.2.3/ Beta 95168). I found lake, fill my botle and logout.

After approximately 30 min I'm login back (DE172 or DE72) and... my inventory was empty .

You know, now I even don't want play. Saaaad. Yes I know, everyone can say "This is Alfa test.. what you want!?" but... (

Edited by Youri

Just happened to me, logged off for a break, logged back in and lost Alice pack/items, Main weapon DMR and NVG.

Logged in and it put me on beach, crazy thing is still have my DMR ammo minus the gun.

Also interesting, I was receiving group chat spam and was invisible also, just like the above posters.

Edited by Thrack

I noticed that everyone who had this problem, had NVG on them (same with me). Problem might be related to that? I picked mine up in the latest beta patch, how about you guys?

Also, going to respawn later this day. Let's hope it won't happen again...

My friend also had the problem of losing all his items, all he had left was the beginning gear, but he did start where he logged off earlyer. Anyways, i told him to uninstall ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead (he has Combined Operations), and then re-install them both. After he did that, i told him to launch ArmA2 and when it reached the main menu, i told him to close it. After that he had to do the same with Operation Arrowhead. So he did it. And when he was done, i told him to install Six Launcher and run the Launcher. After it installed DayZ, everything worked fine (he runs it using Six Launcher). By doing this you won't respawn, becouse DayZ uses your Operation Arrowhead key to locate where you spawn.

Here it is explained a little shorter:

1. Open your Steam.

2. Go to your Games tab.

3. (OPTIONAL): Right-Click on ArmA2 and select: "Make a backup of the game files".

4. (OPTIONAL): Right-Click on ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead and select: "Make a backup of the game files".

5. Right-Click on ArmA2 and select "Remove local content".

6. Right-Click on ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead and select "Remove local content".

7. Double-Click on ArmA2 and select "Install"

8. Double-Click on ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead and select "Install"

9. Run ArmA2 and when it reaches the Main Menu, close it.

10. Run ArmA2 and when it reaches the Main Menu, close it.

11. Go to DayZmod.com.

12. Click on "Download DayZ (Alpha Test)".

13. Click on "Six updater suite (recommended)".

14. Launch the Installer.

15. Install it on your Desktop (recommended).

16. Run Six Launcher (located in the selected folder, Desktop in this case).

17. When the DayZ launcher appears, click on "Install".

18. When optional click on "Update".

19. Choose a server (Make sure that the title says that its running on your BETA version, currently 95208).

20. Select the server and click on "Launch".

If you did all those steps correctly, then you must be able to run DayZ perfectly (with saving items).

I hope this helped alot of you!!!

***(NEWBIE) NOTE: If you closed DayZ (ArmA2) completely and you want to run it again, simply follow steps 16 to 20.***

• Like 1

This happened to me yesterday, though i thought nothing of it really, seeing as it's an Alpha, it's easy to expect these types of bugs.

The story is that, a guy came into the Firestation in Cherno and shot me in the back, I managed to get on the floor as if I was dead, he believed it due to the fact that I had just killed 5 people in that same station and was among the bodies, so i whipped out my MP5 or whatever it's called, but a whole Mag into his body and head. I looted his body and the other bodies, and at this time I was extremely happy with my self, I had 15 Mags of MP5 and an ALICE Pack With a tent and wire fencing kit for when i pitch a tent and make Base far up north.

As I crawled down the stairs because i had broken legs, I remembered the dead guy down there had Morphine, and Epi-Pen, Pain Killers and tons of food. After passing out once, I continued down the stairs, I died, somehow. So I quickly respawned in Cherno first time to get my equipment, Luckily it was still there, and so I picked it up, left the game, ensuring that there were no Zeds Or people around me. I came back on like Awwwwh yeah, I didn't even have to go to the NW AirStrip and Search the barracks for it! But I realised it was gone.My G17, MP5, All the mags and more had gone! Just dissapeared, I searched all the bodies 1 by one, making sure it wasn't in there. Unfortunately, it had dissapeared :c

Ohh well. :3 Hope there's a fix for this soon! Thanks!

Sometimes you'll log in and be in some random place too, not as bad as losing all gear, still inconvenient.

It's nice to know it's not just me i guess :rolleyes: but mine was kind of different i guess spawned in a random place with everything gone but 2 m249 mags 3 stanga sd mags and 2 grenades was strange.

Edited by M4V3R1CK

The last 7 or so times in a row.. I have logged in or changed servers and my Backpack, entire toolbelt, Primary and secondary weapons all dissappear. The only thing remaining is my main inventory.

The backpack is not emptied, it completely dissappears. I have switched servers and re-geared multiple times only to have it happen everytime I log back in. It's getting old, to say the least.

My spawn location was only effected the last log in... It only partially moved me from where I had logged out.

• Like 1

The last 7 or so times in a row.. I have logged in or changed servers and my Backpack, entire toolbelt, Primary and secondary weapons all dissappear. The only thing remaining is my main inventory.

The backpack is not emptied, it completely dissappears. I have switched servers and re-geared multiple times only to have it happen everytime I log back in. It's getting old, to say the least.

My spawn location was only effected the last log in... It only partially moved me from where I had logged out.

I have had this happen to me as well and my friend last night. Spawn else where as well

Edited by Deathbysexy

Last night same thing happened to me spawned right where i logged off, so did my friends, but i was without anything in my inventory no weapon no backpack nothing in the toll belt.... nothing.

I still have all my zombie kills (800+) so its not a "reset".

I had this character for a while now, coyote backpack, l85 and a dozen sd clips plus half a dozen reg stanag clips, m9 silenced and all the tools, no nvgs or range finders tho, but still.... a bit annoying.

I managed to get some extra gear from my friends before they had to go, so that I could re-equip this character.

not sure if this is a bug or if we logged on a server with hackers?

I'm not asking to get my stuff back, I will find other gear and still have fun doing it, but I hope this won't happen to me again.

Don't know what good it'll do to post in this topic saying "happened to me too", but it did. Logged out, 30 minutes later logged back in. Primary, secondary, backpack, toolbelt - all wiped. Still had the items in the primary/secondary inventory though.

Has happened to be twice in the last 24 hours.

You realize that, and not just because this is in Alpha state, people are here in the BUG REPORT section of the forums doing exactly what the Mod Team asks of them, submitting bugs.

BTW (to everyone else): I'm having the same issue, I was just outside Elektro when I logged out last night, logged in today and had my primary, secondary, and pack slots wiped out. I wasn't playing Chicago 15, I was on US87 last night, and not sure what server I was on today, but I am sure it wasn't Chicago 15.