Aquanoise

Make firearms less powerful

In dayz mod alot of players were complaining that the as50 could kill with 1 shot, in dayz SA there are many weapons that kill with 1 chestshot (mosin, ak, and even the .45 pistols!) it doesn't matter if the player wears vests or anything.

I think the firearms damage should be lowerd so that there will be more diversity in firearms and because no-one wants to get instakilled from a chest shot (even though its realistic)

I've taken to shots in the chest many times and lived. It pretty much depends on how healthy the person is. If they already have low blood, they're going to die much quicker. 

Plus DayZ is meant to be authentic, and while it may be annoying to not take many shots before dropping, we shouldn't be able to. We aren't tanks or Terminators, we're fragile human beings. If you don't want to die from getting shot, don't get shot.

• Like 3

In dayz mod alot of players were complaining that the as50 could kill with 1 shot, in dayz SA there are many weapons that kill with 1 chestshot (mosin, ak, and even the .45 pistols!) it doesn't matter if the player wears vests or anything.

I think the firearms damage should be lowerd so that there will be more diversity in firearms and because no-one wants to get instakilled from a chest shot (even though its realistic)

lmao, go play battlefield. The Damage is fine, it is survival. You get shot you die, simple as that. If you get shot while wearing a highcap vest it takes a couple rounds before it is ruined and you get killed. So basic rule of thumb, don't get shot or shot at. Learn how to track people and get better observation skills. This isn't a fast paced shooter game, if you don't know how to engage against a target then go cry in a corner.

The way that armor & layers of gear, as well as absorption of damage, all need to be worked on and improved. But no, in pretty much any case it's very unlikely that with nothing at all on that you'd survive a 7.62x54mmR, 7.62x39mm, or .45 ACP round - they've all got great stopping power. I do think .45s especially should be stopped better by body armor, but it's still a really powerful round. DayZ's gunfights aren't always going to be (nor are they really meant to be) tactical close-up gunfights. Sure, they might be drawn out for a long time and wearing a chest rig or a helmet or whatever might help you out a bit, but getting shot has consequences unlike a lot of other games.

Be smart and don't run around in the open, use cover often and pick clothes that help you be concealed. If you're really concerned that someone is going to kill you quickly; shoot them first! Quick and unexpected deaths have always been a part of DayZ and are honestly one of the most tense parts, knowing that you could lose your character at any moment.

Changing the damage will have absolutely no effect on the 'diversity of firearms' whatsoever, by the way. The only purpose this suggestion has is to make it easier to survive getting shot, which is not a good idea IMO.

• Like 1

Damage is fine, maybe some melee weapons needs more damage. 

I don't like in other games when you shot somebody in the back, he turns around and kill you...

Current gun damage is fine. This ain't no CoD. In real life if you get shot from a Mosin to the chest I'm fairly positive that you would die. DayZ is trying to be realistic.

Current gun damage is fine. This ain't no CoD. In real life if you get shot from a Mosin to the chest I'm fairly positive that you would die. DayZ is trying to be realistic.

Tell me more about realistic zombies -.-

I've taken to shots in the chest many times and lived. It pretty much depends on how healthy the person is. If they already have low blood, they're going to die much quicker.

Plus DayZ is meant to be authentic, and while it may be annoying to not take many shots before dropping, we shouldn't be able to. We aren't tanks or Terminators, we're fragile human beings. If you don't want to die from getting shot, don't get shot.

I have also survived sometimes after getting shot in the chest, how come that in WOBO's gun guides (which are pretty accurate) alot of weapons instakill when shooting someone in the chest?

If one thing is unrealistic in a game doesn't mean there should be space guns and lightsabers. Gun damage is fine and it is a zombie game. A realistic zombie game.

• Like 3

I have also survived sometimes after getting shot in the chest, how come that in WOBO's gun guides (which are pretty accurate) alot of weapons instakill when shooting someone in the chest?

Shot from 2 meters away? It is different than 500 meters, of course it depends on the caliber also.

• Like 1

Okay, zombies aren't realistic. The chances of surviving a 7.62x54r round to the chest are also highly unlikely. You've got the heart, lungs, diaphragm, spine. And in real life bullets don't leave nice little holes all the way through and that's all they do.

Yes, some of them ARE nice little holes and besides from the brain matter sprayed on the wall and down his head he looks fine... But when a bullet hits it causes a massive shockwave that ruptures organs, so if your shot and it passes through a lung its highly likely that you'll suffer heart trauma depending on the caliber. And don't say that's only with a 50, if a 50 hits someone in the chest they have a gaping hole the size of a softball in front and a basketball out the back. If they're hit in the leg, they lose that leg. There is ZERO chance of surviving a hit from a 50 (direct hit, we've all seen the ricochet video on YouTube)

Just like a 7.62x51 NATO round is lethal up to 800 yards. That's the near guarantee that a chest shot will kill them. Yes it's been used up to 1100 yards, but that's hitting an organ directly. The round loses velocity after 800 so much that a direct organ shot or a headshot is needed to kill (This is real life statistics by the way)

And a .22 can penetrate an Interceptor vest but an AK round won't, did you know that? It's a smaller round going at a higher velocity so therefore encounters less resistance. Shoot the Interceptor with a 12 guage slug and it snaps the plates in half, so basically whoever is behind the vest dies of blunt force trauma. Which is why in DayZ shotguns are a one hit kill in CQC, its a massive chunk of pure lead that expands rapidly and kills due to the trauma received.

#Gunnut #BallisticKnowledge

Edited by Owen.
  • Like 1

Yaaaa If you want unrealistic damage then you just might be playing the wrong game.

Shot from 2 meters away? It is different than 500 meters, of course it depends on the caliber also.

Thanks for answering for me c:

If anything, the medical system needs to be changed, and made more complex.

Get slashed with a knife? Sew that sucker up, some rags aren't going to help!

Get stabbed with a bayonet? Enjoy internal bleeding and organ destruction/failure.

Get a scrape from a zed , or climbing over a fence? Not too bad, bandage it up with some Triple-A cream and keep it clean

Get shot? Nothing can save you from a 6"+ permanent wound cavity, with the accompanying immediate blood loss, shock, and organ failure.

Yes, that sounds extreme, but what does that mean for the gameplay?

1) Play would become much "slower", more deliberate, with less running around and YOLO-ing.

2) Would promote group play, in a sense. Very few people would be able to suture their own wounds closed, much less fish around inside their body to pick out shrapnel and assorted "bits".

3) Related to the above, add "value" to a character. If someone knows how to do minor surgery, you are gonna want to keep him alive, just like you would in real life. Or, if you know you could get seriously injured, you would be more careful, or even fall back from a confrontation if necessary.

4) Finally, it would change combat to more accurately resemble real-world combat, as in, how most warfare in human history was fought: Guerrilla-style. You strike from the flanks, from surprise, at night, when the enemy isn't able to hit you back. The risk of injury is too high otherwise.

As opposed to stumbling across each other in the street and blazing rounds at each other.

Try wearing a high cap vest or plate carrier with a Gorka Helmet. You'll shake off that .308 like nothing. -_-

The most realitic way is actually to give weapons the capacity of instantly killing someone without guaranteeing it. As soon as you can 100% predict the outcome it's no longer realistic.

Maybe make guns rarer than nerfing the damage.

Also buffing a few melee weapons as well....fairly sure an axe wound would leave you unable to do the circle dance that is so common in melee battles.

• Like 1

Maybe make guns rarer than nerfing the damage.

Also buffing a few melee weapons as well....fairly sure an axe wound would leave you unable to do the circle dance that is so common in melee battles.

Or .... keep the amount of guns, but decrease the amount of ammunition. After all, there are no more bullets being produced, so the "stock" of bullets will rapidly decrease.

This would lead to more "bluffing with an empty magazine", hold-ups, or melee-with-firearms (bayonets and butt-strikes), etc.

I compleyely disagree. If you get shot by pretty much anything you're basically done, unless you're wearing protective gear or can get medical attention quickly, the latter of which is not really a common option in DayZ. But unfortunately with 0.57, it seems that the developers do agree, as firearm damage seems to be heavily nerfed.

Edited by OnionOfShame

Nobody likes getting shot.

It damages gear, and hurts your health.

I know the perfect way to reduce damage from guns.

Don't get shot.

What zombies? They are infected people not undead corpses.

Weapon damage should be as close to real life as possible for the sake of authenticity.

i would also like that the type of bullet : Full Metal Jacket or Hollowpoint/Jacketed Hollow point be taken in acount regarding damage. so far, 7.62*39mm are HP and 9*19mm are JHP, that should be taken in account.

Hello there

Id like weapons to be buffed if anything.

They're lethal things.

That's  the point of them.

Also, the same with melee. A fist fight can *really* damage/incapacitate you, let alone if using an axe/crowbar etc.

IMHO combat should be potentially deadly (even after due to infection of wounds) and avoided by both parties if possible.

Rdgs

LoK

1) Play would become much "slower", more deliberate, with less running around and YOLO-ing.

4) Finally, it would change combat to more accurately resemble real-world combat, as in, how most warfare in human history was fought: Guerrilla-style. You strike from the flanks, from surprise, at night, when the enemy isn't able to hit you back. The risk of injury is too high otherwise.

I agree with the majority of your post besides these two points. Sorry, but I don't think this is accurate at all. How did you come to this conclusion? I don't believe the majority would change their playstyle. They would probably just quit the game...

I agree with the majority of your post besides these two points. Sorry, but I don't think this is accurate at all. How did you come to this conclusion? I don't believe the majority would change their playstyle. They would probably just quit the game...

Good. If they can't handle actual difficulty, then they need to leave. Right now, the game is "hard" (AHAHAHAHAHA) for about 15 minutes.

If bullets actually, you know, killed people, or at least incapacitated the target in a realistic amount of bullets, as well as injuries requiring actual medical knowledge (suturing, tourniquets, what/when/where to inject medications, treating blood loss, etc), instead of the current "tank 5 bullets to the chest, bandage up, take a saline and eat some peaches" thing we have going on, people would actually play it carefully in combat.

Right now, with saline (which is everywhere) and enough food and water, you can go from "nearly dead" to "100% ready to go" in about 30 minutes. In "my perfect Dayz" making sure the person wouldn't die would take 30 minutes of work, on top of an extended healing time.

Healing from injuries SHOULD SUCK. It should be MORE than inconvenient. All to prompt the player to avoid getting injured as much as possible. With that in mind, they would change the way they approach combat.