Sign in to follow this  
Hawksachute

SurvivaL Please ...

Hello guys

I would like to say that DayZ seems more and more PVP ("easy") anymore... Unfortunatly I regret THAT.  I want to survive into the wild...

So everyone see this post and agree with that point of view pliz "UP" :thumbsup: ...

edit : yeah that it, DayZ, can have all features (dayZ is as real world) , so Pvp, Kos, fwepwe pwe, PvE, survival, farmring ... etc . But play Dayz have to be exigent . Like many other we love in DayZ the fuù*^k emotional feeling ^^

Why :

I was a player from OFP years later ARMA ->1.2.3, then DayZ mod and DayZ. I love Bohemia Interactive because they promote a original way to play,  I mean SIMULATION... Yes it was for restraing people, DayZ came out (and ARMA up to 600% more sale) so fashion :) and then encourage ARMA 3 !!! NOw Bohemia is BIG and popular.  But player, do they want COD, BF causual FPS ? , I think not they want to an alternative, a choice :beans: .

Curently There are many player on PVP server on DayZ, people seem like this kind of gameplay, Appear, Stuff and Fight then Die... ANd then 0 stuff around map they cry (early 0.55) . But 0.55 I loved IT ! (I fight to stay in life) (with the short list of mecanics plantation, apple treas, hunting).

I see now with 0.57 stable too many loot, completely "stuffed" in 10 min (central loot economy"??) ^^ ; and expé player who play 0.57 liked it because of this survival gameplay and do not reconized stable realse :/

To sum up, We know other "survival" arcade game like H1Z1, ARC, WARZ etc ... (very long list) But just one can provide Survival SIMULATION it's DayZ from Bohemia INt. ..

I know dev team and lead team work very hard to give us The game, and every kind of gameplay are allowed to speak (privart shard, servers, customizationserv....)

But please be concerned about a part of your fan , give us in native 1.0 a real experience of survival (playable at one or in group) where we have to fight the wild to survive...

( I'm afraid like many others of E3 announcement Xbox and PS4, and the way which take DayZ now (when we see survival game Z ->> PVP only, no survival at all (up survival/PVP together in that kind of competition), I know it 's a long way to 1.0. but if you can clarify once the survival orientation that 'll be GREAT ! )

Thx for tour attention

(and sorry for my english... I'm french :| )

Edit : Yeah 0.57 add some incredible contents/ stuff and mecanics :P  I love that. I'm talking about Balance , (balance between survival and arcade game :/  I prefer a Hard Dayz not a Bamby DayZ too easy)
For me survive days after days in DayZ need to be Hard (not only because of others players...)

Manybe when, like in the mod, we can have others "objectif" (aims .? ) to do ....

and Up if you ok :) :P

and then, a sugestion for the inventory : more realistic for me ^^ (design not good i know) (in french) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL6z-IRrMMM

pictures : http://imgur.com/a/hQWaO

Edited by Hawksachute
  • Like 8

Didn't you notice al the new mechanics in 0.57? I mean hand drills, torches, digging worms with stone knife, new fish trap and others. Survival is easy now because CLE and it is still wip. I'm pretty sure that in 1.0 (probably earlier) your dreams will come true.

• Like 3

Didn't you notice al the new mechanics in 0.57? I mean hand drills, torches, digging worms with stone knife, new fish trap and others. Survival is easy now because CLE and it is still wip. I'm pretty sure that in 1.0 (probably earlier) your dreams will come true.

I hope so  :rolleyes: ,

yes some features from 0.57 are very interesting and great, you re right  :thumbsup:  !

Some things are going in a good way, not the gameplay yet . 'll see :P

thx for your support

You can survive in the wild. If you quit going into towns, the game is exactly like you desire, except for persistence, which is disabled currently. The dev's know that some people want a farming and hunting simulator, so that is what they will give you. But they will also stack the game with M4's and SVD's for the other players. This way, they get more dollars from a larger amount of people.

• Like 2

The only real threat will be other players. 

I'm positive the survival game you desire will be there at 1.0.

Welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

I was able to write an entire guide on surviving off the land thanks to 0.57. I'd say it's coming along nicely -- certainly not worthy of complaint.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

I mean, making working bow and arrows is easier than ever as well. 6+6 rags = improvised rope, the changes in arrows and what sticks can be used for bows, etc. Even walking up to chicken coops and searching for feathers makes that part of improving arrows so much easier. Animals are scarce in this build (a known and recognized issue) but foraging, fishing, etc - it's all there. You can quite easily live off the land. Pick a nice spot waaaaay up north and set up camp, noone will bother you. You can farm, fish, trap, cut down trees to your heart's content, etc.

Hello guys

I would like to say that DayZ seems more and more PVP anymore... Unfortunatly I regret THAT. I want to survive into the wild...

Because there is just way way way to much food and a guns and ammo on every corner. I hope private  server owners can lower all that soon so there will be some nice hardcore servers. Ones where im not stepping over bags of rice to get to those 3 Ak's :P . I miss the days of the garden shovel :(

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 1

This game won't be a "survival game" until the environment is an much of an enemy as the other players, you actually have to work to keep yourself fed and hydrated, and players actually have a reason to band together, as opposed to clusterfucking in Elektro with brooms and dresses.

• Like 3

Here's what I see - right now in .57 with "times a plenty" and the new guard houses working like the mythical cornucopia giving us everything we need then doing so all over again each server reboot - I think it's a wonderful (and rare) time in Chernarus that everyone should take advantage of. Gearing up takes maybe 20 minutes tops now, and everyone should use this time to hone their skills and try out guns they might normally not find in their average adventures, especially if you're someone who avoids military bases and doesn't scour for heli crashes. These are actually very good times indeed, make them count!

• Like 7

Because there is just way way way to much food and a guns and ammo on every corner. I hope private  server owners can lower all that soon so there will be some nice hardcore servers. Ones where im not stepping over bags of rice to get to those 3 Ak's :P . I miss the days of the garden shovel :(

Here's what I see - right now in .57 with "times a plenty" and the new guard houses working like the mythical cornucopia giving us everything we need then doing so all over again each server reboot - I think it's a wonderful (and rare) time in Chernarus that everyone should take advantage of. Gearing up takes maybe 20 minutes tops now, and everyone should use this time to hone their skills and try out guns they might normally not find in their average adventures, especially if you're someone who avoids military bases and doesn't scour for heli crashes. These are actually very good times indeed, make them count!

That said, I have a friend who is waiting for the ability to control loot before he rents a server. His goal is to have a private hive where all you have to work with is what you're able to scrounge up. I look forward to playing on such a server for the challenge :) The first night of 0.57 Experimental had no loot and it was fun as hell! They just need to give us more to do first; right now your end game without loot is a campfire and roasted apples  :| (There were no animals, either, but they would only allow you to craft a few things for yourself anyway.)

Edited by Tatanko

The first night of 0.57 Experimental had no loot and it was fun as hell!

Were you on one of the bugged private servers or did that effect public as well?

Were you on one of the bugged private servers or did that effect public as well?

These were official servers on the Experimental branch. My understanding is that they were not connected to the hive in terms of loot spawning (but your character seemed to stay between restarts), so what you ended up with was a scenario where the game was working totally normal... just without any loot, animals, or zombies. It was weird, but it was fun. I imagine the same situation but with animals and zeds spawning would be even more fun, along with the means to start a garden and create some shelter for yourself.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

The current state of dayz .57 is that of an easy going, loot is everywhere, pew pew arcade game. Canned food is everywhere, water bottles are everywhere, combine this with the new slow degradation of hunger and thirst, and you can put nearly unlimited sprinting on the list. Nearly zero zombies, and you have the coastal pew pew lovers dream version.

hopefully the re-implementation of persistence will change that, cause after about 30 min. i get bored and log out, because of the easy/loot is everywhere vibe.

.57 is candydreamland in greece, not Chernarus.

PS: but i love the additional survial tools they implemented, and the changes to cooking and bow/fishing pole building.

• Like 1

The current state of dayz .57 is that of an easy going, loot is everywhere, pew pew arcade game. Canned food is everywhere, water bottles are everywhere, combine this with the new slow degradation of hunger and thirst, and you can put nearly unlimited sprinting on the list. Nearly zero zombies, and you have the coastal pew pew lovers dream version.

hopefully the re-implementation of persistence will change that, cause after about 30 min. i get bored and log out, because of the easy/loot is everywhere vibe.

.57 is candydreamland in greece, not Chernarus.

PS: but i love the additional survial tools they implemented, and the changes to cooking and bow/fishing pole building.

Exactly :P up :)

edit : sorry , I didnt notice "ou have my beans" !

Edited by Hawksachute

How do you make the drill? I still haven't figured that one out.

Exactly :P up :)

If you want to "up" a post herr we give beans to show we like a post. Its the button above "quote" its a picture of a can of beans and blue button "you have my beans!"

• Like 1

Bark from a tree + a stick. Google would be a faster way :D

• Like 1

Edit double post

Edited by cash81

If you want to "up" a post herr we give beans to show we like a post. Its the button above "quote" its a picture of a can of beans and blue button "you have my beans!"

Wait... Beans are the same as liking a post? I always get this "person x liked your post" so actually they just press the give beans button? I have been searching for a "like" button for so long but couldn't find it...

• Like 1

Wait... Beans are the same as liking a post? I always get this "person x liked your post" so actually they just press the give beans button? I have been searching for a "like" button for so long but couldn't find it...

Lol yeah its the same thing if you look under the persons post itll say "cash81, tatanko, and 3 others liked this post" or whatever.

• Like 1

Just as easy to do it this way to. XD

Lol yeah its the same thing if you look under the persons post itll say "cash81, tatanko, and 3 others liked this post" or whatever.

Thanks man now my life is all happy and sunshine! (not really)

Nearly zero zombies, and you have the coastal pew pew lovers dream version.

They gave us survivalists new means to get up and away from the coast even faster! We'll be just fine hiding in the woods while everyone else does their PvP thing for a while ;)

Specifically, Oak bark. Unfortunately, Birch bark will not work to make a hand drill kit. Both kinds of bark can be used as kindling, however. In theory, that means 2 oak bark + 2 sticks = lit fireplace.

• Like 1