Sign in to follow this  
venkman302

Debating coming back, where can I see. 57 change log?

Hey all. Title says it all. Someone link an older or upcoming post of the change log please? The stable forum area isn't list equipped at the moment.

Worth coming back? Been gone four months. And ARK seems to already have far more features so debating....

You don't come back, you play the game when you want. Since you already paid for it.

Also its alpha not a finished by far game yet.

So coming back is a tad confusing statement to make hence the alpha state.

Gameplay is a lot smoother. FPS are a lot higher. There are a ton of new and awesome features.

That being said, I don't know why you "left" in the first place. Until full release, there will always be flaws. 

Big issues that might stop you from fully enjoying the game:

• Persistence isn't working as intended, but it should be working again very soon.
  • The CLE (central loot economy) is in early iterations, so there are some quirks to it, and is certainly not working as intended.
  • Zeds are still pretty buggy, again, not working as intended, nor are they currently in abundance.

I've heard a lot of people say this is the best patch in a while, so if you want to check out how things are going, now is probably a good time. However, I expect we're on an upswing in terms of working mechanics and features, so it should only be getting better from here on out. At least until a new feature is introduced and breaks everything completely.

You don't come back, you play the game when you want. Since you already paid for it.

Also its alpha not a finished by far game yet.

So coming back is a tad confusing statement to make hence the alpha state.

Wow, an angry night sneak up on you buddy? Let's get a bit more positive here, ok friend?

I'm simply saying, I've been playing other games for the last four months and am debating coming back. If you don't think k coming back is appropriate...

Returning, re engaging, getting re pumped work? I'm excited to re check out my, as you pointed out, purchased game. I'm a professional working in Newport Beach. Not too worried about my $20 purchase here captain.. Just worried about if the game had changed a good amount in alpha over the last few months to warrant playing it again.

The other posts right under yours were exactly what I was looking for and quite helpful. Since its "definitely world's better than the last patch" and "fps are alot higher" as two people stated above, I am now more excited to come back.

So, long story short, I'm more excited. Yay! Is that OK?

Figured that I'm allowed to consult others to better assess where to put my own time?

Edited by venkman302

It's much better.

A lot more stuff to do like crafting and farming.

You can craft all you need for surviving. Don't need to depend on luck finding the right stuff.

Still a long way to go, though.

Wow, an angry night sneak up on you buddy? Let's get a bit more positive here, ok friend?

I'm simply saying, I've been playing other games for the last four months and am debating coming back. If you don't think k coming back is appropriate...

Returning, re engaging, getting re pumped work? I'm excited to re check out my, as you pointed out, purchased game. I'm a professional working in Newport Beach. Not too worried about my $20 purchase here captain.. Just worried about if the game had changed a good amount in alpha over the last few months to warrant playing it again.

The other posts right under yours were exactly what I was looking for and quite helpful. Since its "definitely world's better than the last patch" and "fps are alot higher" as two people stated above, I am now more excited to come back.

So, long story short, I'm more excited. Yay! Is that OK?

Figured that I'm allowed to consult others to better assess where to put my own time?

To elaborate, in case you missed .53 since that was like maybe 3 months ago.  That to me and my group felt like basically the best the SA had been since the alpha started.  It seemed closest to the mod, in that vehicles (the single truck currently implemented) were pretty abundant, gear seemed about right and encounters were plentiful and interesting.  On our private hive at least.

Then they hit us with .54 which messed up some performance and stuff, and then .55 was just awful.  So .57 feels like things are potentially getting back on track.  There's still issues for sure, but I think the potential is back to have a good time.

I suppose it depends on what you want out of the game too though, to me I want the mod experience with better mechanics and so I enjoy pvp and prefer lots of loot over no loot, and don't care about a lack of zombies.  For others they want basically the opposite though.  Hopefully a happy middle ground will be the eventual outcome.

Hey all. Title says it all. Someone link an older or upcoming post of the change log please? The stable forum area isn't list equipped at the moment.

Worth coming back? Been gone four months. And ARK seems to already have far more features so debating....

Sounds like you gave already judged things.  

Come back when its released and then re-judge it, that'll be my advise.

EDIT: holy shit... never heard of ARK, just googled it.  You seem to be comparing ARK & Dayz in some way or another... leads me to think you will never enjoy Dayz, seriously, I'd call it quits on Dayz.. its heading to a fairly brutal 'realistic' experience and many many are going to really hate.  Especially all the 'fps shooter rambo squads'.. i'm looking forward to their tears. :)

Edited by MadTommy

Same thing with me. Came back after some months to check whats is new. Saw that the game had a 1GB or so update yesterday on stable.

Same laggy crap as before. Waiting for the next patch.