boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

just played dayz after few months again. its looking amazing. did you work on the graphics? :o

No. But your config specs must be different.

It'll just get better and better.

No. But your config specs must be different.

It'll just get better and better.

it looks like lensflares changed and it got allover more depth when looking onto mountains with the sun e.g. :) but yea hopefully it will get even better for example the sea still looks like plastic (realism haha)

Okay folks i didnt have the internet for 5 damn weeks straight.. what did i miss ? any improvements to zombie ai ?

Okay folks i didnt have the internet for 5 damn weeks straight.. what did i miss ? any improvements to zombie ai ?

You literally did not miss a single thing, maybe come back next year or so...

• Like 3

I'm really itching to get back into Dayz, since there were quite a few additions, since I last played. And word on maybe getting a stable update after maintenance tomorrow? 

This is regarding Private Server BEC Commands.

Were the #Restart and #Shutdown commands disabled in that small patch a week or two ago?

I'm really itching to get back into Dayz, since there were quite a few additions, since I last played. And word on maybe getting a stable update after maintenance tomorrow? 

I just want some actual zombies in this zombie game man !! I'm tempted to try exp actually.. maybe there is a zombie over there somewhere :D

I just want some actual zombies in this zombie game man !! I'm tempted to try exp actually.. maybe there is a zombie over there somewhere :D

Few and far between, not sure yet if they respawn at all or if they stay gone for a 12hr restart cycle or are even replaced then.

Jesus christ. Rust devs are making you guys look like complete fuck ups. I LOVE this game and yet nothing is being done to it. While other games in Alpha are releasing new updates on a weekly basis, I come here too see absolutely fuck all done every week... Pleeease Devs get your shit together. Put the hard drugs down, and finish the game. Get on your coke binges after the jobs done.

• Like 1

Jesus christ. Rust devs are making you guys look like complete fuck ups. I LOVE this game and yet nothing is being done to it. While other games in Alpha are releasing new updates on a weekly basis, I come here too see absolutely fuck all done every week... Pleeease Devs get your shit together. Put the hard drugs down, and finish the game. Get on your coke binges after the jobs done.

seal of disproval sir. if the developers were as loveless as you are the game would suck so get your own shit together, or maybe your butt outside and worry about sth more important

Hello there

Vast amounts of changes have been made and updates are common.

Educate oneself before one rants or one looks silly.

Lastly, play nice and keep the angst down or Ill hand out suspensions.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Educate oneself before one rants or one looks silly.

A man wants not to educate oneself. A man must un-educate onself before a man can become anybody. A man doesn't know what a man wants and is not ready for the task at hand! A man is probably very confused now ;)

...I really need to take a forum break. Having fun though, having fun!

Edited by S3V3N

Don't like this inventory system, it's more broken than it was, can't put any item in your hand but if you press G you suddenly throw it an it vanishes, yeah that's quality, just died 3 times because i couldn't equip an item.

Don't like this inventory system, it's more broken than it was, can't put any item in your hand but if you press G you suddenly throw it an it vanishes, yeah that's quality, just died 3 times because i couldn't equip an item.

You might not realize it but probably everyone active in this forum has had success in playing this game in this version.  Yes, we encounter bugs and annoyances but we are able to overcome them and have a meaningful session of play for the most part.  That doesn't reconcile with your account of the game and I suspect it may be more the way you are playing it than the game itself.  Do you think this is possible?

You might not realize it but probably everyone active in this forum has had success in playing this game in this version.  Yes, we encounter bugs and annoyances but we are able to overcome them and have a meaningful session of play for the most part.  That doesn't reconcile with your account of the game and I suspect it may be more the way you are playing it than the game itself.  Do you think this is possible?

Basically this. This has been the best stable version yet by far and I have logged soooo many hours lol

Basically this. This has been the best stable version yet by far and I have logged soooo many hours lol

If they can fix that glitch in the experimental that makes you drop your weapon at seemingly random times and most often without a chance of getting it back/finding it again, this next stable is gonna bring Dayz back to the masses. Because, the CLE in experimental is seriously good! Even without zombies,I am having a really good time in experimental. The problem with hotkeys and weapon dropping is incredibly annoying, but I expect this to be fixed and then make it to stable. I also get the best framerate in experimental ever, so I think zombies will make a comeback soon and the game will be more complete than it ever was. I can't wait for the stable release, because stable is simply the best to play with friends. Easier to get on a server together.

• Like 2

Main issue I run into on .57 is weapons disappearing randomly when dropped. 

Main issue I run into on .57 is weapons disappearing randomly when dropped. 

They actually do not dissappear, they are moved. Unfortunately its hard to know where to, sometimes the entrance to houses, sometimes a place where you earlier moved things in your inventory. This bug still exists in 0.58 exp where its even more common.

I for one am not liking the dispersal of loot if someone cannot make it far enough in land to get a good rifle to bad for them the removal of ALL loot from northwest airfield is asinine if someone can make it that far in land why shouldn't they get something to reward them for their efforts. now just find your nearest roadblock and then head to berezino seems like you guys didn't think this one through again.

It isn't that It is unplayable or that I will have no success Its that you dont even need to learn the map anymore just stay on the coast and head to berezino  just stop by the roadblocks on the way why would you want to leave the coast now? In other words your so called fix had a backwards effect. instead of people learning the map no one ventures off the main road on the east or in the south and can have the same weapons as those who run all over the map trying to get gear.

Edited by Gunnaboom

I for one am not liking the dispersal of loot if someone cannot make it far enough in land to get a good rifle to bad for them the removal of ALL loot from northwest airfield is asinine if someone can make it that far in land why shouldn't they get something to reward them for their efforts. now just find your nearest roadblock and then head to berezino seems like you guys didn't think this one through again.

It isn't that It is unplayable or that I will have no success Its that you dont even need to learn the map anymore just stay on the coast and head to berezino  just stop by the roadblocks on the way why would you want to leave the coast now? In other words your so called fix had a backwards effect. instead of people learning the map no one ventures off the main road on the east or in the south and can have the same weapons as those who run all over the map trying to get gear.

The current loot dispersal system is very temporary - a placeholder until the devs come up with the mechanics of a more equitable system....  which funny enough should be arriving any day now.  in 0.58 Guardhouses will no longer be lootgasms, military loot will be focused on the north and west, mostly civilian gear will be along the coast, etc.

This is one train you missed by a long shot but your complaint is quite legitimate by the standards of many of us here.

EDIT:  Ha!  I said "very temporary"...  sure, if you consider 10 weeks since the last release as "temporary"  ;)

Edited by OrganGrinder
  • Like 1

If they can fix that glitch in the experimental that makes you drop your weapon at seemingly random times and most often without a chance of getting it back/finding it again, this next stable is gonna bring Dayz back to the masses. Because, the CLE in experimental is seriously good! Even without zombies,I am having a really good time in experimental. The problem with hotkeys and weapon dropping is incredibly annoying, but I expect this to be fixed and then make it to stable. I also get the best framerate in experimental ever, so I think zombies will make a comeback soon and the game will be more complete than it ever was. I can't wait for the stable release, because stable is simply the best to play with friends. Easier to get on a server together.

I have been playing a good 5-6 so hours of exp in the last week and I never encountered weapon dropping tho doesnt hand to hand weapons count ?

My frame rate is alot better on exp aswell and i can run the game graphics high and my oh my it loox awesomes.

I could never guess when the infected will be back but hopefully soon.. I really hope they can push the numbers to at least what we had back in the mod days 

I have been playing a good 5-6 so hours of exp in the last week and I never encountered weapon dropping tho doesnt hand to hand weapons count ?

Then you have not met any other survivors. Because at the moment, when you enter a certain radius, you will start putting your weapon away. If you are double carrying or have no space currently in your inventory, you will drop the weapon in your hand. And not always at your feet, but sometimes in a very random spot somewhere near you. It also happens when you chop wood, as your inventory is automatically filled with long sticks and you have no place to put your axe. You will just drop it then and carry a useless stick with you, until you remember that happens.  

I went hunting and lost a crossbow and a knife within the first minutes of skinning a buck and a few deer. I got it figured out now, but in the beginning the bug was really annoying. And it still needs a fix before going on stable. 

Edited by S3V3N

Maybe I am being to expectant that it should be more like the mod. I know in the mod 100 meters would trigger loot and Zombie spawn the current system is clunky and should be triggered instead of always existing and so should the zombies. make room for the dynamic events such as zombie Hordes, Vehicles, and helo crashes with zombie guards. the system was there in Arma 2 and should be there for DayZ as well but it seems they left out the triggers from this game.

If they utilized triggers for loot and zombies you would see a huge Performance gain and not as much need for optimization. The triggers would handle the loot spawn as well as loot wipe once the Player(s) leaves the area. Maybe a 10-30 minute timer for loot and zombie wipe. 

It would be great to have a world with static loot but when the server has to handle all the players, the loot, the zombies, loot and zombie spawn Maybe the headless client that is available for Arma 3 could be a welcome addition as well.

Edited by Gunnaboom