boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Netting is spawning. I gathered this up when I did a coastal sweep from corner to corner and back. I did this over the course of two days and in 4 sessions. I began each session after a restart.  I figured there are approximately 33 boat spawn locations. Some are very close to each other and could be considered one location but were separated enough for me to call it.  Most boat locations are coastal but you can also find them at Black Lake.

BTW, now that I’ve completed the run, if anyone wants netting let me know.  I have no desire to make a ghillie suit. Without persistence I need my backpack to carry my garbage.  This is a 1PP character and I have no burlap. 

Dude, burlap is easy to find and you should, at least, make a gun wrap for that AK.  You have the Kashtan so no worries about obscuring the iron sights.

I haven't checked the entire forums but do fish fillets ever get fully cooked, or do they stay raw?

I tested it last day..

It change when u steak it, but the text is still raw fish fillet so it's a bug for sure.

I hope they balance loot and add in more zombies, and fix tents so it saves after server resets, eta? :)

Servers down? or is it only bugging out for me?

EDIT:

Nevermind, working again. I take it the C96 doesn't spawn still? Or has anyone managed to find one?

Edited by Santa fox

Servers down? or is it only bugging out for me?

Last I looked, it was Wednesday.

• Like 1

Servers are on again,but there is no loot on public servers and everytime when i switch servers my character reseted.My friend has the same problem..And btw servers are very laggy....

Servers are on again,but there is no loot on public servers and everytime when i switch servers my character reseted.My friend has the same problem..And btw servers are very laggy....

Experiecing the same, every time I get on a new server, I apparently spawn with a new character. No loot, either.

Yep I had same experience. Looks like servers are offline again atm.

Possible update coming?  There's some new activity on steamdb

https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app&q=dayz

Hicks posted on twitter that we should see experimental early next week.

Personally I am bracing myself for the possibility that the new audio module, animations system, and other major additions left to be put in place, will create some really bad bugs.

Also, I selfishly hope infected numbers come back to 0.55 levels or higher soon!

• Like 3

- The hunting scope on a Sporter is not accurate - the bullet hit slightly above the target with the hunting scope. (I tested it with the same height with and without hunting scope and it's a difference indeed.)

Hicks posted on twitter that we should see experimental early next week.

Personally I am bracing myself for the possibility that the new audio module, animations system, and other major additions left to be put in place, will create some really bad bugs.

Also, I selfishly hope infected numbers come back to 0.55 levels or higher soon!

I'm looking forward to exp also especially the new 1pp skeleton & animations,

I suppose the bugs will be inevitable if they implement everything at once ...

but personally I hope they do it that way, amid the complaints of 'unplayable, broken, ruined and i know it's alpha but', it'll still get sorted out.

• Like 3

Oh man, I just realized.... I want right shoes and left shoes, right gloves and left gloves.

I can't be the first to suggest this.

They should take independent damage and be mix and matchable too, because why not.

• Like 1

Oh man, I just realized.... I want right shoes and left shoes, right gloves and left gloves.

I can't be the first to suggest this.

They should take independent damage and be mix and matchable too, because why not.

this would be great for me, cause i have two left thumbs on my hands  :blush:

Edited by wasnu

- The hunting scope on a Sporter is not accurate - the bullet hit slightly above the target with the hunting scope. (I tested it with the same height with and without hunting scope and it's a difference indeed.)

Hmm that is odd. The first thing I did was switched the scope down to 100M and I got to about 100M from a zed and popped him in the eye. That was 4 days ago. I was doing terrible at 500M and I ran out of .22 so I ditched it and went back to my model 70.

I know I should have played last night but the library called and said the season 1 of "The 100" was finally in so I could come get it. Hehehehe. I watched some "World War Z" before bed and realized how much I missed fighting hordes of zombies. They had really fast zombies and crawling zombies and ones that just started chomping their teeth as they heard a sound. It would be cool to find a zombie locked in a car or locked in a closet in a house, tied to a post, chained to a fence, caught under a car wreck, wriggling under a bus. :-O 

• Like 1

I know I should have played last night but the library called and said the season 1 of "The 100" was finally in so I could come get it. Hehehehe. I watched some "World War Z" before bed and realized how much I missed fighting hordes of zombies. They had really fast zombies and crawling zombies and ones that just started chomping their teeth as they heard a sound. It would be cool to find a zombie locked in a car or locked in a closet in a house, tied to a post, chained to a fence, caught under a car wreck, wriggling under a bus. :-O 

That would indeed be cool. I understand they have basically taken zombies out (for the most part) while they fix things, but yeah having z's in unexpected places would make for more exciting game play I believe. As it is now z location and mechanics are too predictable. Why not have z's in houses, or in vehicles, or wherever? In a zombie apocalypse people would have died and turned in all manner of places, not just outside wandering around.

• Like 2

Tell me the secret of where to get the akm/101...

Go to a helicopter crash after a restart, get shot, respawn. Go to a helicopter crash after a restart, get shot, respawn. Go to a helicopter crash after a restart, get shot, respawn. Eventually you'll get lucky enough to get away and have a nice new 101. Now you'll have to go back for the mag. Rinse and repeat.

Seriously I've not see one but friends have told me they appear and crash sites. Good luck.

• Like 3

Go to a helicopter crash after a restart, get shot, respawn. Go to a helicopter crash after a restart, get shot, respawn. Go to a helicopter crash after a restart, get shot, respawn. Eventually you'll get lucky enough to get away and have a nice new 101. Now you'll have to go back for the mag. Rinse and repeat.

Seriously I've not see one but friends have told me they appear and crash sites. Good luck.

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for an AK-101. Terminal ballistics of 5.56x45 being probably not much better than 5.45x39, and AK74's being much easier to find, not to mention ammo and mags. But I guess it's something to do... treasure hunting DayZ style  :P

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for an AK-101. Terminal ballistics of 5.56x45 being probably not much better than 5.45x39, and AK74's being much easier to find, not to mention ammo and mags. But I guess it's something to do... treasure hunting DayZ style  :P

all those guns are fun to use but just be ready to have 5 zombies on your ass that weren't there when you scouted the town. and don't think about going in to a house or on top of a building to nail them from above because they have re-learned how to shift through doors once they hear a gunshot.

Hi guys,

i would like to know if all the helicopter crash sites are active on they are random. Yesterday i realized i was near one on this crash site and i had nothing to lose so i went there to check but there wasn't any helicopter at all.

I thought i read some pages ago that all the sites active and were spawning stuff ....

Thanks

Tell me the secret of where to get the akm/101...

i found many at guard houses,where you can enter inside now :)

• Like 1