boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

To add to bios observation (without quoting of course) i find the notices "i am slowly warming up) seems to be on much shorter intervals. As in, a constant stream of temp updates (cooling/warming). Anyone else notice? Anyone else find it distracting? Lol

I couldn't properly take a screenshot while near a fire because "I'm quickly warming up" kept spamming in the bottom, ruining the shot. I can't wait for the new UI that was posted a while back is finished. (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224386-dayz-sa-hud-concept/)

I really appreciate the fact that z's now make noise when they see you and start running after you. Sure, it sounds like a pack of them even if it's only one, but I'll take that any day over the dead silent ninja z's that you don't know are there until they knock you upside the head.

They had to overcompensate for the silent zeds in the previous patch. A big "we're sorry" from the devs to the players.

So since this patch I was on a private server and found some nice stuff and server restarted when I was in a house and now I am under the house. I can not vault, hitting V does nothing. I have tried getting right up near a barrier with open ground past it and hitting v and logging out and back, I've tried crawling, swinging my axe etc. I've tried hitting w while logging in. That guy is hosed, isn't there a suicide command now?

Logged into another private server and started there and wow do I have a lot of bolts for my crossbow! Found a chicken and now I have meat, feathers and bones. Smooth play, I do not allow any autoswapping of any kind to avoid weird glitches that seem to follow you once they start. I found a leather kit and repaired my hunting backpack. I have all sorts of cartridges for lots of guns I don't have. I figure when someone pops me, their gonna say "Jackpot baby!" ding ding ding ding ding......

I'd suggest never logging out in one of those 2nd story only houses (I think there are green ones and red ones). Every time I've logged out in one of these houses, I've spawned in under the floors.

Edited by tux

Any idea if they are going to release a fix for any of the biggest bugs currently in 0.57?

Tux >>> The ammo box now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

BioHaze >>> The protector case now occupies 6 slots and holds 6 slots.

Beloved Comrade >>> the first aid kit now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

I can also confirm that the first aid kit now occupies 4 slots and holds 4 slots.

I'm surprised that the stable folks (those who did not play 0.57 Exp) haven't yet noticed that the capacity of the taloon pack has been nerfed.

To cut to the chase, these seem to be intentional changes which, presumably (with the exclusion of the pack), partially address the abuse of multiple items being nested inside of each other.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if similar changes occur with vests and the plate carrier pouches.

They already have changed the plate carrier pouches, they now take up as much space as they store (2x5 vice 2x4).  Can't fit them into the M65 anymore, you have to have a mountain or hunters ruck to carry them until you find a carrier to attach them to..

The problem with the nesting idea is that now you can put anything into the ammo box or the first aide kit, whereas before you could only put loose ammo into the ammo box or medical items into the first aide kits.

It would appear that plate carriers spawn only out at the prison island along with all forms of police clothing.  Have not seen them anywhere else. 

Haven't seen a battery or a holster for the plate carrier.

Good news on the Hunters Pants, been finding them in school gyms, of all places.

I don't even bother with military bases or airfields anymore, waste of time and a sure place to get wasted (not the fun kind of wasted either).  Hell, I've gotten all the way out of Berezino with an AK74 (with a magazine) and plenty of great gear, didn't even go into the police station.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

So since this patch I was on a private server and found some nice stuff and server restarted when I was in a house and now I am under the house. I can not vault, hitting V does nothing. I have tried getting right up near a barrier with open ground past it and hitting v and logging out and back, I've tried crawling, swinging my axe etc. I've tried hitting w while logging in. That guy is hosed, isn't there a suicide command now?

Logged into another private server and started there and wow do I have a lot of bolts for my crossbow! Found a chicken and now I have meat, feathers and bones. Smooth play, I do not allow any autoswapping of any kind to avoid weird glitches that seem to follow you once they start. I found a leather kit and repaired my hunting backpack. I have all sorts of cartridges for lots of guns I don't have. I figure when someone pops me, their gonna say "Jackpot baby!" ding ding ding ding ding......

Try this, log out with a weapon in hand, log back in and then hit v, you should drop the weapon and NOT be able to recover it.  Then take another weapon in hand and put it away.  When I did this I not only got out from under the house I got my weapon back too.

I couldn't properly take a screenshot while near a fire because "I'm quickly warming up" kept spamming in the bottom, ruining the shot. I can't wait for the new UI that was posted a while back is finished. (http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224386-dayz-sa-hud-concept/)

They had to overcompensate for the silent zeds in the previous patch. A big "we're sorry" from the devs to the players.

I'd suggest never logging out in one of those 2nd story only houses (I think there are green ones and red ones). Every time I've logged out in one of these houses, I've spawned in under the floors.

Unfortunately, some servers don't provide adequate notice of a pending re-start. You just get a "No Message Received" notification and you're kicked. 

Unfortunately, some servers don't provide adequate notice of a pending re-start. You just get a "No Message Received" notification and you're kicked. 

Lost a plate carrier with pouches, a canteen, a kitted FNX and 2x AK74 mags to this last night while I was doing some inventory maintenance.  I had JUST gotten that plate carrier and pouches married up and was fixing to move out.

• Like 1

They already have changed the plate carrier pouches, they now take up as much space as they store (2x5 vice 2x4).  Can't fit them into the M65 anymore, you have to have a mountain or hunters ruck to carry them until you find a carrier to attach them to.

Haven't seen a battery or a holster for the plate carrier.

Pouches - Thanks, someone already pointed that out. I haven't seen them for 2 weeks +/-.

I did see a plate carrier holster a couple of nights ago. IIRC, it was under one of those small blue/green trailers. I was a freshie at the time, so I had no place to put it.

No idea if this bug has already been mentioned, but if you have a piece of clothing in your inventory and you doubleclick on an item on the ground (like a can of whatever) the game will put that item into the piece of clothing in your inventory. If you try to put a jacket with a can in it (for example) into your inventory, however, you can't. Not sure which of the two is intended and which isn't. 

• Like 1

Lost a plate carrier with pouches, a canteen, a kitted FNX and 2x AK74 mags to this last night while I was doing some inventory maintenance.  I had JUST gotten that plate carrier and pouches married up and was fixing to move out.

Bummer, dude!  :(

(videos)

Ahem  may be 300, 400 and 440 yrds but id not want hit with a 22lr from 500m  

BTW on the side of a box to .22lr it says dangerous range of 1.25 miles I know, I own one :P

Nice vids.

Yes, some hotter, higher speed .22 ammo, like the 1640fps 32gr CCI Stinger, may indeed wound at these distances.

But I wouldn't imagine there'd be many of those laying around - what we have in DayZ is probably your el-cheapo plinking stuff.

There are two other things in question here:

1. What scope will have enough elevation knob range to compensate for .22's inferior external ballistics - at 500 yds the come-up is already 70 MOA, and most hunting scopes have a full adjustment range of 60 MOA or less. A canted scope base may get you another 20 MOA, but even that's not enough to dial in past 500 or so.
  2. At these ranges, what's the accuracy going to be, really? A very light round-nose bullet like this, with a shoddy BC (about 0.12), will start losing accuracy to external factors (such as wind) very quickly once it loses enough velocity. In one of the videos, they shot a 1'x2' wooden board at 440 yds, and got 3 hits out of 10, which isn't very impressive.

No idea if this bug has already been mentioned, but if you have a piece of clothing in your inventory and you doubleclick on an item on the ground (like a can of whatever) the game will put that item into the piece of clothing in your inventory. If you try to put a jacket with a can in it (for example) into your inventory, however, you can't. Not sure which of the two is intended and which isn't. 

Yeah, you can no longer manually drag something into a piece of clothing in the inventory, but you can double click, or click/take. there is no way to see what is in the piece of clothing, without removing it from the inventory and no way to put the clothing back in inventory, without emptying the pockets.

ATM, it's pretty awkward. I expect that this is just a transitional phase.

Nice vids.

Yes, some hotter, higher speed .22 ammo, like the 1640fps 32gr CCI Stinger, may indeed wound at these distances.

But I wouldn't imagine there'd be many of those laying around - what we have in DayZ is probably your el-cheapo plinking stuff.

I would expect that in Eastern Europe, high velocity and hyper velocity .22 Rimfire ammo would have to be far more common than .308, 5.56, .357 and .45ACP, combined.

Accurately Putting lead on target at 800m with a .22 Rimfire (as reported in the WOBO vid) is a little fanciful. I'm not saying that a .22 round wouldn't travel that far and I'm not saying that it wouldn't be an unpleasant experience if it hit you. But, hitting anything smaller than a barn at that distance would be extremely challenging. 

.22 may, or may not be a one shot fight stopper, depending on the specifics of the wound, but in the apocalypse, any seemingly minor wound could readily prove to be fatal if infection gets a toehold.

Something I didn't mention that I haven't seen brought up otherwise was the abundance of Makarovs and their magazines.

I had wondered why a .38 handgun wasn't more common, especially in police stations and police cars.

Now it seems you can find many in the stations and cars and the magazines are common on guardhouse steps.

Considering how often players neglect this weapon, and how many I've seen, at this time it's probably the easiest sidearm to get up and running.

I'm looking forward to the CZ version of the .38 Special as that should also be common and well, it's a classic....

when .57 experimental closed out makarovs and mags (i had 6 magazines) were very common along with the 380 smg RAK in police stations i think that this is the goal for them eventually. we may see that trend return in .58 ex.

Try this, log out with a weapon in hand, log back in and then hit v, you should drop the weapon and NOT be able to recover it.  Then take another weapon in hand and put it away.  When I did this I not only got out from under the house I got my weapon back too.

Thanks but I can't vault.

AKM can now accept Suppressor East. Just an FYI.

YeRrMlV.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

AKM can now accept Suppressor East. Just an FYI.

YeRrMlV.jpg

Can attach them to AK74 and Krinkov also. Have found several Suppressor East but the pistol cans must be hiding with the batteries somewhere.  

1st bash on stable last night... So glad to have my 1pp server back ;)

Performance was so good I was able to juice up the graphic settings which made me immensely pleased.

Guns in every house, food abundant. It's like a dream for now... Did see a few Zeds and trucks. Still trying to find a hunting scope, checked every feeding shack and deer stand on my route from Kamy to Vybor last night but no joy :(

Had a very unfriendly encounter with a hidden gunman who tried to chase me down but I lost him. Had a few clear shots at survivors who had no idea I was stalking them but I just can't seem to pull the trigger..

Had the item unable to pick up thing but dragging it into hands and/or leaving the building and coming back in solved this. Other then that no problems to report. Great patch. Looking forward to 0.58 exp ;)

Look on top of school roofs ;D I found 2 today one in a feeding shack and the other on a school roof.

Can attach them to AK74 and Krinkov also. Have found several Suppressor East but the pistol cans must be hiding with the batteries somewhere.  

We have found several thus far. One was at a heli crash and another was at a...damn it. It's like the only residential building I can't find a picture for. Front door is offset to the right of a one level rectangular house. When you walk in, there is a small room with a closed door right in front of you that you can't open. Sometimes there is loot in this room laying on the floor. If you walk through the door to the left, there is a table & chairs, a small table up against a wall, a tall dresser/cabinet in the corner, and a stove. There is also another unenterable door. In this same room, there are two windows that you cannot shoot through. I can't for the life of me think of what someone might call this building and it isn't on the wiki under residential buildings.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

leather sewing kits no longer fix vests or shoes. found that out the hard way :(

Did they buff crossbow? i 2 shot a player while juking a whole 30 sporter mag.. 1 to the leg and 1 to the back of his body. He was fully geared too with a shit tons of food, water, medical supplies and ammo for his sporter and mosin. Cant blame me, he was the one who shot first when i was looting. Definately my fav gun right now.. if only i could loot the arrow from his body. XD

Thanks but I can't vault.

neither could I but hitting v made me drop the weapon I had in hand

Pouches - Thanks, someone already pointed that out. I haven't seen them for 2 weeks +/-.

I did see a plate carrier holster a couple of nights ago. IIRC, it was under one of those small blue/green trailers. I was a freshie at the time, so I had no place to put it.

pouches are at wrecked HMMWV's and the new guard houses.

has anyone make it to prison island yet?

Yes, several times. Why?