Sign in to follow this  
SMoss

Status Report - 09 Jun 2015

Distribution zones are very stupid! There must be a several red zones! With this zoning will run all the players at one point while ignoring the rest of the map.Blue zone must be removed at all. It covers the best stay in the city making them meaningless. Return the second airport, why it has become useless

i see it like this weapons wise :

- as mentioned, the map shown is a WIP

- zones will be fine tuned, with a final map way more "dotted". look, the prison island is zone1/zone 2, i can't imagine it will stay that way ;)

- i'm confident zone 1 does not mean you can't find weapons and you still have a very low chance to find a high end weapon, its not 0% .

- it might work like this weapon wise : zone 1 low end weapons have high chances of spawn : double barrel, sporter, P1, IZH-18... zone 2 low/medium end weapons : repeater, blaze, CR527, CR75, mosin... zone 3 SKS, CR75, magnum, MP 133, PM73... zone 4 AK74, FNX45, MP5K, AK101. that does not mean that a AK74 can't spawn in a zone 2, just that chances are low.

- ultimately, players will be mobile on the map and raid differents zones, it will mimic what we used to see with the legacy loot spawn with highest control on items

Edited by Zboub le météor

While i'm unsure about zones too, i can see its merits.  

It won't work as you say.. not all players are interested in high end military gear many will be more than happy with weapons etc that can be found elsewhere.  When i saw the zone map, my 1st thought was I won't be going to the red area any time soon.. if ever!  Not my cup of tea to be in areas where shoot at 1st sight dominates.  And i'm certainly not alone in that thinking. 

Thing is, it is just reducing possible playstyles even further. This is like posting a sign "deathmatch, please this way". It's moving away from sandbox. But this doesn't make it a better first person shooter either. Therefore the map is toohuge and player count too little. The map is basically asking for a sandbox game, zoningwill make it from a 95% deathmatch game to a 99% deathmatch game. Add to that longer and longer range scopes and you see where we are heading. It's only my preference, but I don't like it - I'm cool with other people liking it.

• Like 1

Holy wow, guys you need to re-read the reason and explaination of CLE zones. Read it very slowly.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2

Holy wow, guys you need to re-read the reason and explaination of CLE zones. Read it very slowly.

Thanks, I did. I evern understand it mostly, even though English is not my first language. But which part of "It's only my preference" in my post was so difficult to understand for you?

Or do you just like to drop into a conversation, add nothing to it input-wise but your opinion on other people and leave?  Well, if it makes you happy, I guess I'm cool with that.

• Like 1

Just a question regarding vehicles:
How will respawning be handled? Currently, the vehicles spawn, get taken and hidden in the forest until the next wipe. Do you guys have any plans for that problem?

Sorry noctoras, should have quoted drufel. I don't even want to get into it with him.

Also, I don't know about putting a death match meter on the game development. That's perspective, 100% of the time I fear players, but it rearly turns into a "death match", I play survival.

I think most people now are going to look at the zone map and picture sprinting to the red zone. It's possible now, yes, but we're not playing dayz now, it's just a preview really. It's player progression, the key will be what it takes to progress there, not that zones are there, but what it takes to get there, which we really don't understand now. Once fatigue, persistence, full infected are in, it's going to take time to progress across the map.

This is the most exciting part of CLE.

In order for the design and environment teams to be fully free to create a comprehensive, living breathing world - we first needed to begin to have fine and robust control that can be rapidly pushed to all servers.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but to me living breathing means changing, that sounds great. Edited by Coheed_IV

Dear Devs, I would like to ask you one question. How many people are working on the game? 3 or maybe 4? You've talked about Loot Economy so long ago. Same about vechile parts...

Dear Devs, I would like to ask you one question. How many people are working on the game? 3 or maybe 4? You've talked about Loot Economy so long ago. Same about vechile parts...

That's not a question, that's more like an insult.

I am really happy the devs have decided to let us turn persistence off - if only Fragnet actually let us do it. They are claiming that it's been enforced by you (BI), that persistence should remain ENABLED. And we're on a private shard meaning we can either reset loot manually or get lootsplosions. Could you tell them what's what, please?

Edited by Sinnaman

You would walk around thinking this with your socket wrenches and bag of food, and i would murder you to feed my kids. 

In a new york minute.

Yeah, I'll call bullshit on that statement. When was the last time you murdered someone in cold blood my friend? Last week, last month, two years ago? It just cracks me up how people imagine (key word is "imagine") they would react in a real world situation without ever having been even close to such a situation in normal life. Killing is hard for the great majority of people on planet earth, it isn't something most of us can do in a "New York Minute". If my son was starving I wouldn't necessarily murder another human being so he could live. If I had to do something like that it certainly wouldn't be easy by any means.

Thing is, it is just reducing possible playstyles even further. This is like posting a sign "deathmatch, please this way". It's moving away from sandbox. But this doesn't make it a better first person shooter either. Therefore the map is toohuge and player count too little. The map is basically asking for a sandbox game, zoningwill make it from a 95% deathmatch game to a 99% deathmatch game. Add to that longer and longer range scopes and you see where we are heading. It's only my preference, but I don't like it - I'm cool with other people liking it.

I think you're missing the point man, this is a very rough outline of how things may flesh out, just as Brian said, it isn't concrete. The devs will gather data and change things based on what the data is telling them. Not to mention there is still a chance to find high end items outside of red zones (perfect example, there will not just be a single red zone like we saw on the example map). You need to relax a little and give things a chance to naturally progress. In the end we're all going to get the game we want (that's the whole point of allowing people to create mods).

Yeah, I'll call bullshit on that statement. When was the last time you murdered someone in cold blood my friend? Last week, last month, two years ago? It just cracks me up how people imagine (key word is "imagine") they would react in a real world situation without ever having been even close to such a situation in normal life. Killing is hard for the great majority of people on planet earth, it isn't something most of us can do in a "New York Minute". If my son was starving I wouldn't necessarily murder another human being so he could live. If I had to do something like that it certainly wouldn't be easy by any means.

What would you suggest I say here that could be taken seriously? Any attempt to convince you would just come off as petty keyboard warrior nonsense. 

But if you think people wouldn't in crazed hunger driven desperation kill to save themselves and their families, then you just plain wrong.

I just hope with the performance improvements we'll have support for Vive or Oculus Rift in the next 6-9 months.

Haven't been playing for a few months already, gotta get back into the game, so many changes..

Everyone interested in this subject should immediately Amazon a copy of "On Killing" by Grossman. It's the definitive work in the field thus far. The following summarizes a portion of his work http://www.killology.com/article_agress&viol.htm  Human beings are quite incapable of being certain how they will react in highly stressful, atypical situations. What drastically changes this is realistic, repetitive training that makes the stress controllable, and the situations typical. People not realistically, effectively trained to kill human beings will very often choose not to kill other human beings, even when it is in their own best interest, even if the other human being is perceived as trying to kill them. Human beings are not wired to murder each other.

Most Dayz players, in a real world world apoc. would tend toward reclusive non-violent survival, even to their own detriment. KOS would be rare.

Edited by johngalt
  • Like 1

So after all this wait tents are still useless. This is absolutely alpha...

fixed that for ya... :)