Sign in to follow this  
reobebo1

True or Lie (DayZ for Mac)?

People say that the Devs will make DayZ on Mac after it has been released. Is it true? It doesn't really matter if it true or not because I was just wondering and they are also making it for the Playstation 4. If you DayZ lovers waiting for Mac verison, but can't wait? You can go play Mini DayZ.

Mac Joke: If Apple is making cars, will Windows be included too?

I think the main problem is that we're on DX9 right now, but they are working on porting it to DX11 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). This should allow for the game to be played on UNIX machines (Linux, Mac, etc).

I wouldn't count on any of this happening before full release, beta if we're lucky.

As for Playstation, I'm sure it would be possible, but I personally don't think any game made for PC then ported over to console works out too well (e.g. Half-Life series/orange box, America's Army, etc). In fact, most of the games I've encountered that were ported from console to PC worked out very well either. Again, I wouldn't count on any of this until after full release.

they are also making it for the Playstation 4. 

This is confirmed by I believe dean rocket himself. It was released on his twitter a little while back. And oh boy did people have a fit about it. But yes, that is confirmed. As about linux or mac, I believe that is also true? But I could be completely wrong about that.

A rather random train of thought you have there.

'Are they gonna do this?  Actually I don't really care, are they going to do that instead?  The people waiting for this should play this instead.  Random joke about this'.

Yes, they are going to make a PS4 version, don't expect it until after the full release of the PC version.

Extremely unlikely. Bohemia hasn't developed any games for Mac besides Arma Tactics, and since DayZ will be using DirectX, they'd have to use a new renderer (along with porting everything else.)

Is this the second DayZ Mac post I've seen on in the same day?

Something's out there.

To answer the question.

The mac cannot support DayZ atm.

If it becomes compatible somehow in the future, then yes.

Edited by therandomredstone

Will it be possible in the future for my Toyota Prius to be able to tow a battleship?

No? Lazy engineers!

• Like 5

You guys stop asking the additional non show-stopper features until they give us the finish product. God knows it might be another WarZ...hope not 

People say that the Devs will make DayZ on Mac after it has been released. Is it true? It doesn't really matter if it true or not because I was just wondering and they are also making it for the Playstation 4. If you DayZ lovers waiting for Mac verison, but can't wait? You can go play Mini DayZ.

Mac Joke: If Apple is making cars, will Windows be included too?

Dean said they would consider it, not that were were going to do it.

I've been playing DayZ on a Mac since Oct 2012. Bootcamp!

• Like 2

I've been playing DayZ on a Mac since Oct 2012.

I did not know that. Not bad.

I did not know that. Not bad.

It was a great ride with the G5 (never had a single issue), but the new MacPro's are complete shit. Getting a driver error that crashes to desktop on every single game known to man. Some nights its fine, other nights its bad...very random. Been in talks with Apple for weeks and to me it looks like bad engineering with the AMD drivers they made.

I wouldn't recommend playing with a current MacPro. The little AMD GPU's they're using are meh.

Building a PC in the next few weeks. I'll keep the Mac for video editing, but using Windows/Bootcamp for gaming is a thing of the past I'm afraid.

• Like 2

I think the main problem is that we're on DX9 right now, but they are working on porting it to DX11 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). This should allow for the game to be played on UNIX machines (Linux, Mac, etc).

I don't see, how porting from DX9 to DX11 makes it possible to port the game to UNIX compatible machines. What you meant is OPENGL. So the PS4 port actually might be the path for all those Apple and Linux users.

• Like 1