So I got into the mod from standalone a few days ago. After starting to know how you do things and stuff in the mod I started wondering how long is the time between updates/patches? Do patches come monthly?

Also does your character/tent/stash get wiped on updates?

how long is the time between updates/patches?

Depends on the time of the people working on the project at any given time and how much is going into the patch.

Do patches come monthly?

Just about. Take a look at the announcements section to see how often patches come out.

Also does your character/tent/stash get wiped on updates?

Depends on the server. This is different to the Standalone, as the Database containing the data of your character and such is being handled by the server-admins - not the developers.

• Like 1

i've never had any issues with my stuff like tents bases or vehicles getting deleted myself. just make sure you find a good server and also find a fair admin thats all i'm gonna say on that topic. glad to see more folks on the mod.

Kichilron pretty much covered it.  Patches tend to come out once every 2 months or so.  The more people helping and testing over on the DayZ GitHub the faster they roll out.  As for character wipes, that's not a thing in DayZ mod for the most part.  I've been playing on the vanilla server US434 and I still have hidden stashes that I planted almost a year ago and I don't recall losing anything from my character on a new update.  Sometimes they have to change existing items in your inventory.  For example, when blood types were introduced, all "blood bags" that were in inventories/stashes/tents turned into "O- blood bags" which are a universal donor.

Yeah, also, unless you get super unlucky, your tent should be there between updates. this is why some people back when i started playing kept their Thermal AS50s after they got removed from loot lists. Just had them stashed up. most were hacked in after a point though. Still, unless they remove a item from the games code itself, you should keep everything in your tent.

EDIT: 420th post.

Edited by Perigrin

I wonder if there's any of the original AS50s still floating about on the last few public servers

Well, the public hive went down months ago so there's no public servers anymore.  Also, when removing items during a patch I believe they replace existing instances of the old item with a different one.  Either way, if someone did somehow get a .50 cal gun into the game (by hacking), the ammo was set to zero damage, so someone could shoot it but it wouldn't do anything.