Sign in to follow this  
krihelion

Whats the point of this?

Last time i actually played was in January, it was alright then, but the only loot we ever found was the elusive "dragon horde" server. There still was not much.

But the thing that has been preventing us from playing again, is there is simply not a single thing to loot. I log in once a month and loot Berezino, it is really dumb how that character that has been there for all this time, has still yet to find a single piece of loot after looting the entire town. I would love to play, but whats the point? You don't enough food to run North without dying, and I doubt there is anything up there either. 

Is this going to be addressed? The game is not worth 5 cents right now, because its unplayable. 

The devs switch things around to see how changing mechanics changes real world player behavior... you're right, as a game it's not worth 5 cents right now and that's because it's not a game, it's an alpha. If this were a finished game I would be pissed too. At this stage in development we can and should expect things to change drastically over the course of the coming months, partly as a result of our participation as supporters and alpha testers.

If you're finding "you don't enough food to run north without dying" then maybe you should try and change the way you play instead of repeating the same failures over and over.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey
  • Like 1

The devs switch things around to see how changing mechanics changes real world player behavior... you're right, as a game it's not worth 5 cents right now and that's because it's not a game, it's an alpha. If this were a finished game I would be pissed too.

If you're finding "you don't enough food to run north without dying" then maybe you should try and change the way you play instead of repeating the same failures over and over.

There is nothing to do on a game that has absolutely no loot, is your reading comprehension not up to government standards? As I have said, I have looted every building of a major town, finding NOTHING, not even a single item on multiple occasions. This is not a problem with how I play, its a problem with the game. 

Its hilarious how you guys still white knight the DayZ devs, this much progress after 2 years is why I regret buying this every day, and why A2 DayZ servers still out populate SA.

There is nothing to do on a game that has absolutely no loot, is your reading comprehension not up to government standards? As I have said, I have looted every building of a major town, finding NOTHING, not even a single item on multiple occasions. This is not a problem with how I play, its a problem with the game. 

Its hilarious how you guys still white knight the DayZ devs, this much progress after 2 years is why I regret buying this every day, and why A2 DayZ servers still out populate SA.

Hello there

Dont insult other members. First and last warning.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

You can pretty regularly forage enough apples/berries to sustain yourself until you move inland. Major cities along the coast are almost always looted. That's where everyone starts as a fresh spawn. So trying to loot the major starting cities over and over is in fact a problem with how you play. Good luck survivor.

• Like 1

There is plenty of loot on this game. Even on experimental servers, which have significantly less than on stable.

I honestly do not have any idea how you could possibly be finding no loot whatsoever. It's virtually impossible, assuming you actually look for loot. If you search large cities that have a tonne of traffic, of course you're not going to find much/anything. Everybody else already looted it. Try looking where people aren't constantly going. Your example is worthless because, as you stated yourself, it was a major town.

The game needs work. Loot needs work. But it's actually pretty damn difficult to starve in this game. It's difficult to die of dehydration. It's impossible to find no loot, if you actually look for it in any kind of logical way. Don't expect to get fully geared going in to a single city. It's really that simple. However, I am inclined to believe that you are grossly exaggerating, as literally everywhere has loot that people don't pick up. Books, syringes, IV starter kits, etc. That's all loot. That is most certainly there. If you venture out of the major cities, which have already been looted dry, you'll have absolutely no problems finding items and surviving.

It always bothers me how many people complain about there being literally no loot, or no way to survive. The vast, vast majority of the player base has no real issues with either. You are the outliers - and you are doing something wrong. We are all playing the same game.

Claiming that there is no loot then complaining when we point out the fact that we all know that's entirely wrong is just silly.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 3

You have 650 posts and you are complaining about what the point of it all is?

Have you learned nothing?

• Like 3

I. Blame. YOU.

..//..

still yet to find a single piece of loot after looting the entire town

..//..

You looted the whole of Berezino without getting shot at ?

- that is seriously strange

• Like 2

But the thing that has been preventing us from playing again, is there is simply not a single thing to loot. I log in once a month and loot Berezino, it is really dumb how that character that has been there for all this time, has still yet to find a single piece of loot after looting the entire town.

Turns out staying in one place (one with high player density and loot frequency to boot) and waiting for the loot to come to you is not a viable survival strategy.

You may try picking apples as you travel to a place that hasn't people spawning there all the time.

Dear OP:

You've done the same thing, multiple times and failed according to your account of it.

Maybe try something else?

• Like 2

the further north/inland i moved, the more often i found things. not necessarily useful things, but a higher rate of loot. also try different servers. as stated above some servers are broken/programmed to have very little loot.

and hey, if it doesnt matter or there is no point, then go ahead and try to run north and die. maybe you will get lucky and spawn inland and find something. surviving literally means having to change what you are doing to keep going. dont take the easy route out and just log out when your character gets hungry

best of luck,

[0pZ3D] Hairy_eyeball

Is this going to be addressed?

Yes!

You have looted a town that has multiple spawn points for it. As people start/restart they run through that town and loot what they can before heading inland where more loot is available.

I started on a server today and left the coast immediately. I headed for a town not typically on anyone's route and walked away with: backpack, gun, ammo, military jacket, hunting pants, matches, fully hydrated and energized, misc items for survival, and basically geared enough to survive for a pretty long time. Tiny town, 2 zombies, no one had been there in a while.

Berinzino = Lot's of someone's have been there recently, many zombies, no loot.

You need to change your tactics.

this much progress after 2 years

Ohohohoho ok.

I've encountered a sever before that was bugged.  Fresh spawned, absolutely NO items spawned in (not even 'trash' loot), only thing that was working was zombies, which I had to fist fight across electro and halfway to Mogil.  Think I made it halfway to Novy before a zombie knocked me out and ate me.  This was a long time ago but it may not have been fixed.

If you come across a server where there are literally no items at all, not even "trash" loot as mentioned, then please submit a ticket with the server ip + port numbers so the guys can have a look at the server: http://feedback.dayzgame.com

• Like 3

I've encountered a sever before that was bugged.  Fresh spawned, absolutely NO items spawned in (not even 'trash' loot), only thing that was working was zombies, which I had to fist fight across electro and halfway to Mogil.  Think I made it halfway to Novy before a zombie knocked me out and ate me.  This was a long time ago but it may not have been fixed.

yup, saw servers like that on numerous occasions, normally i just change server and find loot when i spawn again

maybe the hive connection is just kaputt

Think I made it halfway to Novy before a zombie knocked me out and ate me.

I think we should be able to skin, quarter and eat zombies as well. And get nasty side effects from it.

I think we should be able to skin, quarter and eat zombies as well. And get nasty side effects from it.

Yes please!

OP went in every single room in every house in Berezino once a month since January and found not one piece of loot.. no shoes.... no books.... no hats....?

What indeed is the point of YOU playing THIS game?

Is this going to be addressed? The game is not worth 5 cents right now, because its unplayable. 

you are in the wrong forums mate. Reddit is over...uhm..there...

Whats the point of this?

there is none..our grand-grand parents whould be super dissapointed knowing, us, wasting out precous life on this shit here...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Or use their "natural deodorent :P" to avoid getting noticed by zombies, like in Walking Dead :)