r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.6.1

We are in the middle of testing a new launcher should make it easier for players to find vanilla only servers.

http://www.dayzmodLauncher.com (alpha version).

Launcher? For Vanilla Dayz? Maybe I am missing something. Why fragment the few servers with another launcher? Shouldn't the Steam DayZ:Mod show Vanilla servers by default? I know Squadron has good intentions. But it's so much easier to just install DayZ:Mod from Steam and select your server. And that launcher signature is invalid.

Launcher? For Vanilla Dayz? Maybe I am missing something. Why fragment the few servers with another launcher? Shouldn't the Steam DayZ:Mod show Vanilla servers by default? I know Squadron has good intentions. But it's so much easier to just install DayZ:Mod from Steam and select your server. And that launcher signature is invalid.

The problem with the steam build is the addons folder you cant just download dayzmod and then have it run without an error we know this has been an issue for sometime but BIS has no fix for it yet. The launcher fixes this issue it also fixes the issue with finding a vanilla server.

Not sure how it fragments the servers any updated vanilla server can be added.

The problem with the steam build is the addons folder you cant just download dayzmod and then have it run without an error we know this has been an issue for sometime but BIS has no fix for it yet. The launcher fixes this issue it also fixes the issue with finding a vanilla server.

As a workaround you can copy the addons folder from your Arma2 directory into your Arma2OA one. With this you can launch DayZ mod from steam and connect directly to the server... Or you if you prefer a more clicky version, you can have an hyperlink. Check my gaming homepage and click the DayZ mod banner on http://xa.ilganna.ch, steam will launch DayZ for you. (be sure to copy the addons folder).

@R4Z0R49: Thank you very much to fix issue #531, but I think you need to apply it also to the V3S Ural, since it has the same inventory capacity.

Thanks and you have all my beans :)

Edited by ilganna

aye that's the way most of us have been doing it for a long time. But newer players are having trouble trying to both launch the mod and find the vanilla servers. However they can still use any other launcher they wish its just filling the gap we have atm.

Like i say any updated vanilla server can be added without any issue.

We are in the middle of testing a new launcher should make it easier for players to find vanilla only servers.

http://www.dayzmodLauncher.com (alpha version).

I had to run as admin in win8.1 or it didn't do anything.

How do servers get added?

just pm myself or amber ip:port:steamqueryport 

How does one sharpen a dull knife?

I've been meaning to try this myself, but I kept finding a replacement knife beforehand.. I "heard" you need a brick for sure and possibly a bottle of water...

Find a brick and right click on it.

What?  Could you go more indepth into what the issue is with this?  I downloaded the mod through Steam, launch from steam, and have had no issues at all.  Several months ago I copied my addons folder over to get JSRS to work, but before that I could launch from Steam and join vanilla servers with no issues.  Is this a new thing?  I've been recommending downloading and launching from Steam all over the place, including my in-depth "how to" post on Reddit.  Does this not work?  Have I been misleading a ton of newcomers to the mod?

No this has been an issue with the mod version for a long time with a clean install.

So what you're saying is, if someone decides today to buy ArmA 2: CO and installs it and DayZ mod through Steam, they can't join any DayZ mod servers through Steam?  If that were the case wouldn't the mod be *completely* dead by now?  Are all the new people currently playing people that use launchers or knew how to copy over the addons folder?  If that's the case then I need to come up with a new "how to" tutorial because I've been telling everyone to install and launch from Steam for months.

Your making it sound like its a new issue its been there from the day the mod started. If you look over the troubleshoot section you should find lots of posts about this.

We have a temp fix for the issue just use a launcher of some sort.

On another note feedback about zed changes to movement,loiter,attack seems to be very positive so far still a few little issues we need to resolve.

What?  Could you go more indepth into what the issue is with this?  I downloaded the mod through Steam, launch from steam, and have had no issues at all.  Several months ago I copied my addons folder over to get JSRS to work, but before that I could launch from Steam and join vanilla servers with no issues.  Is this a new thing?  I've been recommending downloading and launching from Steam all over the place, including my in-depth "how to" post on Reddit.  Does this not work?  Have I been misleading a ton of newcomers to the mod?

I also use the Steam version of the mod with no issues, as does everyone that I play with.

You don't actually need to copy the folder over if you don't feel like having everything on your drive twice by the way, you can just use a symbolic link. :)

So what you're saying is, if someone decides today to buy ArmA 2: CO and installs it and DayZ mod through Steam, they can't join any DayZ mod servers through Steam?  If that were the case wouldn't the mod be *completely* dead by now?  Are all the new people currently playing people that use launchers or knew how to copy over the addons folder?  If that's the case then I need to come up with a new "how to" tutorial because I've been telling everyone to install and launch from Steam for months.

There's multiple different thread about this issue already and most people can easily find a solution for the problems - seeing as it's a pertty common error when installing DayZ, which is why there's not a lot more threads about it.

Just google "dayz_anim requires Ca_Dubbing_CounterAttack" or "cannot find chernarus.wrp"

I also use the Steam version of the mod with no issues, as does everyone that I play with.

You don't actually need to copy the folder over if you don't feel like having everything on your drive twice by the way, you can just use a symbolic link. :)

That's correct or you can run a bat file there's a good few different ways

Hmm. Just yesterday I did an completely clean install of Arma2OA and DayZMod via Steam and fired it up with no issues at all. *shrugs*

Hmm. Just yesterday I did an completely clean install of Arma2OA and DayZMod via Steam and fired it up with no issues at all. *shrugs*

its to do with steam not always adding the registry values for ca due to permissions. if the registry entries are there it will run combined ok if they are not then it does not know where arma2 is to load. 

Could anyone link me the tutorial to start the server? 

I already downloaded all the files from this thread and the github repo.

I also use Steam version of A2.

Edited by bha2597

Your making it sound like its a new issue its been there from the day the mod started. If you look over the troubleshoot section you should find lots of posts about this.

We have a temp fix for the issue just use a launcher of some sort.

There's multiple different thread about this issue already and most people can easily find a solution for the problems - seeing as it's a pertty common error when installing DayZ, which is why there's not a lot more threads about it.

Just google "dayz_anim requires Ca_Dubbing_CounterAttack" or "cannot find chernarus.wrp"

Okay.  It's all in the wording.  Razor said:

you cant just download dayzmod and then have it run without an error we know this has been an issue for sometime but BIS has no fix for it yet. 

which made it sound like you can't download via Steam and launch from Steam at all.  Many of us installed and launch via Steam so I was trying to figure out what is going on and make sure that I'm not misguiding newcomers to the mod.  From this post it seems it only affects certain people:

its to do with steam not always adding the registry values for ca due to permissions. if the registry entries are there it will run combined ok if they are not then it does not know where arma2 is to load. 

I'll amend my "how to" post on Reddit at some point to include the solutions for this issue for the people that run into it.  Thanks for the info.

i see 1.8.7 is shaping up nicely  :)

with all the additions and attention the sidearm is getting, would it also be possible to have fast switch added as well. switching to sidearm currently stops the player from running and melee and primary fast switch happens flawlessly. Having to have the player stop and switch to sidearm can be frustrating especially when you are getting chased by zombies.

really looking forward to the next version. you guys are doing a great job.

Edited by m0tzilla

Ive forwarded the request onto foxy he's dealing with animations.

Hopefully if time allows we will be looking at getting the map sorted as well.

Ok, so I know this could be a noob couple of questions but I don't really understand.

I really want the update that adds the shovel and stuff, I know it's being made, but has the update come out and the post updates are what is being added every small update. Or is that what you guys are adding, but that is a list of things that will be added in the final update?

Also, is there a way to test out and see if the things work when you add them in if it the seconds case.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225520-dayz-mod-187/= Rolling changelog for next release.
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225450-dayz-mod-1861/= Current Released stable

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ= Source Code.

Once we have a branch ready to test we will push it too steam other wise you can compile the source code.