Sign in to follow this  
cornholio308

Ways to properly understand weapon sway

I think it's pretty safe to say the developers have little to no knowledge of firearms considering how awful you represent weapon sway in the game, No offence its just clear to see. So I think I should give you guys some valuable information. If you guys want to mimic real life body movement, try use the same method as mo-cap for animations, but simplify it. Let me explain

Jog or exert yourself until you are out of breath, stand 10 meters away from a wall. Take a weapon "real if possible as it has the proper weight" and point it at the wall, there should be a laser attached to the firearm "Don't over think it just duct tape it on". Now simply record the dispersion you are experiencing. "Try hold the thing as straight as you possibly can" Repeat this but the second time hold your breath.

And there you have it.. a real life representation of how a civilian "I know you devs like to use this term" handles a weapon while out of breath. Everything I have explained is simple to do and is far more accurate than using your imagination to get it right. Only laziness is stopping you from doing this. 

Edited by Cornholio308
  • Like 2

I think it's pretty safe to say the developers have little to no knowledge of firearms considering how awful you represent weapon sway in the game, No offence its just clear to see. So I think I should give you guys some valuable information. -snip-

I think a number of the devs have military backgrounds and fair amount of firearms experience in general.

Constructive ideas like yours are welcome.

Attitudes like yours towards their work are not.

That being said, this is not a bad idea.

• Like 1

Even though it can be annoying, my only issue with weapon sway is that it punishes the "good guy" more than the "bad guy" in most situations.

Otherwise, it's just a little bit more learning curve.

Edit: Removed the mean bits. 

Edited by creature