boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

For now. What ErichZann meant was with the CLE, the correct one, not the legacy loot system we have.

With the CLE, it will be possible to control loot distribution for admins. More survival roleplay servers might have less items overall, while some more PVP inclined servers could be packed with military grade gear. This doesn't affect the public hive, as it will be restricted to private servers. No server hopping possible. Also, it can also mean that for some events, admins will be able to completely disable spawning of certain items. Example: Spawning only pistols and revolvers.

This is pretty far down the line I guess, since 0.57 stable sill have legacy loot system with persistence disabled.

I may have misunderstood his intentions, but it looked to me that he was saying, who needs CLE, when there are already plenty of high loot servers, where one can get geared up. While there are, in fact, servers which are advertised as "High Loot" they do not address the shortcomings of the legacy / place holder loot system. They merely underscore the point that legacy loot is broken and it needs to be fixed. The solution that the devs have adopted is the CLE.

I think that many may be concerned that CLE is a step backwards, but this is only the first iteration of CLE. One must first learn to walk, before he can run and that analogy applies to any piece of software, especially one as innovative and complex as CLE.

• Like 1

OK, so far so good. But that means there has to be some kind of protection against people who are switching shards to get into someones base. Or you just can't have a base :P

"Ghosting" for now only happens on the public shard servers, same with the server hopping to get gear.

And no, you can't build a base right now, only makeshift camps with tents, campfires and backpacks.  :)

Honestly I'm not sure to understand all the things about CLE. Maybe is because I'm dumb but could someone translate it too me in simple terms ?

I've also another question : I'm playing on exp and actually I cannot find anything to eat except apples. I cannot find a weapon or a bag. I cannot find an animal to kill. Actually i cannot find nothing.

Is this normal ? If a server restart should the items respawn on the server ? If they don't respawn how could i find something if there are people who wake up early in the morning just to loot all they can ?

Please tell I'm wrong ....

Edited by tmbt

Honestly I'm not sure to understand all the things about CLE. Maybe is because I'm dumb but could someone translate it too me in simple terms ?

I've also another question : I'm playing on exp and actually I cannot find anything to eat except apples. I cannot find a weapon or a bag. I cannot find an animal to kill. Actually i cannot find nothing.

Is this normal ? If a server restart should the items respawn on the server ? If they don't respawn how could i find something if there are people who wake up early in the morning just to loot all they can ?

Some servers are different I was on UK-10 and there was tonnes of stuff. One town had 3 bags of rice and more tins than I could carry while others and rifles and shotguns in many houses. Was doing really nice until some bellend KOS'd me from behind a bush..

OK, so far so good. But that means there has to be some kind of protection against people who are switching shards to get into someones base. Or you just can't have a base :P

Well this thread is starting to confuse me :-D  Your player carrying his gear across all public shards, your character on a private shard is only there and no other private or public shard. Now as for your tent, that is a different set of controls. Persistance is that particular shard only. For instance you log onto south central 0-2 and put down a tent, you better mark that down on a notepad because that tent is not anywhere else on any other public shard. Your player and what they are carrying is, but not what you put on the ground. For instance you can have a different tent on 5 different public servers in the same place in the game. One full of human meat, one full of deer meat, one full of and so on :-) Not sure what you are trying to get at about switching shards and getting at someones base.

• Like 1

Animals are not spawning in the current Exp build.

With the CLE, loot is now persistent and loot is unaffected by server restarts.

You will find very little loot in high traffic areas. People pick it up, quicker than it re-spawns. This will improve once regional control is introduced. Try to go where others have not been - usually the Northern and Western regions of the map. Once you are geared up, you can go back to the coast.

Until / unless you find canned goods, you have to go with plan B: apples, berries, farming, fishing, hunting, banditry (steal from others), cannibalism (eat others). There are many food options besides tins of sardines.

• Like 1

Some servers are different I was on UK-10 and there was tonnes of stuff. One town had 3 bags of rice and more tins than I could carry while others and rifles and shotguns in many houses. Was doing really nice until some bellend KOS'd me from behind a bush..

Did you then tried to switch to another server and check loot on same places? 

Lots of stuff can be explained by low server run time after patch update, cause each server is going to make full respawn and people can find a lot of things even at players' spawn points.

However after couple hours cities are going to be empty and you will notice only loot in the north, were people amount isn't high and fresh spawned loot (or not noticed loot) will stay for a longer time.

Maybe i'm wrong, however that's how i seen this yesterday after last patch during 6-8hours playing with 1 character, geared up in first hours and running through the whole map (2 handed sword and truck are fun!).

p.s. i couldnt find any ammo in the last 2 hours, even thought server hopping in the middle of the night, with 0-10 people population on the servers (almost got raped by some lonely server hoppers hunter, probably he decided to find some ammo by another way)

Edited by industria

I found many hatchets at deer stands and "high" deer stands that are around Myshkino base and NWAF. As for a battery, none yet, and same thing for a fishing hook. (If only animals were spawning, could make one with the bones...)

Didn't find any sewing kits, but plenty of leather sewing kits. Too bad they don't seem to fix vests or boots anymore.  :(  (Might be temporary, or not. No official words on that.)

Hold the leather kit in hand, then right click on the boots for the prompt to repair.   Used mine on my Jungle Boots and my pack.  Haven't had a chance to try on a vest or a helmet.

That's another issue I forgot to mention, combining and repairing seems best done by taking one in hand then right clicking the item you want to combine/repair.  To open cans I take the can in hand rather than the opener or knife.  This way the opener/knife space won't be "free" in the inventory for the item opened to "steal" that space.  Lost one can opener that way.  

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Once you are geared up, you can go back to the coast.

Good God!!  Why on earth go back to the coast for cripes sake?  Unless you are establishing a camp some where close to spawn points?

• Like 2

Played around a little more today. Here are some things that I found that aren't apparent at first sight:

• I was skeptical about loot respawning, so I went into US Southwest 01, ran around Msta picking up all of the gear I could find and putting it all into a shed. When I came back to the same server today (~20 hours later), more stuff was in the buildings that I previously had cleared out, including guns and processed food. I am sure now that loot is at least spawning to some degree.

• I found a flashlight for the first time since the starting loot was changed to a chemlight + rags (I'm assuming all of the flashlights I'd seen before were from players dropping them). It did not contain a battery, nor have I seen a stray battery yet.

jQ1bb0V.jpg

• This Hockey stick seemed different than the one I've been seeing all over the place. It has more decals on it, but I could be mistaken and I was just seeing damaged ones before. Couldn't find the other stick to compare.

G2Rbt3P.jpg

• Found a Meat Tenderizer, but my hands inventory was bugged at the time so I couldn't pick it up and play around with it.

nk0zP1Y.jpg

• An option to craft a Tripwire is available to be crafted from 2x(?) wooden sticks and a rope/improvised rope. However, it disappeared from my inventory every time I tried to craft it. Same thing happened with the tripwire created from metal wire and wooden sticks. 

FVYp2gI.jpg

• The Saline Bag IV now only takes up a single slot, same as the Saline Bag w\o the IV.

oRgLlcH.jpg

• The crafted Torch (wooden stick + rags) cannot be lit by using the hand drill kit. You can use the torch on a tree to add sap, which supposedly makes the torch burn longer. The torch will go out if you put it back into your inventory, then lit again. If thrown, the torch will stay lit on the ground. 

G6YYi11.jpg

• The crafted Torch can however be lit using a fire that was created with the hand drill kit.

QDl7CLO.jpg

• You can Dig Worms using any knife, not just the stone knife. Just look at the ground while standing in some grass or any other material that can be dug into a garden. 

E1Y81CO.jpg

• The Improvised Fish Trap (same as small fish trap) holds one inventory slot. Sometimes items randomly go into that slot so if you are missing an item, check in your fish trap. When crafting the fish trap, using PET bottle + knife, two options for "craft improvised fish trap" and "craft small fish trap" pop up, but they both make the same trap. 

mNHioqr.jpg

• I tried using a small taloon backpack as temporary storage. When I left the vicinity, and came back, most of the items that I had left in the backpack were gone (they didn't get stolen, as it was all crap, and the other stuff outside of the backpack was still there as well). I've heard problems like this occurring with the tents as well, so it seems like most storage items are not working right now.

Thanks for reading. Feedback is encouraged.

Edited by tux
  • Like 12

Good God!!  Why on earth go back to the coast for cripes sake?  Unless you are establishing a camp some where close to spawn points?

Look at me ... I'm not judging (honest), but there are still some folks who only play in order to go to Cherno and reenact the showdown at the OK Corral.

Just because you can't always successfully gear up in Cherno, doesn't mean that you still can't do your OK Corral thing, if you want.

• Like 1

Hope animals are back in the upcoming!

Come on Steam!!!  Cripes, my wife would be ready to go out by now!!!!   That means Steam, that you are slower than a woman in her 50's.

Doh!  NVM downloading as I wrote that.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

^^^^^^ waiting on steam update like it's Christmas Eve....

Did you then tried to switch to another server and check loot on same places?

Lots of stuff can be explained by low server run time after patch update, cause each server is going to make full respawn and people can find a lot of things even at players' spawn points.

However after couple hours cities are going to be empty and you will notice only loot in the north, were people amount isn't high and fresh spawned loot (or not noticed loot) will stay for a longer time.

Maybe i'm wrong, however that's how i seen this yesterday after last patch during 6-8hours playing with 1 character, geared up in first hours and running through the whole map (2 handed sword and truck are fun!).

p.s. i couldnt find any ammo in the last 2 hours, even thought server hopping in the middle of the night, with 0-10 people population on the servers (almost got raped by some lonely server hoppers hunter, probably he decided to find some ammo by another way)

How long has the current build been up? I only logged on about 6pm GMT today. Loot was plentiful even in Cherno and Kamy (my 2 spawn points today) I only played on one server... Server was 30-50/50 all day Edited by HarryPotter

I see the client update downloading now. Are the servers up and running the newest Exp build? 

"Shortly"

Patience is rewarded. Or you could just sit and spam the server list refresh button like the rest of us.

• Like 1

Character wipe???

Yep. 

Downside: all my hard work down the drain!

Upside: FRESH LOOT EVERYWHERE!

edit: unfortunately, global loot in the latest patch wasn't reset, just characters. :(

Edited by tux
  • Like 4