boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Can anyone else confirm that both zeds and animals are not spawning? I've cheked everywhere I know of for some cows :(

I was on southeast 1pp and there were zeds...no animals spotted yet.

I ran for about 3 hours, trying things, dodging zeds, looking for gear. I think if I win the lottery, I'll buy a house with lots of land and plant about 100 apple trees, then everyone can come there during the apocalypse and stay alive. Got into decent condition and heading inland. Saw a tent and passed it over. I have an axe and a bottle and a canteen and a decent jacket. I was just starting to get worried and found a rope and burlap sack and made a backpack. Darn sleep time..Very smooth run, no crashing.

I ran for about 3 hours, trying things, dodging zeds, looking for gear. I think if I win the lottery, I'll buy a house with lots of land and plant about 100 apple trees, then everyone can come there during the apocalypse and stay alive. Got into decent condition and heading inland. Saw a tent and passed it over. I have an axe and a bottle and a canteen and a decent jacket. I was just starting to get worried and found a rope and burlap sack and made a backpack. Darn sleep time..Very smooth run, no crashing.

Did you happen to find the rope and sack from the same place near each other? I found mine from a bus station and I wonder if it was just a luck. I've seen flashlights and batteries spawning next to each other in other patch couple days ago.

Only way I have found to unstick something in my hands is to go up a ladder.

This will work, but there is no guarantee that it will be waiting for you at the bottom of the ladder.

• Like 1

Am I wrong or the drink and eat sounds when there is anyone around you are back. I had the impression this bug was fixed few days ago ...

Edited by tmbt

Did you happen to find the rope and sack from the same place near each other?

This about 5-6 times last night. Burlap sacks stash sorted :)

Edited by zeroy99

i ran back to stable after running through almost every building along the coast and a few inland and havnt anything to show for except a wrench and a damn hat. Lol I like loot bein scarce but this is not fun. Should make lichen as a food item as well small nutrition but it is a survival food! maybe some cat tails along some of the ponds also a survival food :p troop ftw i still remember some!

i ran back to stable after running through almost every building along the coast and a few inland and havnt anything to show for except a wrench and a damn hat. Lol I like loot bein scarce but this is not fun. Should make lichen as a food item as well small nutrition but it is a survival food! maybe some cat tails along some of the ponds also a survival food :P troop ftw i still remember some!

You picked pretty much the worst strategy for finding loot on 0.57.  With the central loot economy loot is related to player density (more so than ever before).  Where you get lots of players you get little loot and visa versa.    You have to get inland and off the main routes.

If you have to.. make a stone knife and eat apples until you get to a decent area.  Don't waste time with heavily trodden areas.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

Another thing I learned today: when you combine two 6-stacks of rags, you can craft an improvised rope.

Pretty sure it can be used for anything that a regular rope can be used to craft, and the model is the same as the rope that you can find.

Holy fucking shitballs, I have been waiting for this for so long. I'm getting on now.

• Like 6

The easiest way I foung to get rid of thms in your hands is to throw it away using "g" button. 

Edited by shadowear

What worked for me is drag a item in your hands, press the x so it is  going back in inventory and then press the key from youre hotbar (even if the weapon cant be seen) and the weaopon magical appears.

Another thing I learned today: when you combine two 6-stacks of rags, you can craft an improvised rope.

Pretty sure it can be used for anything that a regular rope can be used to craft, and the model is the same as the rope that you can find. 

Game changer, nice to see more crafting that make sense making it into the game! Already loved the stick from any tree so this is very welcome. Now can we make fishing hooks from the Sewing kit please?

Game changer, nice to see more crafting that make sense making it into the game! Already loved the stick from any tree so this is very welcome. Now can we make fishing hooks from the Sewing kit please?

You can make fishing hooks from bones.

And you're right, I absolutely love the way how this game is developing at the moment.

Try the hands up gesture. That always worked for me when an item was stuck in my hands. Don't know if it makes the item dissapear though.

Did you happen to find the rope and sack from the same place near each other? I found mine from a bus station and I wonder if it was just a luck. I've seen flashlights and batteries spawning next to each other in other patch couple days ago.

I found several burlap sack / rope sets in feeding shacks, too. I also found a Magnum with an empty speedloader sitting right next to it in the camo building at Green Mountain . This has to be intentional. I wonder what other combinations you can find.

I'm having the best time on Exp. After I found a truck I came across an AKM with a 30mag. I had a Kashtan scope from a deerstand and a silencer from earlier. A few truckstops later I found a drum magazine. And a CR75 and a tent and a Winchester and an MP5 complete with reddot scope. The list goes on. I have a beautiful campspot in the north and just planted pumpkins. I noticed you slice them into pieces now (with a knife). You can't chum into them any more. However, either it is the exp lag or they don't give you nearly as much calories as before. I ate two entire pumpkins (which is mad). Let's see if I find myself puking after restart. The signals still say "hungry", and I waited a few minutes to change.   

Edited by S3V3N

Can anyone else confirm that both zeds and animals are not spawning? I've cheked everywhere I know of for some cows :(

When the servers first came up yesterday on my very first run inland I saw at least 4 or 5 cows, one pig, two chicken, and one sheep.  

But haven't seen anything since.   Zeds were present too but not in hordes.  This was on US East 3PP.

but as Boneboys pointed out earlier from Eugene's twitter:

"not every experimental server is the same. (Configuration wise) thats why some have different experience"

edit: tpyo  B) 

Edited by GaryWalnuts

Hopped in exp to take these real quick:

Thank you, thank you! Going to add this to the wiki and if you don't mind I'm going to link to this post elsewhere to get the word out. I don't think anyone but you stumbled on this yesterday  :lol:

• Like 1

anyone tried to craft the new fishtrap with nettings?

i tried it with nettings and rope but that don´t work. :(

any ideas what is needed to craft it?

Fish net, huh? I remember seeing such a thing WIP or in the game files or something a while back. Where did you hear word of this being in, if you don't mind me asking?

Based on what I remember seeing of the model for it, I would guess maybe netting + sticks?

Haven't seen anything besides a chicken for quite a while.  That full-stack rags to improvised rope makes it moot though.  No more lamenting over useless chicken guts.

Speak for yourself. :p No animals means much less food and no leather for me. :(

Only zeds I've really seen so far were at balota and the airfield there.

Fish net, huh? I remember seeing such a thing WIP or in the game files or something a while back. Where did you hear word of this being in, if you don't mind me asking?

Based on what I remember seeing of the model for it, I would guess maybe netting + sticks?

Wasn't this mentioned in the status report? Can't recall, maybe just in the hermit store thread. It's definitely a thing though.

Wasn't this mentioned in the status report? Can't recall, maybe just in the hermit store thread. It's definitely a thing though.

its in the latest status report, but its WIP, so i was a bit too fast.

hope we will see it in some of the coming patches

From the gameplay features perspective there are two new traps nearly ready to be tested. The tripwire trap has the possibility of having cans attached to it in order to turn it into a perimeter alarm, or grenades to stun or damage any intruders. Fishermen will be pleased to see a new fish trap made from the netting which allows players to catch fish bigger than sardines. There is also progress on cooking in the built-in fireplaces which I hope will breathe life into these sad and abandoned houses.

• Like 2

its in the latest status report, but its WIP, so i was a bit too fast.

hope we will see it in some of the coming patches

From the gameplay features perspective there are two new traps nearly ready to be tested. The tripwire trap has the possibility of having cans attached to it in order to turn it into a perimeter alarm, or grenades to stun or damage any intruders. Fishermen will be pleased to see a new fish trap made from the netting which allows players to catch fish bigger than sardines. There is also progress on cooking in the built-in fireplaces which I hope will breathe life into these sad and abandoned houses.

Awesome. I had missed that part about the built-in fireplaces -- that will make quite a few people happy!

• Like 1

anyone tried to craft the new fishtrap with nettings?

i tried it with nettings and rope but that don´t work. :(

any ideas what is needed to craft it?

Looks like wire and netting based on the image.

• Like 3

edit lol nvm a moment of stupidity

Edited by halp