boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

be carefull, people diggin' piles of loot at guard post are a great source of gear for trigger happy players ;)

Yeah, man.... I remember your post.

I'm not here to tell you how to play.  :P

I honestly don't care as much about personally being KoS'd as much as the philosophy that drives it.

To each, their own.

• Like 2

I did something terrible just now. I'll write a poem.

Dear man who died, in Tulga today,

Please do understand I never meant to take your life away,

I spawned right beside you, causing me quite a fright,

and I swung with my sword, with all of my might,

and then I realized that you were not infected,

perhaps your connection was being rejected,

because you just stood there, silent,

but that one fatal blow,

caused you to fall dead, just as fast as I could go,

into my inventory, to pull out some bandages,

but it wasn't enough, I'd caused too many damages,

oh that one fatal blow, and now I'll never know,

whether you were a friendly, or just another bandit - WOE!

I actually feel really, really bad. Server restarted, I got on a new one (it was the middle of the night) and just saw a figure right next to me.  :blush: Despite being starving, I couldn't find it in myself to eat him. :D Luckily I found a bag of rice about a minute later.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 2

Nothing like a beautiful morning after a long night of pumpkin growing:

wIlRcdV.jpg

Persistence is definitely working in this build as I tested this the last time my server reset.

Edited by Ebrim

I just played a little bit, not too long unfortunately, because a CTD ended my adventure few minutes after it's beginning. But this short period of testing went surprisingly smooth. I mean, the server was full, 50/50 people playing and doing stuff, and the reaction time of hotbar/ actions/ etc. was almost nonexistant. However, I don't know if that server was with infected spawning turned on. If it was, then this version is a clear stable candidate (performancewise)!

Edited by Ultimoose

I did something terrible just now. I'll write a poem.

(wonderful poem:)

Dear man who died, in Tulga today,

Please do understand I never meant to take your life away,

I spawned right beside you, causing me quite a fright,

and I swung with my sword, with all of my might,

and then I realized that you were not infected,

perhaps your connection was being rejected,

because you just stood there, silent,

but that one fatal blow,

caused you to fall dead, just as fast as I could go,

into my inventory, to pull out some bandages,

but it wasn't enough, I'd caused too many damages,

oh that one fatal blow, and now I'll never know,

whether you were a friendly, or just another bandit - WOE!

The very first player I killed in DayZ was an unresponsive guy that I ran up behind thinking he was a zed and smacked him in the head with a fire extinguisher. I realized when he started bleeding and just lie there that he wasn't a zombie as zombies don't do that. I was so freaked out by what I had done I just finished him off hoping that nobody would ever know the murder occurred. :(

• Like 1

The very first player I killed in DayZ was an unresponsive guy that I ran up behind thinking he was a zed and smacked him in the head with a fire extinguisher. I realized when he started bleeding and just lie there that he wasn't a zombie as zombies don't do that. I was so freaked out by what I had done I just finished him off hoping that nobody would ever know the murder occurred. :(

I honestly think that, after over 250 hours of playtime, this is the first player I've actually killed. I try to knock people out and take away their ammo rather than kill them. :D

• Like 3

I honestly think that, after over 250 hours of playtime, this is the first player I've actually killed. I try to knock people out and take away their ammo rather than kill them. :D

You know that people are actually generous to give their ammo especially if they don't have a gun for those ;)

• Like 1

You know that people are actually generous to give their ammo especially if they don't have a gun for those ;)

I mean more as in those who try to attack me. I like to be as friendly as I can be, normally.

• Like 1

It depends, I'm pretty wary about giving ammo to people, especially if I don't know them and they have the gun the ammo is for.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone seen any 7.62x39 not near a wrecked military vehicle?

Edited by Ebrim

Congratulations on popping your murder cherry!   Have some beans!

Played a few times, and always had a CTD. Some new map changes I noticed, looking good. Anyone know if the C96 is implemented yet, or?

Those sneaky developers! They've stealth buffed Brass Knuckles!!!

utk9wFN.jpg

Now with extended hit range!!

• Like 3

It depends, I'm pretty wary about giving ammo to people, especially if I don't know them and they have the gun the ammo is for.

Speaking of ammo, has anyone seen any 7.62x39 not near a wrecked military vehicle?

Found some at the

prisonbuiling at Balota

ugh, just had a CTD at after pressing the Play button to get back on the server I was on.  Ick

Yes, at the new guard shacks all over the map.  Keep finding boxed, loose and in both the 30 and 75 rnd magazines.

• Like 1

Yes, at the new guard shacks all over the map.  Keep finding boxed, loose and in both the 30 and 75 rnd magazines.

Sounds good. Guess I should probably not expect to find them in the middle of the woods. :D

I don't know if it was mentioned or not but ttsko jackets are spawning again.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

ugh, just had a CTD at after pressing the Play button to get back on the server I was on.  Ick

Yeah, they are really starting to annoy me now. After a break I thought to give it a shot. Wasn't even 3 minutes in and it already crashed again.

Whoah!!!  Southwest 0-2 was a 1PP server, now it's a 3pp server.  Something strange going on!  So much for that camp and truck I guess.

Also 3 pp servers Aus/NZ and SNG 0-1 are both CTDing me when I try to join.

Yeah, they are really starting to annoy me now. After a break I thought to give it a shot. Wasn't even 3 minutes in and it already crashed again.

You might want to try several different servers, if you haven't already.

Edited by Barnabus

CTD'd after about 25 minutes, still laggy, relying mostly on apple trees for nourishment. Not really sure if the hiccups I experience are because of my 1mbps connection or server performance or whatever else, probs a combo of all of the above...

I'll be back in ten, need a quick break.

Oh, got shot at at the coast, whoever handled what sounded like a sporter is not a very good shot - thank goodness ^^

• Like 2

I don't if it was mentioned or not but ttsko jackets are spawning again.

They were before just at the prison island.Glad to hear their spawning elsewhere now

Can we get some confirmation of CLE functioning? Still no sign of any cleanup, and significant respawns I've noticed seem to be following restarts.

be carefull, people diggin' piles of loot at guard post are a great source of gear for trigger happy players ;)

Agreed 100%, I tend to Grab, Go and Sort it out 1 Kilometer or a major terrain feature away..

No crashes this time around, but I was treated to several slide shows. I heard very few inappropriate background noises (chewing, drinking, etc.).

I found adequate gear, but nothing fancy yet. I did find someone's camp and tent. I haven't decided whether to raid the tent, steal the tent, or relocate the tent a few meters, just to mess with the owner's mind.

I only had a couple of incidents where I couldn't pick something up. One was a hunting jacket, that I HAD to have. It took several attempts, including leaving the house and coming back 3x, but I finally snagged it.

I like the day / night cycle, but I'm not so impressed with the way that the ambient lighting works. As it is, moon light illuminates the building interiors so that you can see the loot. This obviously should not be the case and it really bugs me. I have played on night time servers when there was no moon and it can get pitch black! This is the way building interiors should always be, unless moonlight is shining through an adjacent door, or window ... not shining through the roof of the building! And yes, it will make looting very difficult, if as a fresh spawn, the first thing that you did was to toss your flashlight. Realistically, the flashlight should be a treasured tool. Perhaps once the new renderer is in place, the devs will revisit some of the lighting quirks. Let's hope so.

EDIT: By the way, building interiors should be more dim in the day time, too, unless of course, there is a nearby door, or window.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

Ive had some trouble with my tents and campfires disappearing with the older .57 do they still do that with this iteration? and how the hell do we make stone fire places?