boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Ok logged in about an hour ago, 1pp southwest. About a 5 miles to about 8 berry bushes and an oak tree about 200 feet past that. Ate about 6 berries and was starving and cold. Got two oak bark and some sticks and made a fireplace and made a hand drill and this is too dangerous of a place to make a fire. Ran back to the berry bushes and kept searching till I went unconscious from starving.

Logged in near a big city, ran around looking for anything and there was nothing but a few zombies that I had to avoid by pathing around them and found a water pump and drank and fell unconscious from starving. That will do nicely for me for awhile. I'll try back later.

Try the southcentral servers, it will be an completly "other "game for you.

• Like 1

Is there anything else new other than hunger/thirst bug? No one posted screenshots of torch, and how to craft and ignite it?

• Like 1

Are items respawning?

Also, anyone try out the torch yet?

After testing out the same server and same locations for the weekend, I have to admit that I didn't see any items respawn, at all.

Yes, I tried the torch, but during the day. I dunno if it's a bug, but there was light emanating even though no flame was showing.

dqmyqe.jpg

161jqdy.jpg

I then proceeded to throw it. It floated in the air lighting the area for about 5 minutes.

2j3h93b.jpg

The starvation & thirst thing hit very suddenly for me last night. The wife & I had both been online for an hour or so before a server restart. Then 45 minutes after that restart, I hadn't relogged, there's this instant change in the speed of statuses appearing in the corner. They were hitting every couple of seconds and I went from light green hydrated to 'dying of dehydration' in the times it took me to get out of a house and past 7 adjacent houses to get to the water pump. Her character was unaffected and we've survived for the same amount of time. UK first-person server.. UK1-02 I believe.

After getting stuffed with water at the pump, I stood there for a moment and was already back to yellow thirsty. I logged out for half an hour for a quick tidy & polish - when I arrived back all was fine.

If this 'condition' was given a name, it'd feel less weird and more exciting. Especially if you had to try extreme ways of satisfying hunger to combat it, such as sucking a cow up through a straw.

• Like 1

Well Walking around didn't improve my chances of survival.  Within 5 mins I was dead. no chance to get food or water from my spawn point they were to far away that includes bushes, trees and pumps. No chance of finding food cans or drinks lol.  I hope they have all the data they need now as the game is unplayable at the moment.  And well done you lucky ones who are surviving this.

• Like 1

while I agree the hunger system seems a bit borked, I have been able to keep my only character alive during the first hour merely with apples. I took the time to feed her until fully lightgreen energized and since I haven't had any problem maintaining it, albeit mostly from apples since loot is abscent and a weapon (or rope to make a bow) to kill animals is/are hard to find. At least apples give you decent energy to keep going, it's a bit boring ofcourse to just stand near a tree for 15 minutes, looking for apples and eating them, but now I'm west of Stary Sobor with everything light green so it's doable.

I played a couple of hours last night and didn't experience the hunger/thirst bug. I alternated between 1pp/3pp in order to skip the logon countdown, so I switched servers about 5 times. My 3pp character even made it to prison island and back without trouble, and only needed one pitstop at an appletree in Balota to stay green.

Loot is very scarce though. Besides the usual clothes lootsplosion (it seems to be the only place for 6 slot pants) I only found a sledgehammer and a cr75 pistol (beneath some clothes, so I guessed missed by previous looters), luckily I have a lot of 9mm ammo to chamber it with.

If anyone broke their legs when passing over a pile of clothes on prison island, I am afraid that was my doing. I found a bear trap in a shed just as I was about to embark swimming to the island, and the opportunity was just too good to miss.

I dont have the problem with starvation im still on my first character.

But i only need 1 Apple each half hour to get energized realy strange I played maybe 5-6 hours like that.

On UK Server there were no loot left but on US server i found enough to eat and the game runs smoother somehow.

The only bug i found was this invisible Police station somewhere.

tjxQWf30Sh.jpg

• Like 2

LOL I finally get a spawn where I don't die after 5 mins from starvation/dehydration and a new build comes out.

I doubt there will be zombies in the 0.57 stable version as they seem to be one of the reasons for the bad performance and desync at times.

You generally only get an issue if either desync causes you to eat slower than you burn energy (if you rely on many small food items like berries) or this rapid consumption bug gets you. Otherwise you can just live off the land and move on until you find something.

Also the first character might have it easier as less people went over the coastal areas already and not all V3S were driven to military or fa inland places.

• Like 1

But i only need 1 Apple each half hour to get energized realy strange I played maybe 5-6 hours like that.

On UK Server there were no loot left but on US server i found enough to eat and the game runs smoother somehow.

The only bug i found was this invisible Police station somewhere.

tjxQWf30Sh.jpg

Hopefully the invisible buildings don't make it to stable. The city above Cherno is full of them and you can walk through them as well lol.

• Like 1

BTW - I mentioned that I found a new pub, but I didn't give you the coordinates. It's at 109 098.

Like a two-story log cabin? 109 098 is just outside Msta, is that right?

I can tell you now that entire blocks of apartment buildings are missing from Chapaevsk.  The steps are still there but the buildings are gone.

I'm hoping that isn't intentional!

Was testing the desync/lag issue just before the servers went down and it seems to be partially caused by the clothes stacking in your inventory. I had a heap of clothes inside clothes and was running really slowly, when I took them out the running speed went back to normal. Probably something to do with all those items moving location on the server... Not totally sure thou ;)

I'm hoping that isn't intentional!

They mentioned recently that they didn't like those building and that they look out of place.

here:http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218621-about-the-environment/page-11#entry2267558

I think most people just don't bother with them and senchi and I both want to replace them with something more reasonable (really, buildings THAT tall look out of place in the map) but, well, like I say so often, its not high priority right now.

Edited by freethink

They mentioned recently that they didn't like those building and that they look out of place.

here:http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/218621-about-the-environment/page-11#entry2267558

But were in a big city area. There are quite a few big cities with at least a few tall buildings like that. It doesn't seem out of place at all. Especially for a modern age city really. unless they want to make it the as hick backwards as possible. Theres enough area between middle and up north they can expand on with nothing but forest including boarder areas with nothing beyond it.

• Like 1

But were in a big city area. There are quite a few big cities with at least a few tall buildings like that. It doesn't seem out of place at all. Especially for a modern age city really. unless they want to make it the as hick backwards as possible. Theres enough area between middle and up north they can expand on with nothing but forest including boarder areas with nothing beyond it.

I love those big apartment blocks, even if I get 8 FPS there. I wonder if I can pitch military tent on roof of those buildings.

• Like 1

Indeed. Such commieblocks definitely belongs in an area like Chernarus. I also wondered at the dev comment that "such tall buildings didn't belong there", especially when considering that they added the townhall tower in Novo.

• Like 2

i dont think the buildings are out of the place but i really hate chapa for the fps drops u get there, god forbid u meet someone.

If u log in/out from chapa u can see how much stress it gives to your pc trying to render every floor and every item 12 stories above you..

tbh, i was hoping they will raze half of them or make them spawn no loot or only have 1 floor that's accessible.

I dont think people enjoy looting them, they are just nice sniper platforms.

Indeed. Such commieblocks definitely belongs in an area like Chernarus. I also wondered at the dev comment that "such tall buildings didn't belong there", especially when considering that they added the townhall tower in Novo.

Might as well get rid of all those huge buildings up north while were at it to lol.

They look as they should look: grey, boring, all same...real comunist way of building. Yes, they are FPS killers, but if you dont like it dont go there.

• Like 1

if i would have to loot accordingly to FPS i would yet need to see more than half of the cities..

the thing is, you're pretty silly if u dont go loot chapa if u get cherno spawn. It's the best of the dubky-novoselky-chapa trio.

its a love-hate thing. The area around the hospital/school and tech building seems to be the worse since theres so many tall buildings surrounding you.

i wouldnt mind one or two of them being destroyed in a same fashion as the hotel in cherno.

i tottaly understand some of you love the area as it is, thats why i didnt say i would raze them all.

There can be a middle ground :)

:/ why?

Edited by halp

Ah crap, I must have missed that. I don't agree with this move at all, especially considering that nothing is being left in their place either. One more thing I need to document before it's gone...

Is it all of the tall apartment buildings? Or just a few in that area? I've been elsewhere on the map and it doesn't appear they began deleting them elsewhere (yet).

• Like 2