Sign in to follow this  
thefriendlydutchman

Basic Basebuilding system

so for this basebuilding system you need to go to some industrial places and find the following: a small hammer, planks (planks can also be crafted with hacksaw+logs) and/pr metal plates.

now when you got al of this you are going to need to equip your hammer

when you stand infront of a door you will get the open door icon, if you scroll however 2 more options will apear

''Reinforce door with wood''  (60 hits with an axe and 25 hits with a chainsaw to break the door down )

Reinforce door with metal'' (100 hits with an axe 45 hits with a chainsaw to break the door down)

now for example when you press reinforce door with wood your character will do an animation were it hammers on the door this will take one minute and will make allot of sound so you better got a friend with you or are sure you're all alone.

now you got a reinforced door but players can still get in and out so there are 2 ways to lock the door.

1.Picklock

Pros: easy to find and easy to use

Cons: everyone with a picklock can open up your door

2. Numlock (will have the same lock icon as the picklock but with a # on it

Pros: people wont be able to open your door unless they use force (axe,chainsaw)

Cons: you need to remember your number code

How to setup your numlock: right click on the item in your inventory and press '''setup numlock code''

then you will be able to type in a 4 digit number code for example #3495

were normally will be the ''inspect'' and ''setup numlock code'' will now be ''#0000'' (with backspace you can change the 0000 code to whatever you want)

now when scrolling down the reinforced door with the lock you can press the ''setup lock on door'' button and voila your door will be locked and only you and your friends can open it up with the code''

Edited by jorn818
  • Like 2

I really don't think you'd be using an axe or chainsaw to reinforce a door - they'd be good tools for cutting wood but not for doing the construction itself. However, I can imagine that basic barricading will probably include putting boards up on doors and maybe windows - metal I'm not so sure about but I'd be very surprised if it weren't added in the future.

Also, you really can't just throw keypad locks on any door with ease - they have to be installed and also have to fit the respective door in order to work, and seeing as how most of the buildings in Chernarus are old and have varying door sizes I doubt that you'd see a generic kind of keypad lock that fits all.

However, I do think having some sort of automatic locks that spawn pre-placed (at random) on certain doors in government buildings, like the new school, hospitals, police stations, or military bases, would be cool, as well as just having some of the buildings be locked on server creation. So yes, you could shoot the doors open or bust in with a melee weapon, but you're going to make a lot of noise that you don't want to.

I really don't think you'd be using an axe or chainsaw to reinforce a door - they'd be good tools for cutting wood but not for doing the construction itself. However, I can imagine that basic barricading will probably include putting boards up on doors and maybe windows - metal I'm not so sure about but I'd be very surprised if it weren't added in the future.

Also, you really can't just throw keypad locks on any door with ease - they have to be installed and also have to fit the respective door in order to work, and seeing as how most of the buildings in Chernarus are old and have varying door sizes I doubt that you'd see a generic kind of keypad lock that fits all.

However, I do think having some sort of automatic locks that spawn pre-placed (at random) on certain doors in government buildings, like the new school, hospitals, police stations, or military bases, would be cool, as well as just having some of the buildings be locked on server creation. So yes, you could shoot the doors open or bust in with a melee weapon, but you're going to make a lot of noise that you don't want to.

No you can break the door down with an axe and or chainsaw, you got to reinforce the door with the small hammer and planks/metal plates

H1Z1 currently allows you to lock ANY door that YOU have created and/or placed with a 4-digit numerical lock code, simply by holding down the same button used to open it, clicking a button, and entering the code. Once you enter the lock code, only you or someone else who knows the code can open the door normally, and the code only needs to be entered once by anyone other than the person who placed it (whoever places it automatically knows the code), unless the code is changed. Granted, all of the doors are the same size, though they don't all fit in every doorway. I don't see why DayZ can't have something like this.

• Like 1

H1Z1 currently allows you to lock ANY door that YOU have created and/or placed with a 4-digit numerical lock code, simply by holding down the same button used to open it, clicking a button, and entering the code. Once you enter the lock code, only you or someone else who knows the code can open the door normally, and the code only needs to be entered once by anyone other than the person who placed it (whoever places it automatically knows the code), unless the code is changed. Granted, all of the doors are the same size, though they don't all fit in every doorway. I don't see why DayZ can't have something like this.

That's not very realistic - if keypad locks are added then they'd only sensibly be a very rare item you have to loot, and everyone who uses them would need to remember the code themselves (none of that "your character remembers and can open the door normally" stuff)

DayZ can have keypad locks (though I don't really see the necessity), but they have to make sense and shouldn't give you super security; you can still shoot through a door with a keypad lock, but if you want to take the time to keypad lock a door then by all means go ahead. It just doesn't seem like there's a big point to it if it's going to be realistic at the same time.

That is a good point; to be honest, in my opinion at least, the best way to achieve realism AND security is to allow barricading using existing furniture and other items, e.g. pushing a dresser & bed up against a door, or re-positioning an armoire against a window.

• Like 1

• Doors should be able to be locked with a combination lock.
  • Safehouses should be protected with traps (we need more variety).
  • Unused windows and door can be barricaded with wood logs, stones or metal plating/sheets.

Combination lock

320px-Masterpadlock.jpg

Rare variant

478px-Combination_lock.jpg

• Like 1

That is a good point; to be honest, in my opinion at least, the best way to achieve realism AND security is to allow barricading using existing furniture and other items, e.g. pushing a dresser & bed up against a door, or re-positioning an armoire against a window.

unfortunatly that would mean that they need to change every building and add physics to every furniture object which is really performance killing :/ ;( also atm physics are not the best in DayZ but yes it would be amazing to have

Dude, a chainsaw should be able to break that shit in seconds, like 3 hits.

yeah but then what is the use of bording up or the chainsaw should become extremely rare like 2 p server

That's not very realistic - if keypad locks are added then they'd only sensibly be a very rare item you have to loot, and everyone who uses them would need to remember the code themselves (none of that "your character remembers and can open the door normally" stuff)

DayZ can have keypad locks (though I don't really see the necessity), but they have to make sense and shouldn't give you super security; you can still shoot through a door with a keypad lock, but if you want to take the time to keypad lock a door then by all means go ahead. It just doesn't seem like there's a big point to it if it's going to be realistic at the same time.

maybe with a drill you can make holes in the door and doorframe for the lock

yeah but then what is the use of bording up or the chainsaw should become extremely rare like 2 p server

Chainsaws are rare, a bitch to lug around and run out of fuel very quickly. Not many people have them.

Chainsaws are rare, a bitch to lug around and run out of fuel very quickly. Not many people have them.

they fit in a taloon if I knew a bandit base packed with loot bordered up with doors that can break in 3 hits id put that chainsaw in my taloon filled it up at the nearest gasstation break in switch my backpack with a big one in their base storage and load myself up with mp5ks and mags, in less than an hour