boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

3 servers in 60 minutes.

Very unstable build today.

Looks like a server crash/bugged force server restart loop.

I hope the devs are getting what they need data wise, we be tryin'!

Yeah tell me about it full ammo case gone...My in-game name is Scars.We were playing in a few of the same servers

• Like 1

I found a Kashtan today. Nothing to put it on yet though.

m0F5RZK.jpg

ChD11qp.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't actually go in, so no worries, just in the entryway.

Well if there isn't one there, I'll try and set one up in the same place and repeat. :D

Sounds good; count me in!

Is this for this morning's build, or a different one we'll have tonight? I just logged in and was a fresh spawn, so there was a wipe and a different build? 

What's new?

I just came back from it, and in 1PP I can confirm that there's 0 infected and animals.

That might be the reason we're gonna have another build tonight? With it another wipe maybe?

Is this for this morning's build, or a different one we'll have tonight? I just logged in and was a fresh spawn, so there was a wipe and a different build? 

What's new?

I just came back from it, and in 1PP I can confirm that there's 0 infected and animals.

That might be the reason we're gonna have another build tonight? With it another wipe maybe?

There is only one build today that I know of, and that came out around 4 hours ago as of this post. That would be 0.56.127692. Yesterday's "hot fix" build (240KB) was 0.56.127675, and our initial build from last week was 0.56.127666. The update you got today should have been in the neighborhood of 180MB. I've also heard reports that yesterday's and today's builds both have been basically devoid of animals and infected, but I haven't played myself to confirm that.

I haven't seen anyone explicitly state that there was a wipe, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. Then again, sometimes people lose their characters between builds even without a wipe so who knows. Can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

I think there was an experimental wipe with today's patch. I started from scratch and the 3 people I met were all starting fresh too.

• Like 1

got this status after being a little bit too cocky with military zombies :

is it new ?

found a damaged C-1 optic in a "bathroom", i have a ak74 mag and a few ammo, but i haven't seen any AK rifle yet (i won't cry about it, i've a mp5k with a rv1 on it and a winchester with a lot of ammo). a lot of place have no loot spawning right now (place that spawned loot before) and industrial brics buildings now spawn medical loot like crazy. looking for the new hunting scope now !

150512102643813726.jpg

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

There is only one build today that I know of, and that came out around 4 hours ago as of this post. That would be 0.56.127692. Yesterday's "hot fix" build (240KB) was 0.56.127675, and our initial build from last week was 0.56.127666. The update you got today should have been in the neighborhood of 180MB. I've also heard reports that yesterday's and today's builds both have been basically devoid of animals and infected, but I haven't played myself to confirm that.

I haven't seen anyone explicitly state that there was a wipe, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. Then again, sometimes people lose their characters between builds even without a wipe so who knows. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, it clears things up a bit. With the different time zones, it's not easy to know which is which. The news I'd read this morning, stated an update this "evening", thus the confusion. I didn't wait at all and the update was already there while I was reading the post, which had been posted minutes before...

Yesterday I had no troubles at all finding infected and animals, but today there's nothing, at all...

With tonight's maintenance, the current exp build will be barren for the rest of week I fear.

I just came back for exp, and was killed as a fresh spawn by cannibals...

Never really did this, but I think I'm gonna take a break until they either update the exp build again, or push it to stable with the complete wipe.

• Like 2

might be a bug, but i have found the new hunting scope and the winchester 70, looking down the scope there is little to no magnification. 

Can't wait to get on to play tonight ... I just fixed my guys leg up and he's now going through veresnik military base trying to find a gun as I have yet to find a gun in three days (about 3-4 hours a day) ! It's the first time I have ever gone that long without a gun and I'm proud of the dayz devs for finally making that a reality , but I know someday soon I will get lucky and a find a cache of firearms (or just one lol) .. Anyone find and use a barrel yet to create pesticide , dye clothes, or tan leather ? Also before the animals disappeared did anyone have a chance to see a fox ?

Can't wait to get on to play tonight ... I just fixed my guys leg up and he's now going through veresnik military base trying to find a gun as I have yet to find a gun in three days (about 3-4 hours a day) ! It's the first time I have ever gone that long without a gun and I'm proud of the dayz devs for finally making that a reality , but I know someday soon I will get lucky and a find a cache of firearms (or just one lol) .. Anyone find and use a barrel yet to create pesticide , dye clothes, or tan leather ? Also before the animals disappeared did anyone have a chance to see a fox ?

visit standard houses (those which spawn no weapons on older patches), especially the small ones : green ones with stairs, green/yellow/green houses, rasta houses, brown ones with stairs, green/red/green houses and even gazoline stations, thoses are great places to find mosin/winchester/cr527. look at the farms too and little wood cabin in the woods (izh shotgun/izh18) or go to northwest and loot police station (mp5k and pm73 rak). deer stand spawn some weapons too. don't worry, you'll find one soon !

• Like 1

New error with build 0.56.127692

I got that one too first time I logged on.

and two others so far:

Cannot load material file:

dz\plants2\tree\t_picca3f.p3d

and

dz\characters\tops\data\medical_scrubs_shirt.rvmat

edit:path typo

Edited by GaryWalnuts

OK there are no Zombies anymore i played a few hours today and haven´t seen one of them.

The biggest problem is there is too much loot everywhere i have found at least 5 smersh vests in 2

hours and much high capacity vests and alot of military gear in strange places. And enough food and other stuff.

And you can stack things into each other that is another problem.

Yes, I definitely had to work to find a working firearm. So far, I've been lucky enough to find a Winchester, two repeaters, a IZH18 and a pump shotgun. I'm surprised that I haven't seen any hand guns, though. 

The other side of that coin is that the ammunition is scarce. It's out there, but it's not exactly plentiful.

I haven't seen a barrel yet. Has anyone noticed a pattern to the spawns?

SepticFalcon has fun with the radio:

Lol that is fucking awesome , that MJ song (first song played) plays at my work all the time !! Can't wait to find a radio and be one of those 80's muscleheads and put the radio over my shoulder and strut with it . Edited by Grapefruit kush

There is a bug when crafting splits whereas it uses your entire stack of rags instead of just one.

Same thing happens with fire places 

Never really did this, but I think I'm gonna take a break until they either update the exp build again, or push it to stable with the complete wipe.

Totally okay, brother :) You are part of the "core" group that plays Experimental any time it's available, so I'd say it's perfectly alright to take a break and do something else for a while. I switched back to Stable for a while yesterday and may not play DayZ at all today *gasp*  :o Really though, I play 7 days a week almost every week... I really should take a break.

Anyone find and use a barrel yet to create pesticide , dye clothes, or tan leather ?

I want to see this as well. It was talked about a lot on Reddit, but I never saw anyone actually use any of the new barrel functions. Everyone seems to be treating it like a giant protector case rather than actually experimenting with it.

• Like 5

might be a bug, but i have found the new hunting scope and the winchester 70, looking down the scope there is little to no magnification. 

Would you mind taking a screenshot? I'm pretty curious.

Why does being nice have to be so damn hard?

I was very lightly geared and saw a freshspawn in a supermarket and gave him 2 apples out of the 6 i picked, then ran off and got something and came back to give it to him.

He ran out the door and his friend walked in and killed me with a axe.

thanks.

If you can't place the radio on the ground and lure the infected to it with "Thriller" I will be severely disappointed.

That way I can sit and watch from a distance....

9YNmeG2.gif

• Like 9

Why does being nice have to be so damn hard?

I was very lightly geared and saw a freshspawn in a supermarket and gave him 2 apples out of the 6 i picked, then ran off and got something and came back to give it to him.

He ran out the door and his friend walked in and killed me with a axe.

thanks.

Because we live in a world that make being lazy and impatient seem rewarding and when it's not people just get confused and start taking?

• Like 5

hallelujah ! finally found it after searching almost 20 deer stands !

150513014435558483.jpg

doesn't it look sexy ? (apologies for my crappy graphics)

15051301443172420.jpg

magnification : i look a the same spot without and with the scope. magnification is ridiculously small compared to the LRS :(

150513014428587985.jpg

150513014429926185.jpg

well, i'm geared now ! i thank the guy that was KOS people at myshkino, i really enjoyed his vest, backpack and ammo box :P

150513014435163850.jpg

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 11