boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Apparently the VSS silenced sniper is also ingame according to dayztv it was found on a russion  heli crash site.

Hmm I will have to check it out.

You have no idea how excited this makes me. The UMP has been my favorite gun in many games; I hope it holds up in SA as well.

Well i can already tell you im going to be using the RAK allot if i can get it and the Winchester 70 is a damn fine weapon indeed. When i have more access to these other weapons than ill make an opinion on them. :P

This one just looks really awesome.

Well on my first journey I found a bunch of v3s on my way to polona near were I killed a guy it was night time and killed him with a shotgun. If this was a forumer sorry though your cereal helped my appatite tasted well. Back to the v3s, I cant open the door to the truck anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it.

Well i can already tell you im going to be using the RAK allot if i can get it and the Winchester 70 is a damn fine weapon indeed. When i have more access to these other weapons than ill make an opinion on them. :P

This one just looks really awesome.

Honestly I've never had any trouble finding the RAK. I think I run into them more often than the MP5k.

Well on my first journey I found a bunch of v3s on my way to polona near were I killed a guy it was night time and killed him with a shotgun. If this was a forumer sorry though your cereal helped my appatite tasted well. Back to the v3s, I cant open the door to the truck anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it.

Noticed this too. Someone had parked a 2-seater V3S next to the heli crash outside of Vybor military base, but when I went up to it, I had no option to open any doors or anything. Maybe the model was still there, like a ghost, but the actual intractable truck was back where it was spawned. Not sure, but I have had this problem as well.

Honestly I've never had any trouble finding the RAK. I think I run into them more often than the MP5k.

Iv ran into the MP5K more times than i can ever remember finding a RAK lol.

Myself flush with ammo for the RAK and ColdAtrophy (*CA) having freshly kitted and stocked 9mm for another MP5K I proposed that we find the nearest large city and antagonize the horde.

After not achieving aggro on the edge of town, we advanced on the apartment buildings and fired on a couple infected seen nearby.

Inside the entry of a rural hospital we funneled the incoming infected towards us and began taking turns firing and reloading.

dvabHwF.jpg

4 or 5 mags in and the wave of infected showed no signs of abating.

Desynch was causing us to waste rounds and allowing these nerfed germ bags to get up close and personal.

I began to bleed and asked CA to close the door.

He closed the door but not before trapping a couple more inside with us and I managed to stitch my wounds as he was able to shoot the last few off me.

I think it was at this point that I realized I had an infected wound from exposure to infected attacks.

Filling magazines we licked our wounds a little and my friend lamented our fate as it was clear many more infected were descending upon us.

kDGVAGw.jpg

There wasn't much time for us to weigh our options as the infected started clipping through the walls one by one and bashing CA and I.

b4TtxuA.jpg

My idea was to try to kill off part of the current wave and then make a break for it but I don't think this was accurately conveyed before I hastily opened the door and we both began firing.

He killed 1 maybe 2, I fired on the one in front of me staggering it, and vaulted 2 times, once over the bodies in my way and once over the fence in the yard.

Unfortunately (fortunately), CA managed to shoot (only) my feet as I went over the fence, and I instantly had the ruined shoes/sore feet.

Now I truly was in sorry shape and only desired to put as much distance between myself and that horrible little house as possible.

I heard CA struggling to make his way out of the building again professing that the end is neigh but quickly he was free and following me down the road.

Another miscommunication occurred and I managed to get hit again trying to flank a horde.

I bled and ran.

Now I ran nearly to the far side of town and found a rural hospital where I noticed my sick status was now dark orange so I ate and drank hoping my friend didn't die.

After a lot of his tangling with infected and searching the town for antibiotics and saline bags he finally found the building I was in with new shoes at the ready.

We plotted a course to a nearby hospital and found antibiotics with exactly one dose.

Thankfully, this was enough to cure me completely with some time and we fled the town our tails between our legs.

CA and I had burned through around 500 rounds between the both of us and I could not guess how many infected we killed.

We should have raided NWA as it is likely we would have at least replaced some of the 9mm spent in the slaughter.

Maybe tomorrow.

:)

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 9

Agreed. Found lots of painkillers, but no purification tablets. Doing my best to stay away from ponds and streams for the time being.

The one upside of a 100% apple diet is that you don't tend to get very thirsty.

Oddly, purification tablets seem to spawning in the small sheds where hacksaws and splitting axes commonly did in the past.

Myself flush with ammo for the RAK and ColdAtrophy (*CA) having freshly kitted and stocked 9mm for another MP5K I proposed that we find the nearest large city and antagonize the horde.

After not achieving aggro on the edge of town, we advanced on the apartment buildings and fired on a couple infected seen nearby.

Maybe tomorrow.

:)

Dayz as it should be, and as I remember from my early mod days! Screw "interaction", this is the real dayz! Mod was much harder, there was only 5 or 6 places that spawned antibiotics.

• Like 2

Noticed this too. Someone had parked a 2-seater V3S next to the heli crash outside of Vybor military base, but when I went up to it, I had no option to open any doors or anything. Maybe the model was still there, like a ghost, but the actual intractable truck was back where it was spawned. Not sure, but I have had this problem as well.

I found another another one at severograd today still couldn't open the doors hopefully this will be addressed by the devs. Maybe regular v3s can't be drivable for now I saw a guy in a 3rd person server in a v3s cargo drive by. PS the rak in my opinion is better than the a standard mp5 mostly because the recoil on the rak is controllable unlike the mp5 I'm glad its more common though I have some acog optics so I'll be searching for an mp5. On Tuesday I'm gonna continue my journey down to grishno then to nw but I'll stop at stary to check out the tents. I'll do this on a 1st person southwest us server if anyone would like to hunt for the new loot feel free to ask I don't betray that my rule of when I go up and meet someone friendly who isn't hostile towards me never betray I know the map from the back of my head. Ingame name is Nicholas. All of my old dayz partners are counter strike addicts now. Edited by DaNic2553

Bugs and stuff:

Not finding exp servers - connect remotely. There is a bunch of IPs in this thread as well, you can easily play on them. I haven't seen more than 6 players at the time on them, 1pp only tho.

Can't pick up loot - move it to your "in hands" slot, then cancel (red cross). Item gets moved to your inventory. If it doesn't work, check if the item is near some doors and try to close/open them first.

Drinking, eating animation takes too much time. Note: works only for items. Start eating, drinking. Wait for animation to finish. "Cancel" your object in hands. Carry on. Few moments later the item will disappear from your inventory and you will get status message "I ate xxx/I drank xxx"

Loot explosions - small outposts (the ones that you can't enter, they spawn loot just outside of them". Police cars. Crashed BMPs.

Items getting stuck in inventory. I'm pretty sure it happens when you have an item in your hotbar and activate it by pressing associated hotkey. For example, press 1 to grab binocs - now you can't move them in inventory or drop it. It's most annoying with weapons (because you will use them often), if you find a different weapon you won't be able to switch them. Put new weapon in your hand, "cancel" it and there is a good chance it will disappear completly. GG, was carrying 5 mp5 mags, found mp5, it disappeared.

Solution - relog. Nothing else seems to work, relog actually works. Disconnect, connect again drop the crap that was stuck and carry on untill something else gets stuck :P

Zombies - still silent when they chase you. Pain in the ass in 1pp servers.

Haven't seen a single animal in 6 hours of play.

Eating, no clue if it's normal: got energized and hydrated, since then I only drank soda cans and didn't have to eat in like 3-4 hours. My hunger only dropped when I took some damage from zombies.

Deer stands now mostly spawn .308 ammo, binocs and lots of weapon optics (no long range scopes though).

Deer stands now mostly spawn .308 ammo, binocs and lots of weapon optics (no long range scopes though).

what optics did you find??

The irony struck me tonight as I approached another small, nondescript town and I instinctively took to the nearby high ground. As I raised my trusty binoculars, it occurred to me that when I first began playing this game, my primary concern would have been to locate any other players. After 0.55 Exp was released, my primary concern was to locate any zeds that may be in the area. The only thing that I want to know tonight, is where in the f%*# are the apple trees!

• Like 1

The irony struck me tonight as I approached another small, nondescript town and I instinctively took to the nearby high ground. As I raised my trusty binoculars, it occurred to me that when I first began playing this game, my primary concern would have been to locate any other players. After 0.55 Exp was released, my primary concern was to locate any zeds that may be in the area. The only thing that I want to know tonight, is where in the f%*# are the apple trees!

Everywhere!! 

Here's to a nice patch for .56 and an experimental wipe today or tomorrow.  Na zdravi!!!  Please decelerate hunger and thirst.  It's a bit to fast right now.

Edited by Barnabus

I could not guess how many infected we killed.

That is actually a beautiful story..

I havent tried the exp of 56 so could you please give me a rough guesstimate of how many infected attended your party biohaze ?

what optics did you find??

I have been finding M68 CompM2 and PU scopes in deer stand mostly.

Has anyone come across the new scope for the winchester?

I have been finding M68 CompM2 and PU scopes in deer stand mostly.

Has anyone come across the new scope for the winchester?

I think its not spawning. Not even DayzTV posted that is found.

Hmm looks like servers are down. Hopefully an update.

I found a quick reload magazine with AK rounds. 5 total like what the Mosin quick reload one looks like. Anyone know which rifle it goes to? Cant be the SKS its a 10 round quick reload.

Hmm looks like servers are down. Hopefully an update.

I found a quick reload magazine with AK rounds. 5 total like what the Mosin quick reload one looks like. Anyone know which rifle it goes to? Cant be the SKS its a 10 round quick reload.

None of the devs appear to be tweeting about it.

With any luck, perhaps they can tone down the desynch at tad. I had some terrible shaking/stuttering desynch, just before they pulled the plug. 

Searching for apple is pain in the ass. Why does it take so long. I mean in real life you just look up the tree and see if there is an apple and take it, if not move on. Now you search the appletree... wait 3 min. If you do find something you eat it. Wait another 3 min. ^^ Why everything is so clumsy. still... 2 years. Movement is the same. Like eating and walking. At least you could make it so that you can eat fruits and vegetables while walking.

New map objects keep coming but the gameplay stays the same. Or and in exp. it usually gets worse.

Seitan, if you would read about development of this game first instead of wasting your time writing garbage, you would know that the old engine has it's problems solving too much animations at the same time and will get replaced because of it's limits.

As to your foraging concerns, I don't know of an official statement but seeing how detailed the devs want to go regarding other features I'd highly doubt current foraging will stay as it's now.

Edited by Buddy cASSino
  • Like 2

after playing for 10+ hours i am really confused by this thread because my experience is completely different.

The new "economy system spawning " means for me that i did not find a single weapon in 10 hours running from south to east and then to NWA ... the tents and buildings at NWA had (US north east servers and UK servers) almost no loot, the only things still there were a few firefighter helmets in the firestation and a few handcuffs in the prisons.

all other villages had only little loot consisting of mostly little lootplosions with some hoodies and trousers...

also only 1 can of bacon and 2 sodas and some melee weapons of which 2 disappeared after putting on my back.

besides these few things and a press vest, i am still very close to a bambi after 10 hours of apple eating, pond drinking and running

also : 

server performance seems to be a big problem. sometimes when i drink or eat i have to wait 30+secs for the "i drunk xy" message

Edited by SpawnZ

I noticed "lowest" settings now indeed are lower. Trees and objects on skalisty wont draw if you're on the other side, and you wont see any vegetation on pik kozlova when you get prigorodki spawn.

Actualy, it's really really hard to spot anything, even the zeds.

I set settings to normal and the draw distance was still lower than what it is in stable.

Are we gonna get 1km bubble rendering and no further? Overall the eye candy looked allot worse, especialy all the background environment looked like its straight from OPF.

Whatever will help with performance...

it does seem to run slightly smoother (beside the more often mini fps freezes)

i tried to break zombies legs, during that time he hit me some 100 times. no dmg, nothing. if you go prone and "sneak" around the zombie, they seem unable  to hit you.

Edited by halp

yeah i got it yday. i just ignored it and played on :)