Sign in to follow this  
mattcorman

End of Map

Hello everyone, My question will start around End of map chernarus. For example, lot of people going to end of map ( texture ending ) and play savefully. But why BI cant make a barrier or rework to ISLAND and close thats problem? I know thats a only estetic problem, but when game will be finish, lot of people will play and build some bases on the textures like hiden. But thats a bull*hit so why BI cant rework this map and made around CERNO SEA or higher mountain atp. ghm ? Separate this and try make a new way for best.

QHxm_Vwr_1.jpg

• Like 2

Don't do that I get a truck and goto the Myschino Tents then speed off the map all the way to the Destroyed Military convoy and then the over grown north Military base , takes me no gasoline and 5 min driving off the map. Makes no sense now that they gave back to there LEGACY loot system , But it was tops when they actually had had the loot  right before the TEARS.. Because two babys found a smersh vest in an outhouse and refused to pick up a shovel and plant some pumpkins. So Were Back To LEGACY, WEAPONS ON EVERY CORNER.

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 1

@LoveAffair Don't know what u talking about, I dont see the context to the thread opener and your reply. What has the loot system to do with the reason of this topic? I dont get it  :)

@MattCorman: You have my beans sir! But im pretty sure they will do something with that in the future. Right now they have more important stuff to do.

Best thing is to throw up an invisible barrier and populate the surrounding terrain with trees and such. That's how it seems to me anyway.

• Like 1

Its the Truman Show

The real world awaits out in Debug Land.

Don't do that I get a truck and goto the Myschino Tents then speed off the map all the way to the Destroyed Military convoy and then the over grown north Military base , takes me no gasoline and 5 min driving off the map. Makes no sense now that they gave back to there LEGACY loot system , But it was tops when they actually had had the loot  right before the TEARS.. Because two babys found a smersh vest in an outhouse and refused to pick up a shovel and plant some pumpkins. So Were Back To LEGACY, WEAPONS ON EVERY CORNER.

this makes sense to me

LoveAffair says - like going round the bottom of the map in a boat, you can go round the top in a truck

Edited by pilgrim

I would a

Best thing is to throw up an invisible barrier and populate the surrounding terrain with trees and such. That's how it seems to me anyway.

would be more immersive to have border fences, rocks, contaminated areas, minefields etc etc instead an invisible border region...plus maybe having low poly trees ( maybe even buildings) beyond the border as far as the view of distance goes...

leaving the playable map for example using a heli, should lead to death...( after a warning that is of course)

cheers

this makes sense to me

I dont said, that this doesnt make sense... I know the loot system is bugged right now, and thats a fact.

But what has the reply of loveaffair to do with the topic of this thread??? 

I mean the topic of this thread is the messed up way, how they designed the map border, and how they should change it, or not?

He says that other players go their to play "savefully" and says its "bull*hit"

So the OP wants the map to be an island because its unfair that he can't kos the players near and in the end zone?

Interesting...

this makes sense to me

Well if you ever left to see if there is an edge to the map , Instead of doing what you do , Then it would.I'll catch ya outta Cherno player...

• Like 1

I dont said, that this doesnt make sense... I know the loot system is bugged right now, and thats a fact.

But what has the reply of loveaffair to do with the topic of this thread??? 

I mean the topic of this thread is the messed up way, how they designed the map border, and how they should change it,

He's ANGRY when he doesent find his 1st MOSIN in the Blue and wood house he Races into,,, Then Posts he is starving. Please .56 Loot System RAIN ON US ALL.. The TEASE of these people to give us that for a week and yank it back... what am i on now LEGACY ???  Month 2 , Can we Roll here please.....................................

I hate invisible barriers and impossible impasses, for me it's just as immersion-breaking as seeing this empty land knowing that my character is stuck like a mouse in a large invisible box. Besides there are the flight paths of helicopters, boats, even planes to consider. There should be some kind of barrier though. We used to have big belts of forest kilometers wide... but now they're placed buildings, roads, even whole cities right up against the debug plains. If they expand the map they should put some rolling hills to hide this...

It cant be infinite, it must end somewhere. Someone must test, keep running and see where it ends :)

I do agree though.. they should definitely barricade the edge of the map, just use mountains and steep cliffs. Imagine being on auto run.. where you jam a wedge of paper between the keys to hold the button down.. You get to map edge unknowingly while taking your bog/fag break.. Weeeeeeeeeeeee.. you come back and "What".. NOOOOOOOOO!?" 

Yep, you just fell off a cliff.

It cant be infinite, it must end somewhere. Someone must test, keep running and see where it ends :)

It doesn't end, you will die within hours. And even if you have a fighter jet, it will just run out of fuel and drop out of the sky. Been there done that. :lol:

• Like 2

..//..

ohhhhhh - OK   .. go out there and try it

right back from the start of the Mod, many players have tried ... it's still always the same ... and there are things out there you don't want to know ...

this is a bit of video someone found years ago ..

In the past great explorers like Gews have mounted whole expeditions into these zones. Read their accounts on the forums. Very few came back.

Take their word for it - Don't go there.

it IS endless

you WILL die

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Hello there

The map boarders *are* an issue but if it was such an easy fix do you not think it would have already been done?

As to what will be implemented, well Im not aware of anything but I would imagine:

impassable hills/blocked up tunnels

Killer fog

Or (my fave but I find it unlikely) the whole map converts to an island with infinite sea.

Rgds

LoK

Or (my fave but I find it unlikely) the whole map converts to an island with infinite sea.

My favourite too. Seem to recall the devs dismissing it, however, on the grounds that Chernarus isn't an island. Honestly I'd rather the 'lore' be bent a little bit rather than be faced with an endless nothing.

Certainly things like chasms with broken bridges, mountains with blocked tunnels and so on would also be cool, though hardly an obstacle for air vehicles.

• Like 1

I thing the barrier will be the sea in the future. It exist signs for this.

I uploading here some pics what you can see it. Between the mod and the standalone was the map expand to the 5 times size.

But the devs are only editet only the terrain. And I think a road to the end of the world is really unrealistic. And the map is for 100 players or more to small.

ArmA 2 Original Map (Loaded in ArmA 3)

Position A1 is on the South West corner on the map and looking into the west.

Position A2 is on the North East corner on map and looking into the North east

geJ6C4d.jpg

DayZ Standalone Map (Loaded in ArmA 3)

Position B1 is on the South West corner on the map and looking into the west.

Position B2 is on the North East corner on map and looking into the North east

hXpuECA.jpg

Positions

A1

Cq2ZMOA.jpg

A2

jqO4g0H.jpg

B1

cssg5AZ.jpg

B2

fMNK3WQ.jpg

Edited by Holzflasche

I've tried.  I've geared up with nothing but a compass, binoculars, pumpkin seeds and PET bottles, a shovel on my back.  A one-way suicide run north off the map for hours per day, I was hoping to find an easter egg oasis somewhere out there but had no luck.  What I did find was boredom, lots of it.  It's a good thing there wasnt a suicide option back then, I may have tried it..  Then when I found my first V3S I thought I would try it again, I may have been the first bonehead to drive immediately to the maps edge and fall through the floor.  :P

Edited by GaryWalnuts