Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[Instruments] Acoustic Guitar

I think it would be pretty cool to have an acoustic guitar in-game. Not as a melee weapon, but something to hold in your hands like you're playing it so musicians can walk around Chernarus with caps lock on playing and possibly singing over voip.

• Like 6

I think it would be pretty cool to have an acoustic guitar in-game. Not as a melee weapon, but something to hold in your hands like you're playing it so musicians can walk around Chernarus with caps lock on playing and possibly singing over voip.

Everything you said... except ALSO as a melee weapon.

• Like 2

Yes.  :thumbsup:  100%

Trying to learn this medley right now.

The first time I played the DayZ mod, and made a camp fire, first thought I had was to grab my guitar and play some. It was one of the features I loved the most in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, and always thought it was missing in other games.

It would be brilliant in the stand alone. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually we have access to something like that. Right now on experimental there's this working radio, no real use except for enjoyment and entertainment. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Lastly, not many people played this game, but Two Worlds 2 had a great mechanic with various instruments. It was a minigame to either have fun, or make some money with the NPCs if you were playing any good. Think of "Keyboard Hero" within a fantastic game, similar to TES series.

Either a similar mechanic, or just some selectable/or random songs, I'd be happy with.

• Like 1

Love this idea. If we can get a guitar and a deck of cards, leisure time in DayZ will be hugely improved :)

• Like 1

I agree. Have some beans!

I'd like to see a lot of instruments added like guitars, violins, drums, flutes, tambourines, ukeleles, (working) pianos, etc. and maybe some traditional Slavic instruments too. Of course we should have to learn how to play them as some random person wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do with a violin, but instruments could vastly improve the leisure/roleplay/whatever you wold call it portion of the game.

Only if it gives my companions +1 to damage rolls and +1 morale for saving throws.

• Like 1

I need to revive this topic,

because this idea is awesome :)

Played several times some guitar on this game, but with nothing in my character's hand :(

It would be super cool to have this kind of instrument in the game, it will add a lot to the atmosphere !

Guitar is the most played instrument in the world, so, there is maybe no need to have much more instrument, but maybe a harmonica would be cool too ;)

• Like 1

On 14-5-2015 at 7:42 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

YES! I requested this a half year ago and I still want it! YEs YES

Make it a melee weapon, but if you scroll and press ''Play Acoustic Guitar'' you can play it by using your keyboard for chords (similar to FL Studio etc, if I press an q I get a c if I press a w I get a D etc, now If I want to stop playing I scroll again and tadaa.'' Or maybe a few basic chords like AM, C, D, EM, E and G and thats it that would be fine too because than you can walk around and play

• Like 1

Hello there

Dont revive old threads please, in future make a new one it makes it easier from an organisational POV.

Ill leave this open for now.

Also, I want instruments in game too! I want to see the rebirth of MIDI files.

Rdgs

LoK

Edited by OrLoK

20 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Hello there

Dont revive old threads please, in future make a new one it makes it easier from an organisational POV.

Ill leave this open for now.

Also, I want instruments in game too! I want to see the rebirth of MIDI files.

Rdgs

LoK

Would be cool if they added support for midi cables, btw while theyre at it make the pianos in piano house playable

• Like 1

On 20/3/2016 at 7:06 PM, thefriendlydutchman said:

Make it a melee weapon, but if you scroll and press ''Play Acoustic Guitar'' you can play it by using your keyboard for chords (similar to FL Studio etc, if I press an q I get a c if I press a w I get a D etc, now If I want to stop playing I scroll again and tadaa.'' Or maybe a few basic chords like AM, C, D, EM, E and G and thats it that would be fine too because than you can walk around and play

Well,

I think this will be maybe too much ^^ We're not playing guitar hero here :D

I would prefer that devZ work on something more useful than this and will be happy if there was just a playing animation when you sit down with the guitar, you've got to play live with your own guitar dude ;)

If you don't know how to play guitar, you could broadcast a pop/folk song with your mic as well. :)

Sorry for the topic revival Orlok, I won't do it again.

But if I read the rules, I cannot open a topic which is about an already existing topic :(

MIDI will be crazy :D

I know that bohemia are crazy enought to do that, I'm playing Arma since operation flashpoint and spent many thousand of hours on Arma2/Dayz, but still, I noticed last week that the sea has a tide effect :O LOL ! These guys are crazy !

• Like 3

On 21-3-2016 at 7:46 PM, idie said:

Well,

I think this will be maybe too much ^^ We're not playing guitar hero here :D

I would prefer that devZ work on something more useful than this and will be happy if there was just a playing animation when you sit down with the guitar, you've got to play live with your own guitar dude ;)

If you don't know how to play guitar, you could broadcast a pop/folk song with your mic as well. :)

Sorry for the topic revival Orlok, I won't do it again.

But if I read the rules, I cannot open a topic which is about an already existing topic :(

MIDI will be crazy :D

I know that bohemia are crazy enought to do that, I'm playing Arma since operation flashpoint and spent many thousand of hours on Arma2/Dayz, but still, I noticed last week that the sea has a tide effect :O LOL ! These guys are crazy !

Well I dont mean a system like guitar hero, but more of what FL Studio has build in, using the keyboard to play notes, and multiple notes can be used for chords

• Like 1