Mesmaroth

Battle Royale?

Do you think there will soon be Battle Royal for the Stand Alone of DayZ? This is of course after everything has been fixed or at least in stable condition to have other maps and mods.

Edited by Mesmaroth

This is of course after everything has been fixed or at least in stable condition to have other maps and mods.

So, next year then... maybe? Why even bother talking about it yet?

So, next year then... maybe? Why even bother talking about it yet?

Probably because they've been playing H1Z1 in the meantime (like me) and have been enjoying the BR mode in it, and can't wait to see something similar in DayZ. I would imagine they would at least consider it, though I hope they don't also consider having airdrops as well (a rather stupid idea IMO).

Do you think there will soon be Battle Royal for the Stand Alone of DayZ? This is of course after everything has been fixed or at least in stable condition to have other maps and mods.

I certainly hope not. Battle Royale is miles away from what DayZ strives to be.

• Like 3

Go play Arma if you want a battle royale. DayZ is a survival game not a tdm

Edited by Caboose187

Probably because they've been playing H1Z1 in the meantime (like me) and have been enjoying the BR mode in it, and can't wait to see something similar in DayZ. I would imagine they would at least consider it, though I hope they don't also consider having airdrops as well (a rather stupid idea IMO).

So because they enjoy a feature in a game that has almost nothing in common with DayZ, that same feature should be ported over to DayZ? Why not just play the other game that already has it, where it actually kind of makes sense for it to exist? That way you get your feature, and DayZ can continue to be something else entirely.

Don't just take my word for it, though:

Jesus! What is it with this forum and you DayZ purists?! The OP asks a perfectly reasonable question, and straight away you're jumping down his throat.

You know very well they aren't going to take away your precious vanilla experience if they do introduce other versions of the game, so why do you get so bent out of shape when such things are mentioned? You'll still be able to sneak around the outskirts of the map, make a fire, sing kumbaya, and whinge about the fact that you actually found a can of food this week so the game clearly isn't hard enough!

And the ArmA III argument isn't valid. That game is slow, clunky, and over complicated. It has a completely different feel which I, and many others I play with really don't like. DayZ just feels right.

To the OP....

I'm pretty sure there will eventually be something along the lines of Battle Royale if/once mod's are allowed, but probably not for some time yet. Other game modes were extremely popular during the days of the original mod. Some even had double the servers that vanilla had, so providing modding is available at a later date then I see no reason why it wouldn't happen.

• Like 4

Look at Bohemias other titles, they do hardcore sim and thats it. The rest of the stuff comes from modders.

And BTW DayZ Mod Battle royal already exists. Go play it, its fun.

• Like 2

PlayerUnknown has already stated that he will be doing BR for DayZ Standalone when they allow modding, which is when the game is done. (Although I dislike BR.) 

Gintama 4 lyfe!

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

By all means have someone mod it in when that's possible.

But not officially.

Edited by Chompster

Yes, modding will be a thing (or it was when Dean Hal was kicking about) so I'm sure people will make a BR mod.

Battle Royal...starting tonight till Tuesday before Wed updates lol

• Like 1

Jesus! What is it with this forum and you DayZ purists?! 

And the ArmA III argument isn't valid. That game is slow, clunky, and over complicated. It has a completely different feel which I, and many others I play with really don't like. DayZ just feels right.

The differences in ARMA III and DayZ SA are there, but are not huge. Each is their own game. I'm sure once the modding is allowed BR will be brought into DayZ SA but since it appears the OP can't wait ARMA III's version is a perfectly acceptable alternative. I enjoy BR and play it from time to time, but it is definitely not DayZ. There is no reason for the developers to build what someone will create as a mod later and waste time on something that already exists in multiple forms out there as mods to other games. ;)

I hope not. It seems seriously out of place. Arma koth and H1Z1 BR are fun but just feels cheesy for dayz.

Your question was obviously already answered but ill just answer it again.

There won't be anything of the sort in the Vanilla version of DayZ Standalone. But soon enough modders will grab their typing shoes. (ha.    ..I'm funny) and make something of the sort.

Cheers.

Battle Royale is actually a survival game mode too.

Battle Royale is actually a survival game mode too.

Not..... exactly the "type" of survival Day Z is looking for.

Jesus! What is it with this forum and you DayZ purists?! The OP asks a perfectly reasonable question, and straight away you're jumping down his throat.

You know very well they aren't going to take away your precious vanilla experience if they do introduce other versions of the game, so why do you get so bent out of shape when such things are mentioned? You'll still be able to sneak around the outskirts of the map, make a fire, sing kumbaya, and whinge about the fact that you actually found a can of food this week so the game clearly isn't hard enough!

To the OP....

I'm pretty sure there will eventually be something along the lines of Battle Royale if/once mod's are allowed, but probably not for some time yet. Other game modes were extremely popular during the days of the original mod. Some even had double the servers that vanilla had, so providing modding is available at a later date then I see no reason why it wouldn't happen.

*One tear* Thank you, an actual forum response of your opinion. Thank you! I thought the dayZ community would be a little more mature about this.

Not..... exactly the "type" of survival Day Z is looking for.

Assuming what "type" of survival DayZ is actually looking for. It was already used on the mod, why stop now.

Assuming what "type" of survival DayZ is actually looking for. It was already used on the mod, why stop now.

1) "survival", in this case, means "making difficult decisions", "struggling against the environment", "dealing with a scarcity of resources", "The rebuilding of society", not "which gun do I choose to kill as many people as possible"?

2) The Standalone is not the mod, as evidenced by its name. 

3) The Devs, especially the lead developer, has stated outright derision at some of the more exclusively-pvp-oriented members of the playerbase, and a "Battle Royale"-type of gameplay would be right in that category. Numerous developers have stated through Tweets and Twitch that that is not the type of game they want Day Z Standalone to be.

I do believe one quote was, and I paraphrase ," players running around on the coast, wearing pink dresses and hitting each other with broomsticks". Classic

• Like 2

1) "survival", in this case, means "making difficult decisions", "struggling against the environment", "dealing with a scarcity of resources", "The rebuilding of society", not "which gun do I choose to kill as many people as possible"?

2) The Standalone is not the mod, as evidenced by its name. 

3) The Devs, especially the lead developer, has stated outright derision at some of the more exclusively-pvp-oriented members of the playerbase, and a "Battle Royale"-type of gameplay would be right in that category. Numerous developers have stated through Tweets and Twitch that that is not the type of game they want Day Z Standalone to be.

I do believe one quote was, and I paraphrase ," players running around on the coast, wearing pink dresses and hitting each other with broomsticks". Classic

I'm not saying replacing DayZ's survival with Battle Royale. I'm saying adding the game type within the game so others can choose to play that instead. Not removing any survival at all.

And if you wanna get technical with the word "Survival"

Survival: The state or fact of continuing to live or exist

Edited by Mesmaroth

I'm not saying replacing DayZ's survival with Battle Royale. I'm saying adding the game type within the game so others can choose to play that instead. Not removing any survival at all.

And if you wanna get technical with the word "Survival"

Survival: The state or fact of continuing to live or exist

Again: Not the type of game the Devs want Day Z to be.

Again: Not the type of game the Devs want Day Z to be.

Again: Just a side gametype for others to play and not effecting the actual DayZ "survival" gameplay.

• Like 1

Again: Just a side gametype for others to play and not effecting the actual DayZ "survival" gameplay.

Why are the devs going to waste valuable money and even-more-valuable time to implement a style of gameplay they don't, and will not, support?

And as others have pointed out, there is a plethora of other games that have this plus modders are most likely going to do this but it won't happen during the alpha process