lee83

Left handed problems

Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone could help me with the bindings Im wanting to set up the arrow keys to work so that i can move in the inventory like you can with W,A.S.D

Ive fiddled with that in game settings etc but to no avail

Can anyone just lend me some advice,

Much appreciated

Lee

What's the problem? Are you unable to bind arrow keys to anything? Try using something like IKJL. It's on the right side and you'll get more options for keys (like U and O could be lean. Y, perhaps, could be inventory).

My friend has exactly the same problem. His movement keys are the arrows and he said he couldn't move around while in the inventory either. It must just be something about WASD that are not apparent in the key bindings.

My friend has exactly the same problem. His movement keys are the arrows and he said he couldn't move around while in the inventory either. It must just be something about WASD that are not apparent in the key bindings.

If you use the number pad for movement, you can't start to move when you have the inventory open. But if you are running you can open and close the inventory. In action, this is all you need to do with it.

When you have the habit this it's not a problem. For left handers its a much bigger advantage to have movement on the numeric pad, against being able to do fancy stuff with your inventory

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224312-cannot-move-when-inventory-screen-is-up/#entry2254995

Edited by pilgrim

I use the arrow keys as I am left handed and found that the default WASD will still move me when inventory is up.

Just don't unbind those letters unless you really want them for something else.

I never liked doing that with the inventory personally and if I'm careful enough I usually don't think I miss anything.

Honestly, I think I find loot in the environment that others pass up because they never actually look at the ground in some areas and only look "through" their inventory.

I'm pretty sure I found a compass this way recently.

• Like 1