Sign in to follow this  
11tw

CPR

It would be cool to make CPR an option in DayZ. I get that CPR often doesn't work, however it would be a nice feature for those playing as medics.

The idea would be that if someone has suffered intense trauma (which does lead to cardiac arrest in real life, with bleeding being the cause of roughly a quarter of cardiac arrests in under 50s), their heart stops, and this causes their blood rating to fall rapidly.

Once you bandage them, you then select -attempt to resuscitate- from menu options, giving a small (my 1st aid instructor said that likelihood of survival goes up by 50%) chance to restore blood by a certain amount and reduce shock by a certain amount, while also cancelling out the "cardiac arrest" status.

Obviously this is a lot of effort for a slightly weird design feature, but in late game development I think this would be cool.

• Like 1

You clearly didn't read my post. There is a key difference between CPR (which involves using your hands as a sort of manual pump for the person's blood) and Defibrillation.

I know that there are defibrillators in game, but CPR and defib are very different.

• Like 1

once again CPR is already in game. and i'm not talking about defibrillators

Have you even tried to do CPR? To do it, just go up to an unconscious player and scroll through the options to get to "Compress (CPR)" and press your action key.

Have you even tried to do CPR? To do it, just go up to an unconscious player and scroll through the options to get to "Compress (CPR)" and press your action key.

Yep True .. simple like that