Sign in to follow this  
Senodog

Abandoned Soviet nuclear silo/bunker

Should a Ex-soviet nuclear silo/bunker in the middle of Black forest be added with military loot spawns but the base be hidden from the in game map and be very hard to find it with only one entrance and it is pitch black inside would be cool also how about adding a Nuclear Missile in that silo :) Of course it can't blow up or be launched just there for realism.

Edited by Senodog
  • Like 2

I think this could be a good idea.

Here is a prior, similar thread, for some past insights on the topic.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169676-north-west-missile-base/

The forum search function isn't great so I usually search a dayz forum topic on google and add "dayz forum" before the specific search word.

"dayz forum nuclear silo"

Edited by BioHaze

Here are some more ideas for the bunker/silo its self with it being pitch black and old you should add dripping of water and sounds of rats/mice, blood on the walls the sound of banging pips to really unnerve people make them feel terrified like there being watched also by a mean pitch black there is next to no light inside it only at the entrance there is light so it makes flashlights more useful because with out them it imposable to find your way around it and you can get lost easier.    

I think this could be a good idea.

I hope they do add this it would be amazing and creepy unlike the other bases really puts you on edge also imagine the gun fights room to room in pitch black. 

• Like 1

There was some talk of adding underground structures and on 0.50 we briefly had stairs down to an area that wasn't intended to be played in yet and was not configured properly.

• Like 1

i'm hoping one day we get areas that require certain gear such as gas mask the right filter and even a suit either be radioactive or the CDC suits when working with disease. i would like areas like labs as well where you can easily get sick and die yet there could be an abundance of medicine or some other rare loot. add in your missle silo maybe theres radioactive debris or leakage from the warheads where you would need a radioactive suit and since the area is so dangerous and would've been protected well before the outbreak there would be really good military loot there.

• Like 1

There was some talk of adding underground structures and on 0.50 we briefly had stairs down to an area that wasn't intended to be played in yet and was not configured properly.

yeah I went there once no offence to dev's I did not like it I really want to see something like a bunker/silo its self with it being pitch black and old with dripping of water and sounds of rats/mice, blood on the walls the sound of banging pips to really unnerve people make them feel terrified like there being watched also by a mean pitch black there is next to no light inside it only at the entrance there is light so it makes flashlights more useful because with out them it imposable to find your way around it.

No offense should be taken by them; I don't even think we should have seen that area yet as it "wasn't configured properly".

DX11-12 (the new renderer) and tweaks to the darkness/gamma system in DayZ will have a big effect on use of light sources and the "quality of darkness" in-game as well.

Unfortunately, this is something that might be closer to the Beta side of the dev cycle, but maybe I'm forgetting something on the road map and it's sooner....

• Like 1

No offense should be taken by them; I don't even think we should have seen that area yet as it "wasn't configured properly".

DX11-12 (the new renderer) and tweaks to the darkness/gamma system in DayZ will have a big effect on use of light sources and the "quality of darkness" in-game as well.

Unfortunately, this is something that might be closer to the Beta side of the dev cycle, but maybe I'm forgetting something on the road map and it's sooner....

but the sounds in the bunker/silo do you think that shoudl be added if the bunker/silo is added?

(Hopefully my PC can handle the new render) 

also the missile base has only a few lights and some of them a blinking on and off also you can shoot the lights to break them and they will not work until the restart.

Edited by Senodog

I think the chances of the engine putting you under the map at respawns, instead of inside the bunker, are very high. So, I'd rather not have an area like that, before I can be sure it won't kill me at random. The devs are not in favor of bunkers as far as I know, but for technical reasons as well. They can't be done convincingly in the current game engine. Same as caves, I guess. There just aren't the right tools for this in the engine's editor and its capabilities.

I don't think lighting the area would be a problem, as essentially it would be pitch black for the most part. There is no electricity. So maybe you'd need to make a fire to see anything in there at all. I do like the thought of structures like these, but I think we have enough variation that could be brought to the surface world and hasn't even been tapped into. The location of the "secret" bunker would also be all over google, etc. so it would be easy to find. You could randomize it by having three different exits to the bunker and only one of them being active at the time. That would at least keep everyone from rushing to the one exit. 

It reminds me of the Namalsk bunker, which was fun albeit quite glitchy. It only had one exit and everyone knew where it was. Getting in and out there provided a huge risk to get shot. So it was either for the reckless/ newspawns or for groups big enough to defend and hold the entrance while their guys were down there. Interesting sometimes, but I think most of the time I would have preferred a second exit somewhere.