thewire

looks like .56 will be a character wipe..saw msg in server earlier

looks like there will be battle royale soon! 

updated with screenshot

unnamed_zps5rem4vlc.jpg

Edited by thewire
  • Like 1

AK - [x]

MP5 - [x]

Can opener - [ ] :(

AFAIK in the status report Hicks said wipe of camps and persistence only, not characters.

Tied with the 0.56 update to Stable branch, we'll see a hive wide reset (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)

I guess it's possible but wasn't what I took from the above statement.

Edit to say: "Hive wide" could include characters....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

AK - [x]

MP5 - [x]

Can opener - [ ] :(

AFAIK in the status report Hicks said wipe of camps and persistence only, not characters.

I guess it's possible but wasn't what I took from the above statement.

Edit to say: "Hive wide" could include characters....

I know right...just found an Aug at Heli site with 3 mags! lol

• Like 1

it's so necessary though.  c'mon we all know that.

• Like 7

I am going to miss the stuff I found at the last few months but this is the only way to get rid of duped gear.

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Well they aren't consistent in what they say in status reports and in server messages. Besides this isn't like they fixed duping yet because people still do it so this doesn't fix anything.

All I have to say is FUCKING SHIT because I've been specifically hoarding ammo and weapons for 0.56.

Oh dear lord I hope heli crashsites will be fixed.

• Like 1

Besides this isn't like they fixed duping yet because people still do it so this doesn't fix anything.

Known duping methods have been fixed (internal 0.56 build) and no longer work.

• Like 1

This better be true because otherwise there's no point to this wipe.

Feel free to have a look at the latest status report: http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-06-may-15

"... Bugfixes on various known duplication vulnerabilities"

• Like 1

I've read that but supposedly duping has been fixed since whatever update before and yet people still could dupe stuff. Of course I'm sceptical.

whipe ???? 

so im going to elektro and get myself killed trying to wreck as much havoc as possible! 

Well they aren't consistent in what they say in status reports and in server messages.

How so? Proof?

I've read that but supposedly duping has been fixed since whatever update before and yet people still could dupe stuff. Of course I'm sceptical.

Duping isn't done using just one method, and when a new method is found it has to be fixed. These things happen. They can't see into the future and fix an exploit no one has found or used yet.

whipe ???? 

so im going to elektro and get myself killed trying to wreck as much havoc as possible! 

You and everyone else :)

• Like 1

Status report says player camps, not characters, while server messages say characters too.

Status report says player camps, not characters, while server messages say characters too.

To be clear; it reads: "hive wide reset (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)". Character data is saved on the public/private hives.

So, "hive wide reset, as in character data, (public/private) - including local storage data (player camps, vehicles)".

• Like 1

Nowhere is it stated that there would be a "hive wide reset - excluding character data".

Nowhere is it stated that there would be a "hive wide reset - excluding character data".

Time to go out with a bang then. 

• Like 1

Havent played in weeks and my 6+ geared chars accross the board will see some Action than :D  going out in style....

• Like 1

Time to go out with a bang then. 

the bigger, the better :)

• Like 2

Do we have an ETA on the patch for stable? Just curious when I should plan on endless gunfights...

Do we have an ETA on the patch for stable? Just curious when I should plan on endless gunfights...

I would say not before the 20th of this month. It's not out on Experimental yet, and it's going to require a good bit of gestation time there before it moves to Stable based on how much bug testing it sounds like it will need.

Edited by Tatanko