vfxtodd

SKS ammo in 0.55?

any luck finding SKS ammo in patch 0.55.

I found an SKS, looking for hours. No ammo.

Thoughts?

it's technically .55 but loot is based off .54......and yeah ive had trouble finding it as well. the only box of 762x39 ive found was at a mil base. i also found a 75 rnd drum for an akm which was full. but yeah, haven't seen it much but i think it's mostly a military spawn item i believe?

Found some in the corners of the tents at NW airfield. Not much since .54 loot rollback though. Also found some at tanks as well.

I have an SKS myself and would love to use it in game, just can't argue the amount of ammo I find for the other weapons in comparison.

Edited by 8bit_Survivor
  • Like 1

Tents, have 6+ boxes and a bunch of loose rounds most found at NWAF and the tent city in the west.

We still in .54 system by the time .56 comes I think it'll be back to central loot economy but this is means the end of SKS ammo, 9mm, and 45 acp rounds only spawning in mil locals and guns only spawning in few locations instead of spread out.....hopefully.

It's harder to find than it should be, as are stripper clips. Phudado said the other day in his stream he thought 7.62x39mm would be more readily available in the next patch. I also hate that your gun somehow sucks the stripper clip in when you load it. It should load the ammo and then be empty in your inventory after the ammo is loaded. you don't leave the clip in the gun.

• Like 1

I've been finding 10 round stripper clips and boxes of rounds everywhere. Weird. Found two stripper clips just sitting in one of those green gun houses.

Ya sks ammo is everywhere. Mostly it is right underneath you but you can't see it. I have a Logitech g600 mouse, so I put tab in a button next to my thumb. I can take 2 steps tap tap take 2 steps tap tap and search real nice in tents. Nothing is there visibly, it's sunk into the ground a couple inches. I ground search about  6 times in a tent. 4 corners, 2 in the middle along the sides. So I get in 1 corner and go 1 2 3 hang a left into the next corner and go 1 2 3 on the way back out. I'm pretty sure everyone does that right? %^)

• Like 1

yeah I run around the tent with my inventory open. I don't really find much.

• Like 1

200+ rounds, myself. Two runs of the NWAF+Veresnik milbase. I also find them inside houses.

yeah I run around the tent with my inventory open. I don't really find much.

I'm glued to the ground mostly while in inventory screen. You can move with the inventory screen open? That would make searching lots easier.

Found 6 boxes just the other day after about 4 hours of searching. Traded it away for 300 magnum rounds but it's out there. I agree that it is pretty rare now, not sure why because it used to be found everywhere. I'll PM you if I find any more. Meanwhile, happy looting!

Found 6 boxes just the other day after about 4 hours of searching. Traded it away for 300 magnum rounds but it's out there. I agree that it is pretty rare now, not sure why because it used to be found everywhere. I'll PM you if I find any more. Meanwhile, happy looting!

Where did you find six boxes of ammo?