Sign in to follow this  
Sollesi

This is easily the most unstable early access game I have ever played

How is it that as the updates come out, the game runs progressively worse and worse each time? Back in the earlier versions where I predominantly played (around versions .32 up to about .47), I could be in a city and maintain up to 30 fps; it was acceptable considering how early on in development this game was. It would only make sense for the game to run better after getting updates, but as I look at the recent patch notes and such, I am seeing that they just keep adding things, rather than fixing glaring optimization problems. 

Here is a statement that I can almost guarantee no amd user can say: "I can maintain over 30 fps in this game on any configuration of settings." I wonder if Bohemia realizes that they are cutting off an entire branch of players by continuing on the path they are going on; this game is now unplayable on my fx-8320, and I can only imagine it doesn't run much better on the fx-8350 or more powerful amd processors. 

I hope they go towards fixing this game rather than adding things in every patch, because at this rate, by the time of the beta's release, I will not be able to play this game at all.

• Like 1

Alpha: Adding tons of crap that can/will break things, experimenting with code that can/will break things

Beta: Polish and optimization and tweaks.

Maybe you should wait a while to play again. I've only played about 60 hours this year so far and that's all been on exp branch. 

• Like 2

It would only make sense for the game to run better after getting updates

A fully released game, yes.

It is the nature of game development where adding new features breaks some features that were added previously. That is why features are continuously being added and only the most major problems are fixed. That is why optimisation is the very last step in game development. You don't want to optimise the game only so that the next added feature completely breaks it again.

• Like 2

I can only imagine it doesn't run much better on the fx-8350 or more powerful amd processors. 

I have an FX-8350 and

"I can maintain over 30 fps in this game on any configuration of settings."

Happy now?

• Like 1

I hate how many people don't know what developing a game is.

It's in alpha, right now your just along for the ride.

They don't give one flying poop about glitches right now. They will have one major bug fixing patch towards the end of alpha or beta (I forgot which one) called "the polishing act" oooooooooh.. aaahhh. And on this magical day, 99% of glitches will magically disappear! They do this after all of the features are added in, Because if they fix a glitch lets say right now, then add in another feature later, a new glitch would just appear. If they are done adding in features, they only have to fix it all once. Ya dig?

maybe a second or third bug fixing update to clean up.. but you get the point.

Now stop whining, and let the staircase do it's job!

What other early access game have you played, where right in the middle of development the devs decided to rewrite the game engine, renderer, netcode, character controller, AI, and other key software, while at the same time making a concerted effort to maintain a somewhat playable game for those of us who supported the game though the early access program?

In my experience, the public do not get access to a project (closed, open, alpha, beta, or otherwise), until all of these key assets (and more) are nailed down.

It's only due to the success of the early access program that the devs now have the funding to address fundamental flaws / constraints, that we otherwise would have had to put up with. Sure development will take longer and the new code will undoubtedly be buggy when it is first introduced, but the quality of the finished game will be dramatically better, than if the devs had been forced to stick with the original engine. I would encourage you to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

These threads feel like groundhog day. How can so many people be so ignorant or misinformed what an alpha development stage actually entails -.-

I've never seen any other alpa that would run so poorly. Most of the devs make sure that their game is working at least half-decent before they realease it to public demanding money.

• Like 1

I've never seen any other alpa that would run so poorly. Most of the devs make sure that their game is working at least half-decent before they realease it to public demanding money.

You keep saying "alpha" and "release", i dont think it means what you think it means...

Edited by Byrgesen